Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 282

post #4216 of 8096
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

What solutions are there though for carrying it around? I wear my SGS2 in a belt holster. I don't think that would really be possible with the Note 2. How does anyone carry it around I wonder?

I just put it in my pocket. It fits my jean pockets too.

post #4217 of 8096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post

I just put it in my pocket. It fits my jean pockets too.

Pics or it didn't happen!

post #4218 of 8096

Guys, how is the isolation on the S400? I.E bus and school


Edited by TheJesusGuy - 1/9/13 at 1:39pm
post #4219 of 8096

I'm with Maxx. Who wants to try this mod on their 500's? Looks super easy to do. Duct tape it cheap. I was going to do it on my wife's 400's but she caught me opening them and got mad and told me to screw around with my own damned headphones (she loves her S400's). But I'm totally going to do it without telling her the next time she leaves the house to go see Les Mis with her mom. LOL

 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=112485.60

post #4220 of 8096

Isolation is fair. Not as good as IEM's or a closed circumaural. But better than open cans of course.

post #4221 of 8096
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockdoc View Post

I'm with Maxx. Who wants to try this mod on their 500's? Looks super easy to do. Duct tape it cheap. I was going to do it on my wife's 400's but she caught me opening them and got mad and told me to screw around with my own damned headphones (she loves her S400's). But I'm totally going to do it without telling her the next time she leaves the house to go see Les Mis with her mom. LOL

 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=112485.60

 

The obvious nominee is sfwalcer - he gets a new set of S500's for every good new mod!

post #4222 of 8096
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy View Post

Guys, how is the isolation on the S400? I.E bus and school

 

Without the music on you can hear everything wearing these S500s, so it's perfect when you need to talk/ listen to others with them on. But once the music is on a loud volume you can't really hear what's going on around you, on buses/ on the streets. Only really loud background noises will leak in when music is on high volumes. This is my experience anyways, but with modded pads over the stock on-ear one so..........take this with a grain of salt.

 

Oops thought you were asking about the S500s, never wore the S400s outside so forget what i said, but i assume the isolation similar.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

The obvious nominee is sfwalcer - he gets a new set of S500's for every good new mod!

 

haha don't tempt me. You know I really regret not hoarding a couple of pairs of these when I was able to get them for $47 shipped from Jpn now. If only I knew how amazing these are back then, the irony is that i paid more for a used pair from a fellow head-fier than my 1st new set. But prices are starting to slightly decrease on them so I'll wait tell they are like $50 and under to get another set.

 

I have two great sounding sets of S500s to hold me over and have another pair of S400s around so i am a happy camper. I might try that mod, but why would i want my S400s to sound similar to my S500s??? I might mod them just for the heck of it though. As of now my S500s are getting all the love so it might be a little while before i mess with my S400s. ha


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/9/13 at 3:47pm
post #4223 of 8096
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

 You know I really regret not hoarding a couple of pairs of these when I was able to get them for $47 shipped from Jpn now. If only I knew how amazing these are back then

Same here. I was hoping they would be good, but I had no idea how much I would love them, or how the price would jump up so much over the next couple days....lol.

post #4224 of 8096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Same here. I was hoping they would be good, but I had no idea how much I would love them, or how the price would jump up so much over the next couple days....lol.


beerchug.gif good times, we were the lucky few that got on that slickdeal but still.............................................................

copy="no"  these are too good not to hoard. LoL


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/9/13 at 4:10pm
post #4225 of 8096

Well, I went on my epic journey for rings. Fortunately a lot of plumbing and automotive types shops were all concentrated in an single industrial park area, so getting denied at 8 places in a row didn't take tooooo long (although I did get plenty of funny looks when they asked what I needed them for lol). I finally found a "hose and fitting" company, and after the obligatory funny look, the dude went into the back and produced the two preciousssss rings!

 

Currently sporting the dsnuts configuration (vents not taped, stock pads, hm5 pads). I initially left the vents taped, but the bass was a bit much for my tender ears. But untaped/stock/hm5 config sounds awesome (and oddly enough I can use this configuration through my Fiio E11 with EQ2 (bass boost) without the bass hurting the ears - but man, that's a lot of bass!).

 

If I get inspired, I'll try out the sfwalcer configuration. But for now, I'm digging it.

 

Thanks again cute for the ring idea... priceless!

beerchug.gif


Edited by waynes world - 1/9/13 at 11:08pm
post #4226 of 8096
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


beerchug.gif good times, we were the lucky few that got on that slickdeal but still.............................................................

copy="no"  these are too good not to hoard. LoL

I really like my HFI-780 and CAL! too, but the S500 get more head time.

post #4227 of 8096
Thread Starter 

Sure Wayne we all know what you use them rings for.

biggrin.gif


Edited by Dsnuts - 1/9/13 at 4:34pm
post #4228 of 8096
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

Well, I went on my epic journey for rings. Fortunately a lot of plumbing and automotive types shops were all concentrated in an single industrial park area, so getting denied at 8 places in a row didn't take tooooo long (although I did get plenty of funny looks when I asked what I needed them for lol). I finally found a "hose and fitting" company, and after the obligatory funny look, the dude went into the back and produced the two preciousssss rings!

 

Currently sporting the dsnuts configuration (vents not taped, stock pads, hm5 pads). I initially left the vents taped, but the bass was a bit much for my tender ears. But untaped/stock/hm5 config sounds awesome (and oddly enough I can use this configuration through my Fiio E11 with EQ2 (bass boost) without the bass hurting the ears - but man, that's a lot of bass!).

 

If I get inspired, I'll try out the sfwalcer configuration. But for now, I'm digging it.

 

Thanks again cute for the ring idea... priceless!

beerchug.gif


Good to finally see you got them rings WAYNE. But isn't that ring thing pretty common for plumbing or something??? Why the weird looks, maybe cuz it say "fashion o-ring bracelet" on that ebay page. They probably though you were a hipster or something. haha

 

Maybe it's cuz you got an amp or we just all hear different. I just use my ipod classic/ nano on flat setting and the bass was not enough for me. So the taped bass ports/ stuff stock pads is a must. But i guess it also depends on music player/ amp or no amp in combination with your modded S500s. All the layers of pads for sure decreased the bass end for me.


So glad to hear that you are digging this combo, so now for the million dollar question: How are those Philips Uptowns doing for you? tongue_smile.gif

post #4229 of 8096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Sure Wayne we all know what you use them rings for.

 

 

It's always good to have multi-purpose rings, that's for sure!

post #4230 of 8096

^ i wish i can un-see that Ds post, think i might need to wash my eyes out!!! confused_face.gif

 

That was probably the exact image those store people had of WAYNE when he asked them for them rings. haha

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.