Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 326

post #4876 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

WJE hated them at first, but later became better than his beloved modded Senn 412's but sold them as he couldn't stand on ear design...


So was that streamer dood and magicman. Just burn them in for like couple of days with the loudest/ max volume and they should sound great after that. If you burn them in for like a week and they still sound sucky to your ears then you're hopeless.

post #4877 of 8117

jep, first headphones, that i did not like in the beginning and suddenly became so good, that i sold my other up to 300 dollar phones. they have something magical to me, although i would not say, that they are technically better than lets say 100 dollar phones, they somehow hit my sweetspot.

post #4878 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

jep, first headphones, that i did not like in the beginning and suddenly became so good, that i sold my other up to 300 dollar phones. they have something magical to me, although i would not say, that they are technically better than lets say 100 dollar phones, they somehow hit my sweetspot.


Yeppp, me loves these S500s. Crazy versatile in all regards. Jack of all trades and master of ALL. beerchug.gif

post #4879 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

Being in Canada, I couldn't get it shipped directly from micca store to here. So I had it shipped to a U.S. buddy, who shipped it off to me yesterday. So I won't see it until next week sometime (probably end of the week).

 

But, I can tell you that your trance will sound absolutely awesome on it basshead.gif

 

Ah unlucky mate. I hope you get it sooner rather than later.

 

Btw, I'll be uploading my 4 hour Hard Trance set to my SoundCloud today.

 

You should check it out later, it sounds wicked on the S500s. beyersmile.png

post #4880 of 8117

Uploaded my Hard Trance set for you guys to blast into your heads with S500. basshead.gif

 

Enjoy! tongue.gif

 

https://soundcloud.com/liftedandreas/dj-lifted-andreas-pres-lkv22-hardvibes-edition-part1


Edited by Lifted Andreas - 2/16/13 at 1:29pm
post #4881 of 8117

Thanks Geko! I'm downloading it now and am going to slap it on my clip zip. Should help make the next few hours of drywall sanding at least a bit enjoyable!

post #4882 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

Thanks Geko! I'm downloading it now and am going to slap it on my clip zip. Should help make the next few hours of drywall sanding at least a bit enjoyable!

I think you will just forget that you're sanding and start waving your arms around as if you're holding glowsticks. :P
post #4883 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post

Uploaded my Hard Trance set for you guys to blast into your heads with S500. basshead.gif

 

Enjoy! tongue.gif

 

https://soundcloud.com/liftedandreas/dj-lifted-andreas-pres-lkv22-hardvibes-edition-part1


Thanks, will give it a shot, always game for a good mix.

 

.. but I don't own the S500, Will have to play it on other headphones L3000.gif 

on the ad900x's!


Edited by Carlsan - 2/16/13 at 3:13pm
post #4884 of 8117

Hey guys i havent been on this thread in a long while 

but the s500s my favorate headphones evr 

ok i heard that there were some pads for them to make them more comfetable because they do get uncomfy after 2.5 hours and i bugs me cause i dont want to stop listning to them

please help 

post #4885 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadPhoneGuy View Post

Hey guys i havent been on this thread in a long while 

but the s500s my favorate headphones evr 

ok i heard that there were some pads for them to make them more comfetable because they do get uncomfy after 2.5 hours and i bugs me cause i dont want to stop listning to them

please help 


Depends on what you want, do you still want on-ears but with more comfort while keeping the sound siggy of these S500s or do you want over ears with more soundstage with less bass/ more balanced sound. There are pads for almost all combos, so pick your poison. Tell us what you simply want outta your S500s and we'll try to provide you with the links to the pads than can alter the sound/ comfort of these S500s.

post #4886 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post


Thanks, will give it a shot, always game for a good mix.

.. but I don't own the S500, Will have to play it on other headphones L3000.gif  
on the ad900x's!

You don't own the S500s? :O
post #4887 of 8117

Hey fellow s500 lovers biggrin.gif

 

I have  the s500s with the hm5 pads, and to me the soundstage/imaging is just amazing, unlike anything I've heard.  I was wondering how the soundstage with this setup compares to the soundstage of the high end Senns, like hd5xx, hd650.  If anyone could share their thoughts and opinions on this that would be great.  

post #4888 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegster396 View Post

Hey fellow s500 lovers biggrin.gif


I have  the s500s with the hm5 pads, and to me the soundstage/imaging is just amazing, unlike anything I've heard.  I was wondering how the soundstage with this setup compares to the soundstage of the high end Senns, like hd5xx, hd650.  If anyone could share their thoughts and opinions on this that would be great.  
hd650 has way more realistic sound and imaging.
Edit: I didn't try the hm5 mod
post #4889 of 8117

i recently listened to a mahler symphony and i had the hd650. believe me, the s500 renders classical orchestra more realistic. 

post #4890 of 8117

i was listening to rock using HD650.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.