If these ever set foot on where I live... I'll definitely get a pair. All these reviews have.. opened my appetite.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for... Last post on Today at 8:50 am in Headphones (full-size)
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 5/21/13 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 4/4/13 at 5:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just got a pair of Monoprice 839 Last post on 2/4/13 at 9:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 139post #2071 of 651910/6/12 at 10:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2072 of 651910/6/12 at 11:05pmpost #2073 of 651910/7/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc-holliday
SO Cel, I managed to get to doing some A/Bing. I first did the iPod vs the Clip. I found putting my finger on what sounds better to me about amps (or internal dap amp circuits in this case) was a lot more difficult than with cans. That being said, in simplistic summary the iPod sounded thinner and more sibilant. (both set on flat eq) I found this to be consistent with the above mentioned article.
Then I went to the ipod&E11 vs the Clip. Now this was hard. For sure the SQ was noticibly better than just the ipod out. The difference to me was the clip sounds a tad warmer than the E11. It almost seemed like attack was somehow faster with the e11.
In anycase the difference was not drastic. So to my ears i would say:
clip = ipod&e11 > ipod
Im thinking I prefered the e11 combo a tad but I prolly could have spent more time with more tracks but to me they are pretty close in any case.
The e11 does did not improve the SQ on the clip to me so I did not test with that.
That's good. So if JVC will ever release the S500 here in the US, someone can get the total media player package, Clip and headphones, for under $100. No amp neededpost #2074 of 651910/7/12 at 9:51am
What's the limit of songs you can have on a playlist using Rockbox? I've Rockboxed mine for better playlist functionality really. I know the limit on the Clip Zip stock firmware is 400 songs per playlist. Does Rockbox improve the sound quality too?post #2075 of 651910/7/12 at 10:36am
Nah, I love the HTF600s drivers in the HD668b/SR850 housing, it's a beautiful headphone that way... But I'd like to try something new. It may be an upgrade, it may be not.. I'll have to try the JVCs when I can get my hands on them.
I'll keep on reading the reviews.post #2076 of 651910/7/12 at 10:42amThread Starterpost #2077 of 651910/7/12 at 10:56ampost #2078 of 651910/7/12 at 11:22amQuote:
Don't do it yet Gee, you can duel boot back to the stock Zip firmware once it's rockboxed. Just press and hold the power button and the I<< button at the same time to power your player on, it'll boot back to stock settings. For rockbox boot just turn it on how you normally would. Well this is how it works for my rockboxed clip+ at least, not sure about the zip.post #2079 of 651910/7/12 at 11:47amQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
Don't do it yet Gee, you can duel boot back to the stock Zip firmware once it's rockboxed. Just press and hold the power button and the I<< button at the same time to power your player on, it'll boot back to stock settings. For rockbox boot just turn it on how you normally would. Well this is how it works for my rockboxed clip+ at least, not sure about the zip.
Removed it now. Didn't see the point in keeping Rockbox on my player if I won't be using it.post #2080 of 651910/7/12 at 12:01pmpost #2081 of 651910/7/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
The improvement in battery life alone is worth it to me. There are many features in it that I never use, but a lot of the complexity can be bypassed with a little familiarity. But hey, give it a shot for a little while with the stock firmware and see how you like it....you can always go back in the future if you change your mind.post #2082 of 651910/7/12 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
The improvement in battery life alone is worth it to me. There are many features in it that I never use, but a lot of the complexity can be bypassed with a little familiarity. But hey, give it a shot for a little while with the stock firmware and see how you like it....you can always go back in the future if you change your mind.
Yeah that's what I was thinking I like the look of the stock firmware too tbh and it's easy to use so I'll be using that for now.post #2083 of 651910/7/12 at 1:46pmThread Starterpost #2084 of 651910/7/12 at 8:10pm
which do you prefer?
has some better?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Affordable tube amplifier 18 seconds ago
- › Is there an audible difference between HD and CD quality? 38 seconds ago
- › New dude here 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › The Gaming Deals Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe