Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Yesterday at 10:37 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 350post #5236 of 80343/13/13 at 3:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5237 of 80343/13/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Exactly....two different things.post #5238 of 80343/13/13 at 5:37pmpost #5239 of 80343/13/13 at 5:51pmpost #5240 of 80343/13/13 at 6:13pmQuote:
but but at my place the superluxs cheaper than s500 and since its from local seller i can get it fasterpost #5241 of 80343/13/13 at 6:16pmQuote:
I have both superlux HD681/ 668Bs, there is no comparison to these S500s in terms of comfort/ portability/ sound quality. Only thing they have over the S500s is a bigger soundstage due to the semi open backs. These S500s blows them out of the water PERIOD!!!post #5242 of 80343/13/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
Every comment I've seen that mentioned comparing the two said the S500 were better than the Superlux.post #5243 of 80343/13/13 at 6:20pmQuote:
Just give it a rest. My 500 came directly from Yokohama for 37 bucks and I honestly would pay 100 bucks more for it. It's so versatile and awesome overall. I would also choose it over every sub-$300 sennheiser. So if someone told me it's the end of the world and you can take only one headphone with you I'd go for the s500 for sure. And I mean as it is with stock pads and everything. Just a top-notch performance for almost no moneypost #5244 of 80343/13/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
Yeah sometimes people just need to go read the thread a bit before asking question tbh. We talked about the superluxes not that long ago so................post #5245 of 80343/13/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
Yeah, it's not even fair.post #5246 of 80343/13/13 at 6:40pmpost #5247 of 80343/13/13 at 6:40pmpost #5248 of 80343/13/13 at 6:43pm
^ ahahaha poor thing, got a good ol' flaming for asking a simple question. Good to use the search function for threads like these to see if it has been mentioned before. Then if you really can't find the answers to your question it doesn't hurt to ask, but in this case it did. hohopost #5249 of 80343/13/13 at 6:44pmQuote:Well dammit after almost eternity of waiting from dam cheapo shipping from Japan Si finally have my s500..Originally Posted by kova4a
Just give it a rest. My 500 came directly from Yokohama for 37 bucks and I honestly would pay 100 bucks more for it. It's so versatile and awesome overall. I would also choose it over every sub-$300 sennheiser. So if someone told me it's the end of the world and you can take only one headphone with you I'd go for the s500 for sure. And I mean as it is with stock pads and everything. Just a top-notch performance for almost no money
In that period I have bought quite a few others.
Put them straight on my head from box thinking I will just listen for 3min and put back for sell. ..
... .... ,,,, ******* ????? Oooooo $$httt !!!
Oooowwwaa Myyyeeeee Gaaawwwwddd!!
What the he'll???
This is dam good can!
Sub bass is kicking my head and mids are alive without the hot treble of the Amperior that were on my head just before..!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex TH 900 – Modifications – Worth it? 53 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 59 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Closed cans for a child -looking for recommendations. 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob