- 254 Posts. Joined 2/2006
- Location: New York
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 4/9/15 at 2:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 252post #3766 of 821212/16/12 at 4:02pmThe HD 25's have punchier bass, but the S500's go deeper.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3767 of 821212/16/12 at 11:19pmpost #3768 of 821212/16/12 at 11:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
LoL i still don't exactly how that o-ring thing works on these HM5 pads, do you put in on the inside the ear cup area or do you use it to on the lip area of the pads to tighten the seal??? I need pics to visual it. haha C'mon someone with these mod/ combo post some pics please.
When my HM5 pads arrive i'll post some pics. I need to find some O-rings though.post #3769 of 821212/17/12 at 3:03amQuote:Quote:
Used these 2 5/8" O rings fit into the groove where the stock pads fit......http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FASHION-RUBBER-RING-O-RING-BRACELET-3-16-CS-/140600476909
They may be available at a local hardware store as well, but I have these on both of my S500 and my S400....works great for keeping the HM5 pads in place!
I also did a cable upgrade on one of my S500, yet another level of great sound.....will this never end, JVC S500/S400 most moddable HP yet!
Try using that link.post #3770 of 821212/17/12 at 3:56pmQuote:
Lol. Yeah but I was always a skullcandy person and all I had to do was ship it out and I would get credit to buy new ones. So I'm just used to the cheap build I guess. Plus I saw the mod that was made with the blue wire cover and it looks really nice!post #3772 of 821212/17/12 at 4:51pmpost #3773 of 821212/17/12 at 6:47pmpost #3774 of 821212/17/12 at 7:15pmpost #3775 of 821212/18/12 at 1:37amQuote:
What the hell did I just listen to...?post #3776 of 821212/18/12 at 2:39ampost #3777 of 821212/18/12 at 2:44ampost #3778 of 821212/18/12 at 8:34pm
I had ath pleathers on my s500 but I ordered the ESW9 pad directly from the AT parts department. I wouldn't say that the sound is much different, but the real leather pad is much more comfortable.
FYI they are available for 18 dollars a pad plus shipping. Steep, I know, but the comfort was worth it for me.post #3779 of 821212/18/12 at 10:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 9 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 26 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 37 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 43 seconds ago
- › Are headsets with invisible/hidden/boomless mic rare?? 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Another take on computer speakers (2.0, 4" - 5", 160 USD) 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2