Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 245

post #3661 of 8123
You guys seem to love trance. I'm more of a house/hardstyle kinda EDM'er I like the build up, bigger drops, and the harder beats. Trance is too "trancey" for me?
I've been jamming out to this quite a bit lately. It drops at 2:30 and I go into dance mode instantly =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6I25iZsX0I
post #3662 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonda61 View Post

You guys seem to love trance. I'm more of a house/hardstyle kinda EDM'er I like the build up, bigger drops, and the harder beats. Trance is too "trancey" for me?
I've been jamming out to this quite a bit lately. It drops at 2:30 and I go into dance mode instantly =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6I25iZsX0I

 

What is the kbps of youtube videos? I was told that changing the quality on a youtube video doesn't improve the audio quality. As a result, I usually try to find the same song on soundcloud or mixcloud, because they are both apparently at 320kbps (although I don't really know that for a fact either). In that spirit, here is a soundcloud version:

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Laidback%20Luke%20%26%20Angger%20Dimas%20feat.%20Polina%20-%20Night%20Like%20This%20%28Dyro%20Remix%29

 

Anyway, sounds very good to me on the S500's. Thanks for posting that.

post #3663 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Damn. Wait till you guys hear your HA-S500 with these HM5 pads.. Freaking sounds great..The best I have ever heard from the HA-S500.

 

Over the ath pleathers? And with the vents taped? If so, all I need are those damned HM5 pads lol! Well, those and that damned ele dac!

post #3664 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

What is the kbps of youtube videos? I was told that changing the quality on a youtube video doesn't improve the audio quality. As a result, I usually try to find the same song on soundcloud or mixcloud, because they are both apparently at 320kbps (although I don't really know that for a fact either). In that spirit, here is a soundcloud version:

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Laidback%20Luke%20%26%20Angger%20Dimas%20feat.%20Polina%20-%20Night%20Like%20This%20%28Dyro%20Remix%29

 

Anyway, sounds very good to me on the S500's. Thanks for posting that.

 Youtube  quality varies widely, unfortunately....I've heard that the ones in HD (720p or 1080p) have higher audio bitrates for better quality, but I don't know how true it is.

post #3665 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by glunteer View Post

awesome in s500 basshead.gif

 

https://soundcloud.com/synchronice/karmin-brokenhearted

 

Whoa - you're not kidding! Don't be shy about posting more like that dt880smile.png

 

Edit: Hey glunteer, those guys are good! Here's another really awesome track from them. Very cool:

https://soundcloud.com/synchronice/broken-record-original-mix


Edited by waynes world - 12/11/12 at 8:18pm
post #3666 of 8123

Btw, this was an interesting sermon that popped up on my S500's:

https://soundcloud.com/soundtrack-audio/my-thoughts-on-new-soundcloud

 

I'm one of those "new listening only" members, and I have been quite happy with the discovery. So, it was interesting to hear a bit of backstory and opinion about soundcloud, and the direction they are going.

post #3667 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Damn. Wait till you guys hear your HA-S500 with these HM5 pads.. Freaking sounds great..The best I have ever heard from the HA-S500.

 

What's the combo Ds??? Just with the HM5 pads or with them over another pad? Pics please if there are new discoveries.

post #3668 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

What is the kbps of youtube videos? I was told that changing the quality on a youtube video doesn't improve the audio quality. As a result, I usually try to find the same song on soundcloud or mixcloud, because they are both apparently at 320kbps (although I don't really know that for a fact either). In that spirit, here is a soundcloud version:

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Laidback%20Luke%20%26%20Angger%20Dimas%20feat.%20Polina%20-%20Night%20Like%20This%20%28Dyro%20Remix%29

 

Anyway, sounds very good to me on the S500's. Thanks for posting that.

Changing the video quality on YouTube does make a difference with audio. At 240p it's a 60kbps MP3. At 360p and 480p it's 128kbps. Anything higher and it is 192kbps. The audio is encoded with the AAC format except for 240p.

post #3669 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

What is the kbps of youtube videos? I was told that changing the quality on a youtube video doesn't improve the audio quality. As a result, I usually try to find the same song on soundcloud or mixcloud, because they are both apparently at 320kbps (although I don't really know that for a fact either). In that spirit, here is a soundcloud version:

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Laidback%20Luke%20%26%20Angger%20Dimas%20feat.%20Polina%20-%20Night%20Like%20This%20%28Dyro%20Remix%29

 

Anyway, sounds very good to me on the S500's. Thanks for posting that.

 

I'm not sure about the kbps on youtube and you're right, sometimes changing the quality doesn't change the sound quality. I only posted the youtube video because I was on youtube at the time, but the soundcloud links are usually always 320kbps so I should probably post those from now on. =D
post #3670 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

Changing the video quality on YouTube does make a difference with audio. At 240p it's a 60kbps MP3. At 360p and 480p it's 128kbps. Anything higher and it is 192kbps. The audio is encoded with the AAC format except for 240p.

 

Thanks! So that's a lot lower kbps that I had realized in the past. Soundcloud etc seems to be the way to go.

post #3671 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 Youtube  quality varies widely, unfortunately....I've heard that the ones in HD (720p or 1080p) have higher audio bitrates for better quality, but I don't know how true it is.

I was wondering about audio bitrate the other day when deciding where to put my forthcoming headphone related audio. Here you go :

 

http://www.h3xed.com/web-and-internet/youtube-audio-quality-bitrate-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p

 

http://vimeo.com/help/compression

 

The trouble with youtube is that it tends to lower the quality of any given video after so much time has passed since initially posted, regarding the number of clicks, etc, etc. The first to go are naturallly high(er) resolutions, to lower the data for understandable reason; since only 720p and up have (sort of ) decent audio, when audio SQ is important, vimeo wins, no contest. No idea/experience  how it is with vimeo in the long run, if lowering of bitrate for olde(er) videos is also present like on youtube.

 

This example of youtube victim of lowering the bitrate/SQ does not, according to the predominant vibes in this thread, belong here; it is strictly high-end territory. My jaws dropped when I first heard it in its prime; can this lump of silicone called PC REALLY SOUND THIS GOOD ? Now, at the only resolution of 240 p remaining, it is reduced  regarding SQ to a mere afterthought:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

 

You can argue with the extremes in this video, with the exhorbitant prices attached to these dream audio on-of-a-kind pieces of gear, exagerration to the n-th degree, etc, etc - but you can not argue these guys lack passion. And passion does exagerrate - the very nature of it, or else it would not be passion anymore. At about 13:00 into the video these guys start really talking about why they are driven to go that far. Musicians generally do not need audio equipment, or at least not of that elevated quality, in order to really appreciate and connect with music - consider the fact that you are getting about the same kind of satisfaction as these members of Audio Club Athens

 

http://www.aca.gr/

 

out of JVC HA-S500 - a blessing ...

 

As always, enjoy your music !


Edited by analogsurviver - 12/12/12 at 12:19am
post #3672 of 8123
You guys that are lovers of the harder sound should download this free album by Technikal.

http://www.technikal.co.uk/soldier-of-sound-album-available-now-as-free-download/

He was voted UK best Hard Trance DJ/Producer, and always puts out quality tunage. Be careful, your ears might explode from the bass in this album. biggrin.giftongue.gif
post #3673 of 8123

Tried the music linked here... sadly it seems that trance is not the thing for me (though the sound itself is indeed good with the S500). If I go the electronic route, I tend to stay on the more melodic side. Stuff like The Glitch Mob, Blackmill, Zomby, Rustie. My favorite by far is Glitch Mob. I wrote my whole master thesis listening to their "Drink the Sea" album almost exclusively wink.gif

 

Anyone here has something like this stuff? Always looking for something new to listen to biggrin.gif
 

post #3674 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post

You guys that are lovers of the harder sound should download this free album by Technikal.
http://www.technikal.co.uk/soldier-of-sound-album-available-now-as-free-download/
He was voted UK best Hard Trance DJ/Producer, and always puts out quality tunage. Be careful, your ears might explode from the bass in this album. biggrin.giftongue.gif

Downloading this now, I love trance so it should be a treat.

post #3675 of 8123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

Downloading this now, I love trance so it should be a treat.

Enjoy it mate! It's got some amazing sounds.

Also, check out my mixes at http://mixcloud.com/liftedandreas smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.