- 348 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Los Angeles California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 318post #4756 of 80922/6/13 at 3:34pmjust taping the ports isn't enough. The pads should be stuffed to balance the increased bass end.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4757 of 80922/6/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
One caveat. This little guy WILL make your poorly recorded, poorly mastered and/or low bit rate songs sound like crap. Fair warning.post #4758 of 80922/7/13 at 4:12amQuote:
I havent stuffed anything, only taped 2 vents on each side.
This way I can use EQ2 on my FiiO E11 and have reached the sound I want.
Saying that though, I think I'l be getting the C&C BH amp soon anyways.post #4759 of 80922/7/13 at 4:17ampost #4760 of 80922/7/13 at 4:24amQuote:
1.) Stretch out a cotton ball and stuff the stock pad with it.
2.) Next, stuff the stock pad a small layer of paper towel or toilet paper. Make sure none of the openings on the driver are covered. Also, make sure it is stuffed somewhat tight.
See if this helps :Ppost #4761 of 80922/7/13 at 9:48amQuote:
I realized I replied to the wrong person. Sorry about that!
Edited by 1ofamillion - 2/7/13 at 9:52ampost #4762 of 80922/7/13 at 3:19pm
I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?post #4763 of 80922/7/13 at 3:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kiel36287
I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?
You got it backwards. The HA-S400 (White) have the smaller 30mm drivers. The HA-S500 ( Gun Metal) has the 40mm drivers.post #4764 of 80922/7/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
Was gonna say lol
White S500s? Why didint I hear about them before hahapost #4765 of 80922/7/13 at 10:44pmQuote:post #4766 of 80922/7/13 at 10:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by kiel36287
Those ads are incorrect.post #4767 of 80922/7/13 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #4768 of 80922/8/13 at 5:21am
So the white 400 is no doubt 30mm, but like the link I posted, is that a pic of the white 500 on an ad for the 400? I'm so confused!
I want to order the white jvc's with 40mm drivers. I can only assume that the ones pictured in my link are the 500's as they are the same design as the non white 500's.post #4769 of 80922/8/13 at 5:24amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 10 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 18 seconds ago
- › What IEM does $550 get me? 1 minute ago
- › Open sourcing the X5 firmware 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-06-30) 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)