- 358 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Los Angeles California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 1/23/15 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 318post #4756 of 81962/6/13 at 3:34pmjust taping the ports isn't enough. The pads should be stuffed to balance the increased bass end.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4757 of 81962/6/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
One caveat. This little guy WILL make your poorly recorded, poorly mastered and/or low bit rate songs sound like crap. Fair warning.post #4758 of 81962/7/13 at 4:12amQuote:
I havent stuffed anything, only taped 2 vents on each side.
This way I can use EQ2 on my FiiO E11 and have reached the sound I want.
Saying that though, I think I'l be getting the C&C BH amp soon anyways.post #4759 of 81962/7/13 at 4:17ampost #4760 of 81962/7/13 at 4:24amQuote:
1.) Stretch out a cotton ball and stuff the stock pad with it.
2.) Next, stuff the stock pad a small layer of paper towel or toilet paper. Make sure none of the openings on the driver are covered. Also, make sure it is stuffed somewhat tight.
See if this helps :Ppost #4761 of 81962/7/13 at 9:48amQuote:
I realized I replied to the wrong person. Sorry about that!
Edited by 1ofamillion - 2/7/13 at 9:52ampost #4762 of 81962/7/13 at 3:19pm
I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?post #4763 of 81962/7/13 at 3:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kiel36287
I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?
You got it backwards. The HA-S400 (White) have the smaller 30mm drivers. The HA-S500 ( Gun Metal) has the 40mm drivers.post #4764 of 81962/7/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
Was gonna say lol
White S500s? Why didint I hear about them before hahapost #4765 of 81962/7/13 at 10:44pmQuote:post #4766 of 81962/7/13 at 10:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by kiel36287
Those ads are incorrect.post #4767 of 81962/7/13 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #4768 of 81962/8/13 at 5:21am
So the white 400 is no doubt 30mm, but like the link I posted, is that a pic of the white 500 on an ad for the 400? I'm so confused!
I want to order the white jvc's with 40mm drivers. I can only assume that the ones pictured in my link are the 500's as they are the same design as the non white 500's.post #4769 of 81962/8/13 at 5:24amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA7 vs. Schiit LYR 1 minute ago
- › TAKET H2+ (version 2 or 3) and amp which can drive it. 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Sony CD3000 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 5 minutes ago
- › DAC/Amp ELI5, also what to get with my DT 990's, 250 ohms? 5 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 7 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3