Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 147

post #2191 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

I think you asked earlier if anyone else has had their rockboxed clip hang and drool. I have had that happen a few times just today while listening to some tunes. Possibly it has something against Genesis Lamb Lies Down On Broadway? Reboots were required (which thankfully is easy to do). I am using the 32GB card (filled with tunes) that I had in my Samsung Galaxy S2. Possibly I should re-format the card.

If it's an older card I would try that. i am certain at this point mine was hanging due to my 2 year old card being corrupt/damaged. Tried filling it and windows only copied 10gb before failing on a 16gb card even after low level format.

Its worth a try. UPS should be here in an hour.... counting the seconds S400 and 64gb on that truck!
post #2192 of 8117

Nice, rick was gonna ask you which pads you used but you already answered it. YEA more pad-on-pads. ha

 

Here is some interesting carbon nanotube news for you'll to digest.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/10/mit-pencils-in-carbon-nanotube-gas-sensor/

 

Seems like these CNT tech has a crazy wide amount of applications and is very versatile as well. Very interesting stuff indeed.....

post #2193 of 8117
Got the 64gb card.. As discussed windows will not format it to fat32 and still recognize it over 16gb. I had to stick it into a linux box and using the disk utility format it to FAT. Once I did that it showed up right away. Just keep it unpartitioned and do the format and it will show up as 59.4GB.

My ipad capacity is only 57GB in comparison.
ac184939_image.jpeg

So strictly for the purpose of a DMP the clip is a no brainer.

72GB Clip = 100 dollars

64GB iPod Touch = 350 dollars.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 10/10/12 at 10:12pm
post #2194 of 8117
Nice. All hail, Clip!
post #2195 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

Got the 64gb card.. As discussed windows will not format it to fat32 and still recognize it over 16gb. I had to stick it into a linux box and using the disk utility format it to FAT. Once I did that it showed up right away. Just keep it unpartitioned and do the format and it will show up as 59.4GB.
My ipad capacity is only 57GB in comparison.
 

 

Cool! Nice work :)

 

Btw, I thought that you got the Clip Zip (like me), but I didn't recognize the clip in your photo, and now I realize that you got the Clip +. In an earlier post of yours, you were saying how small and light your clip is. Well mister, mine is smaller and lighter than yours, and the girls love it lol! Yours... an obese 24.09 grams. Mine... a feathery 15.876 grams. I'm not really sure how you manage to lug around all of those extra grams! wink_face.gif

post #2196 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post


I'm not really sure how you manage to lug around all of those extra grams! wink_face.gif

muscle-arm.jpg
post #2197 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

Cool! Nice work :)

 

Btw, I thought that you got the Clip Zip (like me), but I didn't recognize the clip in your photo, and now I realize that you got the Clip +. In an earlier post of yours, you were saying how small and light your clip is. Well mister, mine is smaller and lighter than yours, and the girls love it lol! Yours... an obese 24.09 grams. Mine... a feathery 15.876 grams. I'm not really sure how you manage to lug around all of those extra grams! wink_face.gif

I don't know about the weight of them, but I really wouldn't call the Zip smaller than the Clip+.......the Zip is a little longer and wider but the Clip+ is a tad bit thicker. The first screenshot there is in original firmware, of course.

 

  

  

post #2198 of 8117

Another great test for the S500's....I am watching the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arriving_Somewhere... DVD, and it sounds fantastic!L3000.gif

post #2199 of 8117
How does the sq of the clip compare to the ipod? What about wih external amping (lod for ipod)?
post #2200 of 8117

Okay great maybe i will check them out d^_^b

post #2201 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

How does the sq of the clip compare to the ipod? What about wih external amping (lod for ipod)?

Read the post at the top of this page.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-new-jvc-ha-s500-40mm-carbon-nanotubes/2070
post #2202 of 8117

Hi guys, my first post on head-fi. Im going to hong kong in a few weeks. Im wondering whether these are available in hong kong and how much they retail for? Thanks.

post #2203 of 8117

Just got mine today, did a few frequency sweeps and they match up well with the graphs in the op.  Bass is just lovely, and it doesnt swallow up the rest of the music when it hits.  I'm literaly laughing in awe at how good these phones sound as i type this.  I do agree that upper mids seem a little far away, but they arent so recessed I miss them.  This is exactly what i was looking for in a portable; powerful, fun, easily driven by my clip+ and they look damn good plus they're affordable.  I dont bring portables along with me because so I can analyze my music. I want my portable to be almost basshead status without giving up too much so that I have fun listening to it and can share some sick electronica track with a friend.


Edited by cbinvb - 10/11/12 at 3:03pm
post #2204 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I don't know about the weight of them, but I really wouldn't call the Zip smaller than the Clip+.......the Zip is a little longer and wider but the Clip+ is a tad bit thicker. The first screenshot there is in original firmware, of course.

 

I stand corrected! Thanks for those images. So, mine is thicker than Doc's. I can live with that :)

post #2205 of 8117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanzombie View Post

Hi guys, my first post on head-fi. Im going to hong kong in a few weeks. Im wondering whether these are available in hong kong and how much they retail for? Than

 

Welcome to Headfi. I did a quick search on ebay to see if there was any Hong Kong Vendors it seems these are all being sold out of Japan. So as of now I think these are a Japan only item.

 

 

Originally Posted by cbinvb View Post

Just got mine today, did a few frequency sweeps and they match up well with the graphs in the op.  Bass is just lovely, and it doesnt swallow up the rest of the music when it hits.  I'm literaly laughing in awe at how good these phones sound as i type this.  I do agree that upper mids seem a little far away, but they arent so recessed I miss them.  This is exactly what i was looking for in a portable; powerful, fun, easily driven by my clip+ and they look damn good plus they're affordable.  I dont bring portables along with me because so I can analyze my music. I want my portable to be almost basshead status without giving up too much so that I have fun listening to it and can share some sick electronica track with a friend.

 

Ya you do this and your friend is gonna order one. lol. That is how we roll on this thread. We spread the love.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.