- 253 Posts. Joined 2/2006
- Location: New York
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 10/7/14 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 252post #3766 of 812412/16/12 at 4:02pmThe HD 25's have punchier bass, but the S500's go deeper.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3767 of 812412/16/12 at 11:19pmpost #3768 of 812412/16/12 at 11:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
LoL i still don't exactly how that o-ring thing works on these HM5 pads, do you put in on the inside the ear cup area or do you use it to on the lip area of the pads to tighten the seal??? I need pics to visual it. haha C'mon someone with these mod/ combo post some pics please.
When my HM5 pads arrive i'll post some pics. I need to find some O-rings though.post #3769 of 812412/17/12 at 3:03amQuote:Quote:
Used these 2 5/8" O rings fit into the groove where the stock pads fit......http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FASHION-RUBBER-RING-O-RING-BRACELET-3-16-CS-/140600476909
They may be available at a local hardware store as well, but I have these on both of my S500 and my S400....works great for keeping the HM5 pads in place!
I also did a cable upgrade on one of my S500, yet another level of great sound.....will this never end, JVC S500/S400 most moddable HP yet!
Try using that link.post #3770 of 812412/17/12 at 3:56pmQuote:
Lol. Yeah but I was always a skullcandy person and all I had to do was ship it out and I would get credit to buy new ones. So I'm just used to the cheap build I guess. Plus I saw the mod that was made with the blue wire cover and it looks really nice!post #3772 of 812412/17/12 at 4:51pmpost #3773 of 812412/17/12 at 6:47pmpost #3774 of 812412/17/12 at 7:15pmpost #3775 of 812412/18/12 at 1:37amQuote:
What the hell did I just listen to...?post #3776 of 812412/18/12 at 2:39ampost #3777 of 812412/18/12 at 2:44ampost #3778 of 812412/18/12 at 8:34pm
I had ath pleathers on my s500 but I ordered the ESW9 pad directly from the AT parts department. I wouldn't say that the sound is much different, but the real leather pad is much more comfortable.
FYI they are available for 18 dollars a pad plus shipping. Steep, I know, but the comfort was worth it for me.post #3779 of 812412/18/12 at 10:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 16 seconds ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 21 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 55 seconds ago
- › How many of you have tinnitus? 1 minute ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 5 minutes ago
- › Damping Factor 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)