Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 350post #5236 of 82093/13/13 at 3:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5237 of 82093/13/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Exactly....two different things.post #5238 of 82093/13/13 at 5:37pmpost #5239 of 82093/13/13 at 5:51pmpost #5240 of 82093/13/13 at 6:13pmQuote:
but but at my place the superluxs cheaper than s500 and since its from local seller i can get it fasterpost #5241 of 82093/13/13 at 6:16pmQuote:
I have both superlux HD681/ 668Bs, there is no comparison to these S500s in terms of comfort/ portability/ sound quality. Only thing they have over the S500s is a bigger soundstage due to the semi open backs. These S500s blows them out of the water PERIOD!!!post #5242 of 82093/13/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
Every comment I've seen that mentioned comparing the two said the S500 were better than the Superlux.post #5243 of 82093/13/13 at 6:20pmQuote:
Just give it a rest. My 500 came directly from Yokohama for 37 bucks and I honestly would pay 100 bucks more for it. It's so versatile and awesome overall. I would also choose it over every sub-$300 sennheiser. So if someone told me it's the end of the world and you can take only one headphone with you I'd go for the s500 for sure. And I mean as it is with stock pads and everything. Just a top-notch performance for almost no moneypost #5244 of 82093/13/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
Yeah sometimes people just need to go read the thread a bit before asking question tbh. We talked about the superluxes not that long ago so................post #5245 of 82093/13/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
Yeah, it's not even fair.post #5246 of 82093/13/13 at 6:40pmpost #5247 of 82093/13/13 at 6:40pmpost #5248 of 82093/13/13 at 6:43pm
^ ahahaha poor thing, got a good ol' flaming for asking a simple question. Good to use the search function for threads like these to see if it has been mentioned before. Then if you really can't find the answers to your question it doesn't hurt to ask, but in this case it did. hohopost #5249 of 82093/13/13 at 6:44pmQuote:Well dammit after almost eternity of waiting from dam cheapo shipping from Japan Si finally have my s500..Originally Posted by kova4a
Just give it a rest. My 500 came directly from Yokohama for 37 bucks and I honestly would pay 100 bucks more for it. It's so versatile and awesome overall. I would also choose it over every sub-$300 sennheiser. So if someone told me it's the end of the world and you can take only one headphone with you I'd go for the s500 for sure. And I mean as it is with stock pads and everything. Just a top-notch performance for almost no money
In that period I have bought quite a few others.
Put them straight on my head from box thinking I will just listen for 3min and put back for sell. ..
... .... ,,,, ******* ????? Oooooo $$httt !!!
Oooowwwaa Myyyeeeee Gaaawwwwddd!!
What the he'll???
This is dam good can!
Sub bass is kicking my head and mids are alive without the hot treble of the Amperior that were on my head just before..!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 28 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 24 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 10 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2