Good stuff, all the way around. Thanks guys!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 1/23/15 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 303post #4531 of 81961/19/13 at 12:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4532 of 81961/19/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
His split personality more impovershed alter-ego still hangs out here...Quote:
Uptowns can work for all of your personalities :)post #4533 of 81961/19/13 at 12:27pmQuote:
LoL, so i didn't know what that meant and looked it up. 1st definition = LMAO.
Oh man don't tell me docs' other alias is CRAZY RICKY BOI!!! ahahahahahaha
Man why is everyone doing a "miow" these days. Now we need to find out who the other doc is??? The witch hunt is on!
Edited by sfwalcer - 1/19/13 at 12:29pmpost #4534 of 81961/19/13 at 12:34pmpost #4535 of 81961/19/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
oh, LoL. damn it thought i was on to something. Sorry folks the witch hunt is called off! WAYNE you party pooper. LoLpost #4536 of 81961/19/13 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
YA MON!!! We bass lovers can rejoice due to that tape bass ports mod. Know i know i can trust your impressions more than Ds' now cuz you love to hear these S500s exactly how i love to hear them DAT LUSH CNT BASS! I want mo' BASS. LoL
Try stuffing the stock pads with some paper towels or cotton/ or a mix of both, you might like these S500s even more.
LOL.. Well we all know that Ds is....Well, hmmm?? He's just >>> NUTS!!
lolpost #4537 of 81961/19/13 at 1:36pm
I'll have to admit, I had seriously considered the UE-6000s from Logitech. At the time, I was looking for something to replace the AKG K167 Tiesto that I had returned and was seeking something in the $200 range. However, when I got to the part about them requiring batteries, I stopped reading and lost interest. If a pair of headphones needs batteries to do its magic, then I'm not interested.post #4538 of 81961/19/13 at 1:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by wje
I'll have to admit, I had seriously considered the UE-6000s from Logitech. At the time, I was looking for something to replace the AKG K167 Tiesto that I had returned and was seeking something in the $200 range. However, when I got to the part about them requiring batteries, I stopped reading and lost interest. If a pair of headphones needs batteries to do its magic, then I'm not interested.
The UE6000 don't require batteries, it'll work without batteries.
Right now I'm trying to decide which one to keep, the UE6000 or the Philips Fidelio L1.
Edited by RoMee - 1/19/13 at 1:48pmpost #4539 of 81961/19/13 at 2:44pm
Hey guys I need some advice on amping the s500's. I ordered 3 pairs, which I received like 2 weeks ago, sold 1 pair to my colleague on holding on to one pair myself for dear life! LOVE them! Now I'm thinking about giving the last pair as a present to my sisters boyfriend. He knows I'm kinda into headphones, so when I went home over the holidays he asked me "what you think about them Beats by Dre?". I know right! So now, I want to give him a proper pair, but since he's kind of a basshead (like me) I was thinking about throwing in an amp, eg the ZO2 or a Fiio E11, just so if one of hes friends eventually show up with a pair of Beats, he can positively "beat" them when it comes to DAT bass :) Any suggestions?post #4540 of 81961/19/13 at 2:48pmQuote:If you're not set on getting an amp already I've found that you can get a TON of bass by eq alone. I can get an intense er massage when listening to dub step with my custom Techno eq.Originally Posted by esmBOS
Hey guys I need some advice on amping the s500's. I ordered 3 pairs, which I received like 2 weeks ago, sold 1 pair to my colleague on holding on to one pair myself for dear life! LOVE them! Now I'm thinking about giving the last pair as a present to my sisters boyfriend. He knows I'm kinda into headphones, so when I went home over the holidays he asked me "what you think about them Beats by Dre?". I know right! So now, I want to give him a proper pair, but since he's kind of a basshead (like me) I was thinking about throwing in an amp, eg the ZO2 or a Fiio E11, just so if one of hes friends eventually show up with a pair of Beats, he can positively "beat" them when it comes to DAT bass Any suggestions?post #4541 of 81961/19/13 at 2:51pmQuote:
He has an iPhone 4(S?). Will on-board EQ suffice? I boycott Apple products myself so haven't tried!post #4542 of 81961/19/13 at 3:07pmQuote:
Amen to that. Thank god i only fell to their ipod classic cuz i needed massive storage.post #4543 of 81961/19/13 at 3:58pm
Oh, OK, that's nice to know. I'm assuming the batteries are more for the noise cancelling feature, as opposed to adding bass?
With regards to the HA-S500 headphones, I've found that the EQ that I'm using in WinAmp, can work well when one takes the 6kHz frequency, and drops it down a bit with the EQ setting. This essentially removes any "sizzle" that many have talked about with the S500 headphones. I just finished a major Johnny Lang (Live at the Rhyman) jam session and the HA-S500 is just lovely. I can say for certain, I'll be returning my AKG K67 (on-ear) Tiesto headphones back to the Guitar Center. The AKG just can't keep up in the bass department like the JVC can. For $100, I'd rather opt for two additional pair of the HA-500 headphones, so I could leave one for reserve, and keep a pair at work.
Also,on the DAC front, I've used the ELE DAC for several hours, and it really does quite well. However, today, I did receive the Muse mini-DAC with the Burr-Brown PCM2704 chip in it. Given the fact that the Muse is only about $12.00 more than the ELE, I'll have to say that the Muse is a very, very good sounding DAC. Now, my Schiit Modi DAC is getting a bit lonely as it's not getting a lot of attention while I put the ELE DAC and the Muse through the paces.post #4544 of 81961/19/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
There are various EQ apps he could try that work wonders.post #4545 of 81961/19/13 at 6:23pm
Does the Muse have USB in or just S/PDIF? Is this it?
Edit: D'oh! Sorry, stupid question. A little too much ETOH this evening.
Edited by shockdoc - 1/19/13 at 6:27pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › M4p troubles 14 seconds ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 16 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 51 seconds ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Ac adaptor for Minidisc Sony R70 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3