Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 203

post #3031 of 8109
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post


Still in Honeymoon with my S500..........  i have not bought any more Headphones since i got them.


Same here ;)

along with the Alessandro MS1i, other cans that is difficult to move away.
post #3032 of 8109

Okay, you guys convinced me so i just placed an order. biggrin.gif
 

post #3033 of 8109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinxat View Post

How do these compare to high end sets like HD25, DT1350, maybe V-Moda M80?
This.

On a side note, could the Bravo Audio Ocean owners report on how they sound paired with the S500? Currently I'm pairing my S500 with the Aune T1 which is a tube amp/dac. The pairing isn't really working out very well. I am using the Russian 6922 ElectroHarmonix tube. Aside from the Audio Ocean owners, any other tubeamp could post their impressions too.

I'm currently in the phase where the sugar rush is out and the honeymoon is over. I know its unfair to compare with the more expensive cans but the highs aren't great, and the whole sound is a little veiled. This is to compare with cans 2-4 times their price though so take it with a grain of salt.
post #3034 of 8109
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

This.
On a side note, could the Bravo Audio Ocean owners report on how they sound paired with the S500? Currently I'm pairing my S500 with the Aune T1 which is a tube amp/dac. The pairing isn't really working out very well. I am using the Russian 6922 ElectroHarmonix tube. Aside from the Audio Ocean owners, any other tubeamp could post their impressions too.
I'm currently in the phase where the sugar rush is out and the honeymoon is over. I know its unfair to compare with the more expensive cans but the highs aren't great, and the whole sound is a little veiled. This is to compare with cans 2-4 times their price though so take it with a grain of salt.

If you think the S500's are veiled, and the highs aren't great, maybe it is the tube amp effect. These headphones don't need amping anyway....even a Sansa Clip is enough to power them easily. I don't find them veiled in the least....

post #3035 of 8109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

This.
On a side note, could the Bravo Audio Ocean owners report on how they sound paired with the S500? Currently I'm pairing my S500 with the Aune T1 which is a tube amp/dac. The pairing isn't really working out very well. I am using the Russian 6922 ElectroHarmonix tube. Aside from the Audio Ocean owners, any other tubeamp could post their impressions too.
I'm currently in the phase where the sugar rush is out and the honeymoon is over. I know its unfair to compare with the more expensive cans but the highs aren't great, and the whole sound is a little veiled. This is to compare with cans 2-4 times their price though so take it with a grain of salt.

If you think the S500's are veiled, and the highs aren't great, maybe it is the tube amp effect. These headphones don't need amping anyway....even a Sansa Clip is enough to power them easily. I don't find them veiled in the least....

 

I don't hear anything like a veil.

 

The S500 has occasional problems with some highs, compared to the DT 990 and HD 650, but usually they're really good.

post #3036 of 8109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

If you think the S500's are veiled, and the highs aren't great, maybe it is the tube amp effect. These headphones don't need amping anyway....even a Sansa Clip is enough to power them easily. I don't find them veiled in the least....

You're probably right, and the E11 doesn't do much justice on them either.

 

One small question, how do you find the decay in the highs for the S500? Apart from them sounding detailed and separated gorgeously, they do sound a little timid to me. But the quality of the instrument and how the S500 portray them is beautiful nonetheless.

 

Or maybe I'm just not that used to the sound signature. They're kinda dark.

post #3037 of 8109
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamilcarBarca View Post

 

I don't hear anything like a veil.

 

The S500 has occasional problems with some highs, compared to the DT 990 and HD 650, but usually they're really good.

I'm glad I'm not out of my mind. Although not totally. What amp are you pairing the S500s with?

post #3038 of 8109
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

You're probably right, and the E11 doesn't do much justice on them either.

 

One small question, how do you find the decay in the highs for the S500? Apart from them sounding detailed and separated gorgeously, they do sound a little timid to me. But the quality of the instrument and how the S500 portray them is beautiful nonetheless.

 

Or maybe I'm just not that used to the sound signature. They're kinda dark.

How many hours do you have on them? I've always been a bit skeptical on burn-in having any value, but it did seem to make a difference with these headphones.

post #3039 of 8109
Sorry to beat a dead deadhorse.gif

But saw all the shipping posts on the last page.

I dont know why no matter how many times i post this on here no one seems to listen:

"Made in japan" amazon store ships express by default. It took 3 days from japan to los angeles customs with detailed step by step tracking.

Quote from their item listing
Quote:
Japanese Import - in original JVC Japan packaging. Ships immediately with EMS Japan. Usually takes 3-4 days to arrive to any US address with our regular shipping service and overnight with FedEx. « Show less
post #3040 of 8109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

Sorry to beat a dead deadhorse.gif
But saw all the shipping posts on the last page.
I dont know why no matter how many times i post this on here no one seems to listen:
"Made in japan" amazon store ships express by default. It took 3 days from japan to los angeles customs with detailed step by step tracking.
Quote from their item listing
+1 and I paid their cheapest shipping and would have had it under a week but missed my mailman and had to pick it up at the post office next day so it was 8 days including the weekend
post #3041 of 8109
How do you guys think the S500 fares against the ath-m50s?
post #3042 of 8109

Well since the m50's suck hardcore, logic tells me the s500 must be better.

post #3043 of 8109
Quote:
Originally Posted by gideonMorrison View Post

Well since the m50's suck hardcore, logic tells me the s500 must be better.

Lol that's two votes for the JVCs. How bout s500 vs. higher end stuff like hd598, Q701, K550? I know some of those are open or semi-open, but I'm curious about what league of headphones I would have to get into to get something better than the S500.
post #3044 of 8109
popcorn.gif
post #3045 of 8109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegster396 View Post


 I'm curious about what league of headphones I would have to get into to get something better than the S500.

Me too! 

popcorn.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.