- 253 Posts. Joined 2/2006
- Location: New York
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Yesterday at 10:06 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 252post #3766 of 814812/16/12 at 4:02pmThe HD 25's have punchier bass, but the S500's go deeper.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3767 of 814812/16/12 at 11:19pmpost #3768 of 814812/16/12 at 11:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
LoL i still don't exactly how that o-ring thing works on these HM5 pads, do you put in on the inside the ear cup area or do you use it to on the lip area of the pads to tighten the seal??? I need pics to visual it. haha C'mon someone with these mod/ combo post some pics please.
When my HM5 pads arrive i'll post some pics. I need to find some O-rings though.post #3769 of 814812/17/12 at 3:03amQuote:Quote:
Used these 2 5/8" O rings fit into the groove where the stock pads fit......http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FASHION-RUBBER-RING-O-RING-BRACELET-3-16-CS-/140600476909
They may be available at a local hardware store as well, but I have these on both of my S500 and my S400....works great for keeping the HM5 pads in place!
I also did a cable upgrade on one of my S500, yet another level of great sound.....will this never end, JVC S500/S400 most moddable HP yet!
Try using that link.post #3770 of 814812/17/12 at 3:56pmQuote:
Lol. Yeah but I was always a skullcandy person and all I had to do was ship it out and I would get credit to buy new ones. So I'm just used to the cheap build I guess. Plus I saw the mod that was made with the blue wire cover and it looks really nice!post #3772 of 814812/17/12 at 4:51pmpost #3773 of 814812/17/12 at 6:47pmpost #3774 of 814812/17/12 at 7:15pmpost #3775 of 814812/18/12 at 1:37amQuote:
What the hell did I just listen to...?post #3776 of 814812/18/12 at 2:39ampost #3777 of 814812/18/12 at 2:44ampost #3778 of 814812/18/12 at 8:34pm
I had ath pleathers on my s500 but I ordered the ESW9 pad directly from the AT parts department. I wouldn't say that the sound is much different, but the real leather pad is much more comfortable.
FYI they are available for 18 dollars a pad plus shipping. Steep, I know, but the comfort was worth it for me.post #3779 of 814812/18/12 at 10:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D5000 Good Condition 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)