Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 28

post #406 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post

My ebay order got to LA yesterday, so I expect mine in the next day or two. My Amazon order hasn't shipped yet. And no, I have no good reason for ordering a second pair when I haven't heard the first yet! :)

Same here, it should come in a day or two. I have a feeling it's coming in a day! :D we can do our impressions very soon!

post #407 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post

. My Amazon order hasn't shipped yet. 

 

Same here.

post #408 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgx78 View Post

mine just cleared the Canada customs.. should arrive in few days.
I am hoping to write an honest and objective impression soon. 

I live in camada too and I'm interested in these phones,where did you buy yours and did you have to pay extra on top of the price and shipping? Ie customs fee and what not.

Thanks smily_headphones1.gif
post #409 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post

Same here, it should come in a day or two. I have a feeling it's coming in a day! :D we can do our impressions very soon!

 

x 3... as I'm only in San Diego it should be the next day customs releases it, would be cool if that ended up being tomorrow.  

post #410 of 8148

Anyone here thinking of doing a transplant of these drivers into a different headphone?

post #411 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

Same here.

Same. It currently says they are preparing my order for shipment.

post #412 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyanman View Post


I live in camada too and I'm interested in these phones,where did you buy yours and did you have to pay extra on top of the price and shipping? Ie customs fee and what not.
Thanks smily_headphones1.gif


Ebay.

The item itself (i.e. excluding shipping) is not over 100$ so there should be no custom fees. Or at least I never had to pay extra duties when shipments are done with EMS. I'm sure Google will tell you about UPS and the likes though.

post #413 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post

Same. It currently says they are preparing my order for shipment.

All I see on my Amazon page is "Shipping Soon".....lol

post #414 of 8148

Are these really that good? How would they compare to the PX 200 II or Porta pros?
 

post #415 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

Anyone here thinking of doing a transplant of these drivers into a different headphone?

Yes. Please see my posts for detail. According to pictures and descriptions of cyloh it should not be a piece of cake - the driver is glued to the mounting plate. The safest way to do it would be to saw off the most of the circumference (plate) around the driver and then glue it to the similarly prepared plate from the intended transplant headphone cup. Precision modelling skills required, not something average head-fier is supposed to posess. This is not a beginner's project.

 

One could certainly try to use a sharp thin knife ( preferably exacto blade # 11 ) and steady firm hands to separate the driver from the plate. Since this is something definitely supposed not to be done by the end user, it could or not be actually possible. If there is any leak/spillover of the glue around the edge beetween the driver and the plate bridging to the diaphragm material itself, there is a fair chance of destroying the diaphragm. Use common sense.

 

Needles to say, any of the above voids the warranty.

post #416 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogsurviver View Post

Yes. Please see my posts for detail. According to pictures and descriptions of cyloh it should not be a piece of cake - the driver is glued to the mounting plate. The safest way to do it would be to saw off the most of the circumference (plate) around the driver and then glue it to the similarly prepared plate from the intended transplant headphone cup. Precision modelling skills required, not something average head-fier is supposed to posess. This is not a beginner's project.

 

One could certainly try to use a sharp thin knife ( preferably exacto blade # 11 ) and steady firm hands to separate the driver from the plate. Since this is something definitely supposed not to be done by the end user, it could or not be actually possible. If there is any leak/spillover of the glue around the edge beetween the driver and the plate bridging to the diaphragm material itself, there is a fair chance of destroying the diaphragm. Use common sense.

 

Needles to say, any of the above voids the warranty.


I have transferred the S500 driver into the Creative Aurvana Live! headphone body.

 

It was a crude job, taking the foster drivers out of the CAL! was very easy. The S500 was horrible though. They really glued it down tight.

 

2 hours later with blood shed, success.

post #417 of 8148

Just got them. Very good sound out of the box. Must be the carbon nanotubes. Will do some more listening and compare to my other headphones

post #418 of 8148

marlon what earphones & headphones do you own?

post #419 of 8148

ckm500, xb90ex, fa sb, mx980, L1, 33 1/3 rpm oldskool, es88, k540, re262, and some low tiers.

post #420 of 8148

I will be listening on my laptop via jdslabs c421 and standalone odac paired. Oh yeahhhhh

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.