If these ever set foot on where I live... I'll definitely get a pair. All these reviews have.. opened my appetite.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 139post #2071 of 809210/6/12 at 10:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2072 of 809210/6/12 at 11:05pmpost #2073 of 809210/7/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc-holliday
SO Cel, I managed to get to doing some A/Bing. I first did the iPod vs the Clip. I found putting my finger on what sounds better to me about amps (or internal dap amp circuits in this case) was a lot more difficult than with cans. That being said, in simplistic summary the iPod sounded thinner and more sibilant. (both set on flat eq) I found this to be consistent with the above mentioned article.
Then I went to the ipod&E11 vs the Clip. Now this was hard. For sure the SQ was noticibly better than just the ipod out. The difference to me was the clip sounds a tad warmer than the E11. It almost seemed like attack was somehow faster with the e11.
In anycase the difference was not drastic. So to my ears i would say:
clip = ipod&e11 > ipod
Im thinking I prefered the e11 combo a tad but I prolly could have spent more time with more tracks but to me they are pretty close in any case.
The e11 does did not improve the SQ on the clip to me so I did not test with that.
That's good. So if JVC will ever release the S500 here in the US, someone can get the total media player package, Clip and headphones, for under $100. No amp neededpost #2074 of 809210/7/12 at 9:51am
What's the limit of songs you can have on a playlist using Rockbox? I've Rockboxed mine for better playlist functionality really. I know the limit on the Clip Zip stock firmware is 400 songs per playlist. Does Rockbox improve the sound quality too?post #2075 of 809210/7/12 at 10:36am
Nah, I love the HTF600s drivers in the HD668b/SR850 housing, it's a beautiful headphone that way... But I'd like to try something new. It may be an upgrade, it may be not.. I'll have to try the JVCs when I can get my hands on them.
I'll keep on reading the reviews.post #2076 of 809210/7/12 at 10:42amThread Starterpost #2077 of 809210/7/12 at 10:56ampost #2078 of 809210/7/12 at 11:22amQuote:
Don't do it yet Gee, you can duel boot back to the stock Zip firmware once it's rockboxed. Just press and hold the power button and the I<< button at the same time to power your player on, it'll boot back to stock settings. For rockbox boot just turn it on how you normally would. Well this is how it works for my rockboxed clip+ at least, not sure about the zip.post #2079 of 809210/7/12 at 11:47amQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
Don't do it yet Gee, you can duel boot back to the stock Zip firmware once it's rockboxed. Just press and hold the power button and the I<< button at the same time to power your player on, it'll boot back to stock settings. For rockbox boot just turn it on how you normally would. Well this is how it works for my rockboxed clip+ at least, not sure about the zip.
Removed it now. Didn't see the point in keeping Rockbox on my player if I won't be using it.post #2080 of 809210/7/12 at 12:01pmpost #2081 of 809210/7/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
The improvement in battery life alone is worth it to me. There are many features in it that I never use, but a lot of the complexity can be bypassed with a little familiarity. But hey, give it a shot for a little while with the stock firmware and see how you like it....you can always go back in the future if you change your mind.post #2082 of 809210/7/12 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
The improvement in battery life alone is worth it to me. There are many features in it that I never use, but a lot of the complexity can be bypassed with a little familiarity. But hey, give it a shot for a little while with the stock firmware and see how you like it....you can always go back in the future if you change your mind.
Yeah that's what I was thinking I like the look of the stock firmware too tbh and it's easy to use so I'll be using that for now.post #2083 of 809210/7/12 at 1:46pmThread Starterpost #2084 of 809210/7/12 at 8:10pm
which do you prefer?
has some better?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions 51 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › RSA Ray Samuels Audio P-51 Mustang 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for an upgrade of the CAL! 6 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 10 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 10 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 11 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)