- 4,230 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/17/14 at 5:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 333post #4981 of 81242/25/13 at 6:45amI did misread...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4982 of 81242/25/13 at 5:41pm
Hey guys, try cranking this up a bit (I hope I didn't hurt myself! lol) on your S500s!! I tried ot see hwo high I could handle mine and they literally vibrated off my ears, no distortion. Wowpost #4983 of 81242/26/13 at 3:18pmpost #4984 of 81242/26/13 at 3:55pm
I haven't try XB400/600 but i tried the XB500.
S500 wins every way, except comfort. imo
Even with stock pads, S500 > XB500.
So, S500 > XB500 > XB600 > XB400post #4985 of 81242/26/13 at 11:50pmpost #4986 of 81242/27/13 at 12:13ampost #4987 of 81242/27/13 at 2:53amQuote:
Depends on your sound preference. If you want it to look good while having the best sound possible and increased comfort I would go with the ATH pleathers.post #4988 of 81242/27/13 at 3:16amQuote:
ATH Pleathers and 2 vents taped is a winning combo!post #4989 of 81242/27/13 at 3:21ampost #4990 of 81242/27/13 at 3:25amQuote:
I went back to stock pads once for about 5 mins, was disappointed with the congested sound compared to ATH Pleathers.post #4991 of 81242/27/13 at 3:28ampost #4992 of 81242/27/13 at 3:28amQuote:
I feel like the quantity of bass increases while the quality decreases. Maybe I'm just picky, but the texture just wasn't as good. I have the HM5 pads and although I love the comfort I think the stock pads have better sound. I still haven't gotten around to getting the ATH pleathers, maybe I should. I have the HD25 velours and I like the stock pads WAY better.post #4993 of 81242/27/13 at 3:33amQuote:
This. I just let my ears get used to the stock pad pressure, though they still hurt a little when putting off the phones after a longer sessionpost #4994 of 81242/27/13 at 3:45amQuote:
I feel like the more I listen to them the more comfortable to pads get. I think it's the headband stretching out.post #4995 of 81242/27/13 at 4:27amQuote:
The sound is better with the stock pads than with the HD25 velours, true. The comfort is better with the velours, but I don't find the stock pads all that uncomfortable except I know in the summer there will be sweaty ears. I just listened to them lying in bed with stock pads for two hours with no comfort issues.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Android phones and USB DACs 49 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › DJ looking for better home sound. 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood (NEW ZMF FLAGSHIP!!!) Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)