- 315 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Los Angeles California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 318post #4756 of 77912/6/13 at 3:34pmjust taping the ports isn't enough. The pads should be stuffed to balance the increased bass end.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4757 of 77912/6/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
One caveat. This little guy WILL make your poorly recorded, poorly mastered and/or low bit rate songs sound like crap. Fair warning.post #4758 of 77912/7/13 at 4:12amQuote:
I havent stuffed anything, only taped 2 vents on each side.
This way I can use EQ2 on my FiiO E11 and have reached the sound I want.
Saying that though, I think I'l be getting the C&C BH amp soon anyways.post #4759 of 77912/7/13 at 4:17ampost #4760 of 77912/7/13 at 4:24amQuote:
1.) Stretch out a cotton ball and stuff the stock pad with it.
2.) Next, stuff the stock pad a small layer of paper towel or toilet paper. Make sure none of the openings on the driver are covered. Also, make sure it is stuffed somewhat tight.
See if this helps :Ppost #4761 of 77912/7/13 at 9:48amQuote:
I realized I replied to the wrong person. Sorry about that!
Edited by 1ofamillion - 2/7/13 at 9:52ampost #4762 of 77912/7/13 at 3:19pm
I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?post #4763 of 77912/7/13 at 3:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kiel36287
I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?
You got it backwards. The HA-S400 (White) have the smaller 30mm drivers. The HA-S500 ( Gun Metal) has the 40mm drivers.post #4764 of 77912/7/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
Was gonna say lol
White S500s? Why didint I hear about them before hahapost #4765 of 77912/7/13 at 10:44pmQuote:post #4766 of 77912/7/13 at 10:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by kiel36287
Those ads are incorrect.post #4767 of 77912/7/13 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #4768 of 77912/8/13 at 5:21am
So the white 400 is no doubt 30mm, but like the link I posted, is that a pic of the white 500 on an ad for the 400? I'm so confused!
I want to order the white jvc's with 40mm drivers. I can only assume that the ones pictured in my link are the 500's as they are the same design as the non white 500's.post #4769 of 77912/8/13 at 5:24amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Wearing IEMs in your nose? 10 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Headphone Stand (Black) 1 minute ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Which company makes the best car speakers? 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi