- 358 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Los Angeles California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Today at 7:08 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 318post #4756 of 81482/6/13 at 3:34pmjust taping the ports isn't enough. The pads should be stuffed to balance the increased bass end.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4757 of 81482/6/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
One caveat. This little guy WILL make your poorly recorded, poorly mastered and/or low bit rate songs sound like crap. Fair warning.post #4758 of 81482/7/13 at 4:12amQuote:
I havent stuffed anything, only taped 2 vents on each side.
This way I can use EQ2 on my FiiO E11 and have reached the sound I want.
Saying that though, I think I'l be getting the C&C BH amp soon anyways.post #4759 of 81482/7/13 at 4:17ampost #4760 of 81482/7/13 at 4:24amQuote:
1.) Stretch out a cotton ball and stuff the stock pad with it.
2.) Next, stuff the stock pad a small layer of paper towel or toilet paper. Make sure none of the openings on the driver are covered. Also, make sure it is stuffed somewhat tight.
See if this helps :Ppost #4761 of 81482/7/13 at 9:48amQuote:
I realized I replied to the wrong person. Sorry about that!
Edited by 1ofamillion - 2/7/13 at 9:52ampost #4762 of 81482/7/13 at 3:19pm
I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?post #4763 of 81482/7/13 at 3:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kiel36287
I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?
You got it backwards. The HA-S400 (White) have the smaller 30mm drivers. The HA-S500 ( Gun Metal) has the 40mm drivers.post #4764 of 81482/7/13 at 3:43pmQuote:
Was gonna say lol
White S500s? Why didint I hear about them before hahapost #4765 of 81482/7/13 at 10:44pmQuote:post #4766 of 81482/7/13 at 10:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by kiel36287
Those ads are incorrect.post #4767 of 81482/7/13 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #4768 of 81482/8/13 at 5:21am
So the white 400 is no doubt 30mm, but like the link I posted, is that a pic of the white 500 on an ad for the 400? I'm so confused!
I want to order the white jvc's with 40mm drivers. I can only assume that the ones pictured in my link are the 500's as they are the same design as the non white 500's.post #4769 of 81482/8/13 at 5:24amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 27 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two... 35 seconds ago
- › Portable Mini-to-Mini Cables Quick Impressions 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 (First post last... 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Is it illegal to wear underwear in public? 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 3 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)