If these ever set foot on where I live... I'll definitely get a pair. All these reviews have.. opened my appetite.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 10/7/14 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 139post #2071 of 812410/6/12 at 10:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2072 of 812410/6/12 at 11:05pmpost #2073 of 812410/7/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc-holliday
SO Cel, I managed to get to doing some A/Bing. I first did the iPod vs the Clip. I found putting my finger on what sounds better to me about amps (or internal dap amp circuits in this case) was a lot more difficult than with cans. That being said, in simplistic summary the iPod sounded thinner and more sibilant. (both set on flat eq) I found this to be consistent with the above mentioned article.
Then I went to the ipod&E11 vs the Clip. Now this was hard. For sure the SQ was noticibly better than just the ipod out. The difference to me was the clip sounds a tad warmer than the E11. It almost seemed like attack was somehow faster with the e11.
In anycase the difference was not drastic. So to my ears i would say:
clip = ipod&e11 > ipod
Im thinking I prefered the e11 combo a tad but I prolly could have spent more time with more tracks but to me they are pretty close in any case.
The e11 does did not improve the SQ on the clip to me so I did not test with that.
That's good. So if JVC will ever release the S500 here in the US, someone can get the total media player package, Clip and headphones, for under $100. No amp neededpost #2074 of 812410/7/12 at 9:51am
What's the limit of songs you can have on a playlist using Rockbox? I've Rockboxed mine for better playlist functionality really. I know the limit on the Clip Zip stock firmware is 400 songs per playlist. Does Rockbox improve the sound quality too?post #2075 of 812410/7/12 at 10:36am
Nah, I love the HTF600s drivers in the HD668b/SR850 housing, it's a beautiful headphone that way... But I'd like to try something new. It may be an upgrade, it may be not.. I'll have to try the JVCs when I can get my hands on them.
I'll keep on reading the reviews.post #2076 of 812410/7/12 at 10:42amThread Starterpost #2077 of 812410/7/12 at 10:56ampost #2078 of 812410/7/12 at 11:22amQuote:
Don't do it yet Gee, you can duel boot back to the stock Zip firmware once it's rockboxed. Just press and hold the power button and the I<< button at the same time to power your player on, it'll boot back to stock settings. For rockbox boot just turn it on how you normally would. Well this is how it works for my rockboxed clip+ at least, not sure about the zip.post #2079 of 812410/7/12 at 11:47amQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
Don't do it yet Gee, you can duel boot back to the stock Zip firmware once it's rockboxed. Just press and hold the power button and the I<< button at the same time to power your player on, it'll boot back to stock settings. For rockbox boot just turn it on how you normally would. Well this is how it works for my rockboxed clip+ at least, not sure about the zip.
Removed it now. Didn't see the point in keeping Rockbox on my player if I won't be using it.post #2080 of 812410/7/12 at 12:01pmpost #2081 of 812410/7/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
The improvement in battery life alone is worth it to me. There are many features in it that I never use, but a lot of the complexity can be bypassed with a little familiarity. But hey, give it a shot for a little while with the stock firmware and see how you like it....you can always go back in the future if you change your mind.post #2082 of 812410/7/12 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
The improvement in battery life alone is worth it to me. There are many features in it that I never use, but a lot of the complexity can be bypassed with a little familiarity. But hey, give it a shot for a little while with the stock firmware and see how you like it....you can always go back in the future if you change your mind.
Yeah that's what I was thinking I like the look of the stock firmware too tbh and it's easy to use so I'll be using that for now.post #2083 of 812410/7/12 at 1:46pmThread Starterpost #2084 of 812410/7/12 at 8:10pm
which do you prefer?
has some better?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser RS180 - Connecting 27 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 30 seconds ago
- › How many of you have tinnitus? 56 seconds ago
- › Apple Lightning Dock Adapter - Abandon all hope, all ye who enter 1 minute ago
- › Beat headphone + inbuilt MIC option? 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)