Good stuff, all the way around. Thanks guys!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 3/3/14 at 8:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 303post #4531 of 80051/19/13 at 12:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4532 of 80051/19/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
His split personality more impovershed alter-ego still hangs out here...Quote:
Uptowns can work for all of your personalities :)post #4533 of 80051/19/13 at 12:27pmQuote:
LoL, so i didn't know what that meant and looked it up. 1st definition = LMAO.
Oh man don't tell me docs' other alias is CRAZY RICKY BOI!!! ahahahahahaha
Man why is everyone doing a "miow" these days. Now we need to find out who the other doc is??? The witch hunt is on!
Edited by sfwalcer - 1/19/13 at 12:29pmpost #4534 of 80051/19/13 at 12:34pmpost #4535 of 80051/19/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
oh, LoL. damn it thought i was on to something. Sorry folks the witch hunt is called off! WAYNE you party pooper. LoLpost #4536 of 80051/19/13 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
YA MON!!! We bass lovers can rejoice due to that tape bass ports mod. Know i know i can trust your impressions more than Ds' now cuz you love to hear these S500s exactly how i love to hear them DAT LUSH CNT BASS! I want mo' BASS. LoL
Try stuffing the stock pads with some paper towels or cotton/ or a mix of both, you might like these S500s even more.
LOL.. Well we all know that Ds is....Well, hmmm?? He's just >>> NUTS!!
lolpost #4537 of 80051/19/13 at 1:36pm
I'll have to admit, I had seriously considered the UE-6000s from Logitech. At the time, I was looking for something to replace the AKG K167 Tiesto that I had returned and was seeking something in the $200 range. However, when I got to the part about them requiring batteries, I stopped reading and lost interest. If a pair of headphones needs batteries to do its magic, then I'm not interested.post #4538 of 80051/19/13 at 1:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by wje
I'll have to admit, I had seriously considered the UE-6000s from Logitech. At the time, I was looking for something to replace the AKG K167 Tiesto that I had returned and was seeking something in the $200 range. However, when I got to the part about them requiring batteries, I stopped reading and lost interest. If a pair of headphones needs batteries to do its magic, then I'm not interested.
The UE6000 don't require batteries, it'll work without batteries.
Right now I'm trying to decide which one to keep, the UE6000 or the Philips Fidelio L1.
Edited by RoMee - 1/19/13 at 1:48pmpost #4539 of 80051/19/13 at 2:44pm
Hey guys I need some advice on amping the s500's. I ordered 3 pairs, which I received like 2 weeks ago, sold 1 pair to my colleague on holding on to one pair myself for dear life! LOVE them! Now I'm thinking about giving the last pair as a present to my sisters boyfriend. He knows I'm kinda into headphones, so when I went home over the holidays he asked me "what you think about them Beats by Dre?". I know right! So now, I want to give him a proper pair, but since he's kind of a basshead (like me) I was thinking about throwing in an amp, eg the ZO2 or a Fiio E11, just so if one of hes friends eventually show up with a pair of Beats, he can positively "beat" them when it comes to DAT bass :) Any suggestions?post #4540 of 80051/19/13 at 2:48pmQuote:If you're not set on getting an amp already I've found that you can get a TON of bass by eq alone. I can get an intense er massage when listening to dub step with my custom Techno eq.Originally Posted by esmBOS
Hey guys I need some advice on amping the s500's. I ordered 3 pairs, which I received like 2 weeks ago, sold 1 pair to my colleague on holding on to one pair myself for dear life! LOVE them! Now I'm thinking about giving the last pair as a present to my sisters boyfriend. He knows I'm kinda into headphones, so when I went home over the holidays he asked me "what you think about them Beats by Dre?". I know right! So now, I want to give him a proper pair, but since he's kind of a basshead (like me) I was thinking about throwing in an amp, eg the ZO2 or a Fiio E11, just so if one of hes friends eventually show up with a pair of Beats, he can positively "beat" them when it comes to DAT bass Any suggestions?post #4541 of 80051/19/13 at 2:51pmQuote:
He has an iPhone 4(S?). Will on-board EQ suffice? I boycott Apple products myself so haven't tried!post #4542 of 80051/19/13 at 3:07pmQuote:
Amen to that. Thank god i only fell to their ipod classic cuz i needed massive storage.post #4543 of 80051/19/13 at 3:58pm
Oh, OK, that's nice to know. I'm assuming the batteries are more for the noise cancelling feature, as opposed to adding bass?
With regards to the HA-S500 headphones, I've found that the EQ that I'm using in WinAmp, can work well when one takes the 6kHz frequency, and drops it down a bit with the EQ setting. This essentially removes any "sizzle" that many have talked about with the S500 headphones. I just finished a major Johnny Lang (Live at the Rhyman) jam session and the HA-S500 is just lovely. I can say for certain, I'll be returning my AKG K67 (on-ear) Tiesto headphones back to the Guitar Center. The AKG just can't keep up in the bass department like the JVC can. For $100, I'd rather opt for two additional pair of the HA-500 headphones, so I could leave one for reserve, and keep a pair at work.
Also,on the DAC front, I've used the ELE DAC for several hours, and it really does quite well. However, today, I did receive the Muse mini-DAC with the Burr-Brown PCM2704 chip in it. Given the fact that the Muse is only about $12.00 more than the ELE, I'll have to say that the Muse is a very, very good sounding DAC. Now, my Schiit Modi DAC is getting a bit lonely as it's not getting a lot of attention while I put the ELE DAC and the Muse through the paces.post #4544 of 80051/19/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
There are various EQ apps he could try that work wonders.post #4545 of 80051/19/13 at 6:23pm
Does the Muse have USB in or just S/PDIF? Is this it?
Edit: D'oh! Sorry, stupid question. A little too much ETOH this evening.
Edited by shockdoc - 1/19/13 at 6:27pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 3 seconds ago
- › Howdens Kitchens Prices 6 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennhesier IE80 and HD 600- Pictures added 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › FS - Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2 2 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 2 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 + Cardas Cable / AKG 702 + Aftermarket cable 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude