Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 303

post #4531 of 8117

Good stuff, all the way around.  Thanks guys!

post #4532 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Oh and speaking of doc, where he been of late. Guess too busy playing in the big leagues and forgot about us here in the little leagues. :  (

 

His split personality more impovershed alter-ego still hangs out here...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

Also Jonny you can't take that docs' opinions that seriously, he jumped ship for those damn Philips Uptowns. LMAO tongue_smile.gif

 

Uptowns can work for all of your personalities :)

post #4533 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

His split personality more impovershed alter-ego still hangs out here...

 

 

Uptowns can work for all of your personalities :)

LoL, so i didn't know what that meant and looked it up. 1st definition = LMAO.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=impovershed

 

Oh man don't tell me docs' other alias is CRAZY RICKY BOI!!! ahahahahahaha

 

Man why is everyone doing a "miow" these days. Now we need to find out who the other doc is??? The witch hunt is on!


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/19/13 at 12:29pm
post #4534 of 8117
Well, I meant me (you know, I also have uptowns), but in the spirit of miow, there could be others lol !
Edited by waynes world - 1/19/13 at 12:36pm
post #4535 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

Well, I meant me (you know, I have uptowns as well), but in the spirit of miow, there could be others as well lol !


oh, LoL. damn it thought i was on to something. biggrin.gif Sorry folks the witch hunt is called off! WAYNE you party pooper. LoL

post #4536 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

 

@ericp

YA MON!!! We bass lovers can rejoice due to that tape bass ports mod. Know i know i can trust your impressions more than Ds' now cuz you love to hear these S500s exactly how i love to hear them DAT LUSH CNT BASS!  I want mo' BASS. LoL

 

Try stuffing the stock pads with some paper towels or cotton/ or a mix of both, you might like these S500s even more. wink_face.gif

 

 

LOL.. Well we all know that Ds is....Well, hmmm?? He's just >>> NUTS!! 

lolfloatsmile.png

post #4537 of 8117

I'll have to admit, I had seriously considered the UE-6000s from Logitech.  At the time, I was looking for something to replace the AKG K167 Tiesto that I had returned and was seeking something in the $200 range.  However, when I got to the part about them requiring batteries, I stopped reading and lost interest.  If a pair of headphones needs batteries to do its magic, then I'm not interested. wink_face.gif

post #4538 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

I'll have to admit, I had seriously considered the UE-6000s from Logitech.  At the time, I was looking for something to replace the AKG K167 Tiesto that I had returned and was seeking something in the $200 range.  However, when I got to the part about them requiring batteries, I stopped reading and lost interest.  If a pair of headphones needs batteries to do its magic, then I'm not interested. wink_face.gif

The UE6000 don't require batteries, it'll work without batteries. 

Right now I'm trying to decide which one to keep, the UE6000 or the Philips Fidelio L1.


Edited by RoMee - 1/19/13 at 1:48pm
post #4539 of 8117

Hey guys I need some advice on amping the s500's. I ordered 3 pairs, which I received like 2 weeks ago, sold 1 pair to my colleague on holding on to one pair myself for dear life! LOVE them! Now I'm thinking about giving the last pair as a present to my sisters boyfriend. He knows I'm kinda into headphones, so when I went home over the holidays he asked me "what you think about them Beats by Dre?". I know right! So now, I want to give him a proper pair, but since he's kind of a basshead (like me) I was thinking about throwing in an amp, eg the ZO2 or a Fiio E11, just so if one of hes friends eventually show up with a pair of Beats, he can positively "beat" them when it comes to DAT bass :) Any suggestions?

post #4540 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post

Hey guys I need some advice on amping the s500's. I ordered 3 pairs, which I received like 2 weeks ago, sold 1 pair to my colleague on holding on to one pair myself for dear life! LOVE them! Now I'm thinking about giving the last pair as a present to my sisters boyfriend. He knows I'm kinda into headphones, so when I went home over the holidays he asked me "what you think about them Beats by Dre?". I know right! So now, I want to give him a proper pair, but since he's kind of a basshead (like me) I was thinking about throwing in an amp, eg the ZO2 or a Fiio E11, just so if one of hes friends eventually show up with a pair of Beats, he can positively "beat" them when it comes to DAT bass smily_headphones1.gif Any suggestions?
If you're not set on getting an amp already I've found that you can get a TON of bass by eq alone. I can get an intense er massage when listening to dub step with my custom Techno eq.
post #4541 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post


If you're not set on getting an amp already I've found that you can get a TON of bass by eq alone. I can get an intense er massage when listening to dub step with my custom Techno eq.



He has an iPhone 4(S?). Will on-board EQ suffice? I boycott Apple products myself so haven't tried!

post #4542 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post



He has an iPhone 4(S?). Will on-board EQ suffice? I boycott Apple products myself so haven't tried!

Amen to that. beerchug.gif Thank god i only fell to their ipod classic cuz i needed massive storage.

post #4543 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

The UE6000 don't require batteries, it'll work without batteries.

 

 

Oh, OK, that's nice to know.  I'm assuming the batteries are more for the noise cancelling feature, as opposed to adding bass?

 

With regards to the HA-S500 headphones, I've found that the EQ that I'm using in WinAmp, can work well when one takes the 6kHz frequency, and drops it down a bit with the EQ setting.  This essentially removes any "sizzle" that many have talked about with the S500 headphones.  I just finished a major Johnny Lang (Live at the Rhyman) jam session and the HA-S500 is just lovely.  I can say for certain, I'll be returning my AKG K67 (on-ear) Tiesto headphones back to the Guitar Center.  The AKG just can't keep up in the bass department like the JVC can.  For $100, I'd rather opt for two additional pair of the HA-500 headphones, so I could leave one for reserve, and keep a pair at work.

 

Also,on the DAC front, I've used the ELE DAC for several hours, and it really does quite well.  However, today, I did receive the Muse mini-DAC with the Burr-Brown PCM2704 chip in it.  Given the fact that the Muse is only about $12.00 more than the ELE, I'll have to say that the Muse is a very, very good sounding DAC.  Now, my Schiit Modi DAC is getting a bit lonely as it's not getting a lot of attention while I put the ELE DAC and the Muse through the paces. 

post #4544 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post



He has an iPhone 4(S?). Will on-board EQ suffice? I boycott Apple products myself so haven't tried!

There are various EQ apps he could try that work wonders.

post #4545 of 8117

Does the Muse have USB in or just S/PDIF? Is this it?

 

http://www.amazon.com/Converter-Decoder-PCM2704-Black-Cable/dp/B008YD36J2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2

 

 

 

 

Edit: D'oh! Sorry, stupid question. A little too much ETOH this evening. blink.gif


Edited by shockdoc - 1/19/13 at 6:27pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.