- 357 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Los Angeles California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 9/5/14 at 1:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 318post #4756 of 81172/6/13 at 3:34pmjust taping the ports isn't enough. The pads should be stuffed to balance the increased bass end.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4757 of 81172/6/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
One caveat. This little guy WILL make your poorly recorded, poorly mastered and/or low bit rate songs sound like crap. Fair warning.post #4758 of 81172/7/13 at 4:12amQuote:
I havent stuffed anything, only taped 2 vents on each side.
This way I can use EQ2 on my FiiO E11 and have reached the sound I want.
Saying that though, I think I'l be getting the C&C BH amp soon anyways.post #4759 of 81172/7/13 at 4:17ampost #4760 of 81172/7/13 at 4:24amQuote:
1.) Stretch out a cotton ball and stuff the stock pad with it.
2.) Next, stuff the stock pad a small layer of paper towel or toilet paper. Make sure none of the openings on the driver are covered. Also, make sure it is stuffed somewhat tight.
See if this helps :Ppost #4761 of 81172/7/13 at 9:48amQuote:
I realized I replied to the wrong person. Sorry about that!
Edited by 1ofamillion - 2/7/13 at 9:52ampost #4762 of 81172/7/13 at 3:19pm
I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?post #4763 of 81172/7/13 at 3:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kiel36287
I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?
You got it backwards. The HA-S400 (White) have the smaller 30mm drivers. The HA-S500 ( Gun Metal) has the 40mm drivers.post #4764 of 81172/7/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
Was gonna say lol
White S500s? Why didint I hear about them before hahapost #4765 of 81172/7/13 at 10:44pmQuote:post #4766 of 81172/7/13 at 10:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by kiel36287
Those ads are incorrect.post #4767 of 81172/7/13 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #4768 of 81172/8/13 at 5:21am
So the white 400 is no doubt 30mm, but like the link I posted, is that a pic of the white 500 on an ad for the 400? I'm so confused!
I want to order the white jvc's with 40mm drivers. I can only assume that the ones pictured in my link are the 500's as they are the same design as the non white 500's.post #4769 of 81172/8/13 at 5:24amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AKG 701, perfect condition 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 17 seconds ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 45 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 51 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 MK2 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for earbuds that don't get too loud 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)