- 4,189 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 10/7/14 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 333post #4981 of 81242/25/13 at 6:45amI did misread...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4982 of 81242/25/13 at 5:41pm
Hey guys, try cranking this up a bit (I hope I didn't hurt myself! lol) on your S500s!! I tried ot see hwo high I could handle mine and they literally vibrated off my ears, no distortion. Wowpost #4983 of 81242/26/13 at 3:18pmpost #4984 of 81242/26/13 at 3:55pm
I haven't try XB400/600 but i tried the XB500.
S500 wins every way, except comfort. imo
Even with stock pads, S500 > XB500.
So, S500 > XB500 > XB600 > XB400post #4985 of 81242/26/13 at 11:50pmpost #4986 of 81242/27/13 at 12:13ampost #4987 of 81242/27/13 at 2:53amQuote:
Depends on your sound preference. If you want it to look good while having the best sound possible and increased comfort I would go with the ATH pleathers.post #4988 of 81242/27/13 at 3:16amQuote:
ATH Pleathers and 2 vents taped is a winning combo!post #4989 of 81242/27/13 at 3:21ampost #4990 of 81242/27/13 at 3:25amQuote:
I went back to stock pads once for about 5 mins, was disappointed with the congested sound compared to ATH Pleathers.post #4991 of 81242/27/13 at 3:28ampost #4992 of 81242/27/13 at 3:28amQuote:
I feel like the quantity of bass increases while the quality decreases. Maybe I'm just picky, but the texture just wasn't as good. I have the HM5 pads and although I love the comfort I think the stock pads have better sound. I still haven't gotten around to getting the ATH pleathers, maybe I should. I have the HD25 velours and I like the stock pads WAY better.post #4993 of 81242/27/13 at 3:33amQuote:
This. I just let my ears get used to the stock pad pressure, though they still hurt a little when putting off the phones after a longer sessionpost #4994 of 81242/27/13 at 3:45amQuote:
I feel like the more I listen to them the more comfortable to pads get. I think it's the headband stretching out.post #4995 of 81242/27/13 at 4:27amQuote:
The sound is better with the stock pads than with the HD25 velours, true. The comfort is better with the velours, but I don't find the stock pads all that uncomfortable except I know in the summer there will be sweaty ears. I just listened to them lying in bed with stock pads for two hours with no comfort issues.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 22 seconds ago
- › *** MonoPrice DJ Headphones 8323 Review *** 35 seconds ago
- › Beat headphone + inbuilt MIC option? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for newb on good headphones and amp/DAC for rock. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)