- 253 Posts. Joined 2/2006
- Location: New York
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 10/7/14 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 252post #3766 of 812412/16/12 at 4:02pmThe HD 25's have punchier bass, but the S500's go deeper.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3767 of 812412/16/12 at 11:19pmpost #3768 of 812412/16/12 at 11:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
LoL i still don't exactly how that o-ring thing works on these HM5 pads, do you put in on the inside the ear cup area or do you use it to on the lip area of the pads to tighten the seal??? I need pics to visual it. haha C'mon someone with these mod/ combo post some pics please.
When my HM5 pads arrive i'll post some pics. I need to find some O-rings though.post #3769 of 812412/17/12 at 3:03amQuote:Quote:
Used these 2 5/8" O rings fit into the groove where the stock pads fit......http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FASHION-RUBBER-RING-O-RING-BRACELET-3-16-CS-/140600476909
They may be available at a local hardware store as well, but I have these on both of my S500 and my S400....works great for keeping the HM5 pads in place!
I also did a cable upgrade on one of my S500, yet another level of great sound.....will this never end, JVC S500/S400 most moddable HP yet!
Try using that link.post #3770 of 812412/17/12 at 3:56pmQuote:
Lol. Yeah but I was always a skullcandy person and all I had to do was ship it out and I would get credit to buy new ones. So I'm just used to the cheap build I guess. Plus I saw the mod that was made with the blue wire cover and it looks really nice!post #3772 of 812412/17/12 at 4:51pmpost #3773 of 812412/17/12 at 6:47pmpost #3774 of 812412/17/12 at 7:15pmpost #3775 of 812412/18/12 at 1:37amQuote:
What the hell did I just listen to...?post #3776 of 812412/18/12 at 2:39ampost #3777 of 812412/18/12 at 2:44ampost #3778 of 812412/18/12 at 8:34pm
I had ath pleathers on my s500 but I ordered the ESW9 pad directly from the AT parts department. I wouldn't say that the sound is much different, but the real leather pad is much more comfortable.
FYI they are available for 18 dollars a pad plus shipping. Steep, I know, but the comfort was worth it for me.post #3779 of 812412/18/12 at 10:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 26 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Searching for Closed Back High Impedance Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › What pisses you off while you listening music? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)