- 4,274 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Yesterday at 10:06 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 333post #4981 of 81482/25/13 at 6:45amI did misread...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4982 of 81482/25/13 at 5:41pm
Hey guys, try cranking this up a bit (I hope I didn't hurt myself! lol) on your S500s!! I tried ot see hwo high I could handle mine and they literally vibrated off my ears, no distortion. Wowpost #4983 of 81482/26/13 at 3:18pmpost #4984 of 81482/26/13 at 3:55pm
I haven't try XB400/600 but i tried the XB500.
S500 wins every way, except comfort. imo
Even with stock pads, S500 > XB500.
So, S500 > XB500 > XB600 > XB400post #4985 of 81482/26/13 at 11:50pmpost #4986 of 81482/27/13 at 12:13ampost #4987 of 81482/27/13 at 2:53amQuote:
Depends on your sound preference. If you want it to look good while having the best sound possible and increased comfort I would go with the ATH pleathers.post #4988 of 81482/27/13 at 3:16amQuote:
ATH Pleathers and 2 vents taped is a winning combo!post #4989 of 81482/27/13 at 3:21ampost #4990 of 81482/27/13 at 3:25amQuote:
I went back to stock pads once for about 5 mins, was disappointed with the congested sound compared to ATH Pleathers.post #4991 of 81482/27/13 at 3:28ampost #4992 of 81482/27/13 at 3:28amQuote:
I feel like the quantity of bass increases while the quality decreases. Maybe I'm just picky, but the texture just wasn't as good. I have the HM5 pads and although I love the comfort I think the stock pads have better sound. I still haven't gotten around to getting the ATH pleathers, maybe I should. I have the HD25 velours and I like the stock pads WAY better.post #4993 of 81482/27/13 at 3:33amQuote:
This. I just let my ears get used to the stock pad pressure, though they still hurt a little when putting off the phones after a longer sessionpost #4994 of 81482/27/13 at 3:45amQuote:
I feel like the more I listen to them the more comfortable to pads get. I think it's the headband stretching out.post #4995 of 81482/27/13 at 4:27amQuote:
The sound is better with the stock pads than with the HD25 velours, true. The comfort is better with the velours, but I don't find the stock pads all that uncomfortable except I know in the summer there will be sweaty ears. I just listened to them lying in bed with stock pads for two hours with no comfort issues.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 12 seconds ago
- › cheaper / better alternatives to NVX XPT100s? 14 seconds ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 25 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a "cheap" Closed OverEar Headphone for not to care... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for full size headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)