If these ever set foot on where I live... I'll definitely get a pair. All these reviews have.. opened my appetite.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 139post #2071 of 820910/6/12 at 10:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2072 of 820910/6/12 at 11:05pmpost #2073 of 820910/7/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc-holliday
SO Cel, I managed to get to doing some A/Bing. I first did the iPod vs the Clip. I found putting my finger on what sounds better to me about amps (or internal dap amp circuits in this case) was a lot more difficult than with cans. That being said, in simplistic summary the iPod sounded thinner and more sibilant. (both set on flat eq) I found this to be consistent with the above mentioned article.
Then I went to the ipod&E11 vs the Clip. Now this was hard. For sure the SQ was noticibly better than just the ipod out. The difference to me was the clip sounds a tad warmer than the E11. It almost seemed like attack was somehow faster with the e11.
In anycase the difference was not drastic. So to my ears i would say:
clip = ipod&e11 > ipod
Im thinking I prefered the e11 combo a tad but I prolly could have spent more time with more tracks but to me they are pretty close in any case.
The e11 does did not improve the SQ on the clip to me so I did not test with that.
That's good. So if JVC will ever release the S500 here in the US, someone can get the total media player package, Clip and headphones, for under $100. No amp neededpost #2074 of 820910/7/12 at 9:51am
What's the limit of songs you can have on a playlist using Rockbox? I've Rockboxed mine for better playlist functionality really. I know the limit on the Clip Zip stock firmware is 400 songs per playlist. Does Rockbox improve the sound quality too?post #2075 of 820910/7/12 at 10:36am
Nah, I love the HTF600s drivers in the HD668b/SR850 housing, it's a beautiful headphone that way... But I'd like to try something new. It may be an upgrade, it may be not.. I'll have to try the JVCs when I can get my hands on them.
I'll keep on reading the reviews.post #2076 of 820910/7/12 at 10:42amThread Starterpost #2077 of 820910/7/12 at 10:56ampost #2078 of 820910/7/12 at 11:22amQuote:
Don't do it yet Gee, you can duel boot back to the stock Zip firmware once it's rockboxed. Just press and hold the power button and the I<< button at the same time to power your player on, it'll boot back to stock settings. For rockbox boot just turn it on how you normally would. Well this is how it works for my rockboxed clip+ at least, not sure about the zip.post #2079 of 820910/7/12 at 11:47amQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
Don't do it yet Gee, you can duel boot back to the stock Zip firmware once it's rockboxed. Just press and hold the power button and the I<< button at the same time to power your player on, it'll boot back to stock settings. For rockbox boot just turn it on how you normally would. Well this is how it works for my rockboxed clip+ at least, not sure about the zip.
Removed it now. Didn't see the point in keeping Rockbox on my player if I won't be using it.post #2080 of 820910/7/12 at 12:01pmpost #2081 of 820910/7/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
The improvement in battery life alone is worth it to me. There are many features in it that I never use, but a lot of the complexity can be bypassed with a little familiarity. But hey, give it a shot for a little while with the stock firmware and see how you like it....you can always go back in the future if you change your mind.post #2082 of 820910/7/12 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
The improvement in battery life alone is worth it to me. There are many features in it that I never use, but a lot of the complexity can be bypassed with a little familiarity. But hey, give it a shot for a little while with the stock firmware and see how you like it....you can always go back in the future if you change your mind.
Yeah that's what I was thinking I like the look of the stock firmware too tbh and it's easy to use so I'll be using that for now.post #2083 of 820910/7/12 at 1:46pmThread Starterpost #2084 of 820910/7/12 at 8:10pm
which do you prefer?
has some better?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 21 seconds ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-1000 coming 2 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 -- One of the pleasant surprises of CanJam 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The Meaning of Life 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2