- 4,174 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 9/5/14 at 1:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 333post #4981 of 81172/25/13 at 6:45amI did misread...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4982 of 81172/25/13 at 5:41pm
Hey guys, try cranking this up a bit (I hope I didn't hurt myself! lol) on your S500s!! I tried ot see hwo high I could handle mine and they literally vibrated off my ears, no distortion. Wowpost #4983 of 81172/26/13 at 3:18pmpost #4984 of 81172/26/13 at 3:55pm
I haven't try XB400/600 but i tried the XB500.
S500 wins every way, except comfort. imo
Even with stock pads, S500 > XB500.
So, S500 > XB500 > XB600 > XB400post #4985 of 81172/26/13 at 11:50pmpost #4986 of 81172/27/13 at 12:13ampost #4987 of 81172/27/13 at 2:53amQuote:
Depends on your sound preference. If you want it to look good while having the best sound possible and increased comfort I would go with the ATH pleathers.post #4988 of 81172/27/13 at 3:16amQuote:
ATH Pleathers and 2 vents taped is a winning combo!post #4989 of 81172/27/13 at 3:21ampost #4990 of 81172/27/13 at 3:25amQuote:
I went back to stock pads once for about 5 mins, was disappointed with the congested sound compared to ATH Pleathers.post #4991 of 81172/27/13 at 3:28ampost #4992 of 81172/27/13 at 3:28amQuote:
I feel like the quantity of bass increases while the quality decreases. Maybe I'm just picky, but the texture just wasn't as good. I have the HM5 pads and although I love the comfort I think the stock pads have better sound. I still haven't gotten around to getting the ATH pleathers, maybe I should. I have the HD25 velours and I like the stock pads WAY better.post #4993 of 81172/27/13 at 3:33amQuote:
This. I just let my ears get used to the stock pad pressure, though they still hurt a little when putting off the phones after a longer sessionpost #4994 of 81172/27/13 at 3:45amQuote:
I feel like the more I listen to them the more comfortable to pads get. I think it's the headband stretching out.post #4995 of 81172/27/13 at 4:27amQuote:
The sound is better with the stock pads than with the HD25 velours, true. The comfort is better with the velours, but I don't find the stock pads all that uncomfortable except I know in the summer there will be sweaty ears. I just listened to them lying in bed with stock pads for two hours with no comfort issues.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 57 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › audioadvisor.com? 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 5 minutes ago
- › London Head-Fi Meet Up - Summer 2014 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 9 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 10 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 11 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 12 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)