nice man... so, impressions? other headphones you got to compare them?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 4/9/15 at 2:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 135post #2011 of 821210/5/12 at 9:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2012 of 821210/5/12 at 9:51amQuote:
at the moment not sure what to say, I listened for a while, but I have noticed the clarity of sound, and the crispy highs. The bass seems slightly muddy although precise and deep.
now is the time of a long period of burnin, see ya later guys ;)post #2013 of 821210/5/12 at 10:38ampost #2014 of 821210/5/12 at 10:43amQuote:
Time to rockbox that bad boi. Oh congrats you'll officially part of the 100+ headfier club. heeee
Edited by sfwalcer - 10/5/12 at 11:05ampost #2015 of 821210/5/12 at 12:01pmQuote:
What benefits does using Rockbox have?post #2016 of 821210/5/12 at 12:09pm
You get a lot more EQ settings, can tinker with other settings and some say the sound even improves with rockboxing, basically more customizable . For rockboxed ipod classics you can put lots of games, etc on it. Just makes the software more versatile and fun that's all.post #2017 of 821210/5/12 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
You get a lot more EQ settings, can tinker with other settings and some say the sound even improves with rockboxing, basically more customizable . For rockboxed ipod classics you can put lots of games, etc on it. Just makes the software more versatile and fun that's all.
Yep. You get parametric EQ and a setting to have the music crossfade over into the next song.post #2018 of 821210/5/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
Doesn't the Clip already have that feature?post #2019 of 821210/5/12 at 1:01pmQuote:
Wasn't that the *ahem* "alternative lifestyle" place in the Police Academy movie?post #2020 of 821210/5/12 at 1:10pm
I might be wrong because I rockboxed mine right away, but I think the stock Clip+ just has a regular 5 band EQ. The Clip+ PEQ is fully adjustable.post #2021 of 821210/5/12 at 1:36pmQuote:
I have the Clip Zippost #2022 of 821210/5/12 at 2:03pmpost #2023 of 821210/5/12 at 2:16pmpost #2024 of 821210/5/12 at 2:20pm
Unless i totally missed they just gave you every feature except the most important (to me).... The ability to play flac and alac. All my music is alac so stuck with ipod till i decided to try rockbox. Comes in soon.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › looking for new CIEM 3 minutes ago
- › NVX XPT100 vs Takstar Pro 80 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 4 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2