- 4,401 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 4/9/15 at 2:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 333post #4981 of 82352/25/13 at 6:45amI did misread...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4982 of 82352/25/13 at 5:41pm
Hey guys, try cranking this up a bit (I hope I didn't hurt myself! lol) on your S500s!! I tried ot see hwo high I could handle mine and they literally vibrated off my ears, no distortion. Wowpost #4983 of 82352/26/13 at 3:18pmpost #4984 of 82352/26/13 at 3:55pm
I haven't try XB400/600 but i tried the XB500.
S500 wins every way, except comfort. imo
Even with stock pads, S500 > XB500.
So, S500 > XB500 > XB600 > XB400post #4985 of 82352/26/13 at 11:50pmpost #4986 of 82352/27/13 at 12:13ampost #4987 of 82352/27/13 at 2:53amQuote:
Depends on your sound preference. If you want it to look good while having the best sound possible and increased comfort I would go with the ATH pleathers.post #4988 of 82352/27/13 at 3:16amQuote:
ATH Pleathers and 2 vents taped is a winning combo!post #4989 of 82352/27/13 at 3:21ampost #4990 of 82352/27/13 at 3:25amQuote:
I went back to stock pads once for about 5 mins, was disappointed with the congested sound compared to ATH Pleathers.post #4991 of 82352/27/13 at 3:28ampost #4992 of 82352/27/13 at 3:28amQuote:
I feel like the quantity of bass increases while the quality decreases. Maybe I'm just picky, but the texture just wasn't as good. I have the HM5 pads and although I love the comfort I think the stock pads have better sound. I still haven't gotten around to getting the ATH pleathers, maybe I should. I have the HD25 velours and I like the stock pads WAY better.post #4993 of 82352/27/13 at 3:33amQuote:
This. I just let my ears get used to the stock pad pressure, though they still hurt a little when putting off the phones after a longer sessionpost #4994 of 82352/27/13 at 3:45amQuote:
I feel like the more I listen to them the more comfortable to pads get. I think it's the headband stretching out.post #4995 of 82352/27/13 at 4:27amQuote:
The sound is better with the stock pads than with the HD25 velours, true. The comfort is better with the velours, but I don't find the stock pads all that uncomfortable except I know in the summer there will be sweaty ears. I just listened to them lying in bed with stock pads for two hours with no comfort issues.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 28 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 34 seconds ago
- › Newsmy G1 Pocket Lossless Player 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Small tips for my MA750's 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Raspberry Pi2 as Music Server? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Need advice on what to buy next 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › Underpass: Solution to or Cause of Traffic...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)