Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for... Last post on Today at 6:50 am in Headphones (full-size)
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 5/17/13 at 7:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 4/4/13 at 5:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just got a pair of Monoprice 839 Last post on 2/4/13 at 9:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 330post #4936 of 63752/20/13 at 10:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4937 of 63752/20/13 at 12:18pmpost #4938 of 63752/21/13 at 3:39pm
just installed the AT Pleather pads....
PURE MAGIC, i feel like they turned into K550 mother of god...
total $70 s500 w/pads, what a deal..
I noticed sibilance once i installed the pads, but not a big problem.post #4939 of 63752/21/13 at 3:44pmpost #4940 of 63752/21/13 at 3:48pmpost #4941 of 63752/21/13 at 3:52pm
Doc's former fav pads on his former fav S500s, the senni HD25 pads. Bottom of linked page on how they look like but they are $$ though......
Damn those blue HD25 pads look so spiffy!!!post #4942 of 63752/21/13 at 4:12pmpost #4943 of 63752/21/13 at 5:24pmpost #4944 of 63752/21/13 at 5:39pm
For the S400s these AKG DJ pads seems to be the best, also many like the HM5 pads over the stock modded S400s pads as well.post #4945 of 63752/21/13 at 5:51pmThread Starter
I am glad to see that you guys are in good hands with sf around. Oh and Seekky you are no where near done with burn in.. The highs will smooth out for certain.post #4946 of 63752/21/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
You mean mind burn in or headphone burn in?post #4947 of 63752/21/13 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
For the S400s these AKG DJ pads seems to be the best, also many like the HM5 pads over the stock modded S400s pads as well.
Alright, Thanks sf!post #4948 of 63752/21/13 at 6:10pmQuote:
Thanks for the kind words Ds!
No problem meng, i got them pads on bookmark.post #4949 of 63752/21/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
Damn straight. When sf gets delinquent in his s500 duties (korean hiphop/rap will do that to him lol), I track him down and get his butt back here!post #4950 of 63752/21/13 at 6:55pmQuote:
Yesar Masta' WAYNE, your wish is my command.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › JVC HA-FX40 | Believe the hype! 1 second ago
- › Quadlon QX50 - Metal housing, dual driver, detechable cable for 39... 6 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › Review: SoundMAGIC HP200 - An Excellent Open Back Headphone 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe