Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 4/9/15 at 2:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 350post #5236 of 82123/13/13 at 3:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5237 of 82123/13/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Exactly....two different things.post #5238 of 82123/13/13 at 5:37pmpost #5239 of 82123/13/13 at 5:51pmpost #5240 of 82123/13/13 at 6:13pmQuote:
but but at my place the superluxs cheaper than s500 and since its from local seller i can get it fasterpost #5241 of 82123/13/13 at 6:16pmQuote:
I have both superlux HD681/ 668Bs, there is no comparison to these S500s in terms of comfort/ portability/ sound quality. Only thing they have over the S500s is a bigger soundstage due to the semi open backs. These S500s blows them out of the water PERIOD!!!post #5242 of 82123/13/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
Every comment I've seen that mentioned comparing the two said the S500 were better than the Superlux.post #5243 of 82123/13/13 at 6:20pmQuote:
Just give it a rest. My 500 came directly from Yokohama for 37 bucks and I honestly would pay 100 bucks more for it. It's so versatile and awesome overall. I would also choose it over every sub-$300 sennheiser. So if someone told me it's the end of the world and you can take only one headphone with you I'd go for the s500 for sure. And I mean as it is with stock pads and everything. Just a top-notch performance for almost no moneypost #5244 of 82123/13/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
Yeah sometimes people just need to go read the thread a bit before asking question tbh. We talked about the superluxes not that long ago so................post #5245 of 82123/13/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
Yeah, it's not even fair.post #5246 of 82123/13/13 at 6:40pmpost #5247 of 82123/13/13 at 6:40pmpost #5248 of 82123/13/13 at 6:43pm
^ ahahaha poor thing, got a good ol' flaming for asking a simple question. Good to use the search function for threads like these to see if it has been mentioned before. Then if you really can't find the answers to your question it doesn't hurt to ask, but in this case it did. hohopost #5249 of 82123/13/13 at 6:44pmQuote:Well dammit after almost eternity of waiting from dam cheapo shipping from Japan Si finally have my s500..Originally Posted by kova4a
Just give it a rest. My 500 came directly from Yokohama for 37 bucks and I honestly would pay 100 bucks more for it. It's so versatile and awesome overall. I would also choose it over every sub-$300 sennheiser. So if someone told me it's the end of the world and you can take only one headphone with you I'd go for the s500 for sure. And I mean as it is with stock pads and everything. Just a top-notch performance for almost no money
In that period I have bought quite a few others.
Put them straight on my head from box thinking I will just listen for 3min and put back for sell. ..
... .... ,,,, ******* ????? Oooooo $$httt !!!
Oooowwwaa Myyyeeeee Gaaawwwwddd!!
What the he'll???
This is dam good can!
Sub bass is kicking my head and mids are alive without the hot treble of the Amperior that were on my head just before..!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Israel-Lets meet! 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › Picked up Rha t10i - My Impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › NVX XPT100 vs Takstar Pro 80 5 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2