nice man... so, impressions? other headphones you got to compare them?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 135post #2011 of 820910/5/12 at 9:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2012 of 820910/5/12 at 9:51amQuote:
at the moment not sure what to say, I listened for a while, but I have noticed the clarity of sound, and the crispy highs. The bass seems slightly muddy although precise and deep.
now is the time of a long period of burnin, see ya later guys ;)post #2013 of 820910/5/12 at 10:38ampost #2014 of 820910/5/12 at 10:43amQuote:
Time to rockbox that bad boi. Oh congrats you'll officially part of the 100+ headfier club. heeee
Edited by sfwalcer - 10/5/12 at 11:05ampost #2015 of 820910/5/12 at 12:01pmQuote:
What benefits does using Rockbox have?post #2016 of 820910/5/12 at 12:09pm
You get a lot more EQ settings, can tinker with other settings and some say the sound even improves with rockboxing, basically more customizable . For rockboxed ipod classics you can put lots of games, etc on it. Just makes the software more versatile and fun that's all.post #2017 of 820910/5/12 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
You get a lot more EQ settings, can tinker with other settings and some say the sound even improves with rockboxing, basically more customizable . For rockboxed ipod classics you can put lots of games, etc on it. Just makes the software more versatile and fun that's all.
Yep. You get parametric EQ and a setting to have the music crossfade over into the next song.post #2018 of 820910/5/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
Doesn't the Clip already have that feature?post #2019 of 820910/5/12 at 1:01pmQuote:
Wasn't that the *ahem* "alternative lifestyle" place in the Police Academy movie?post #2020 of 820910/5/12 at 1:10pm
I might be wrong because I rockboxed mine right away, but I think the stock Clip+ just has a regular 5 band EQ. The Clip+ PEQ is fully adjustable.post #2021 of 820910/5/12 at 1:36pmQuote:
I have the Clip Zippost #2022 of 820910/5/12 at 2:03pmpost #2023 of 820910/5/12 at 2:16pmpost #2024 of 820910/5/12 at 2:20pm
Unless i totally missed they just gave you every feature except the most important (to me).... The ability to play flac and alac. All my music is alac so stuck with ipod till i decided to try rockbox. Comes in soon.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 18 seconds ago
- › What are head-fi members views on apt-x lossless codec (over... 32 seconds ago
- › Best IEM tips? 59 seconds ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber USB Gen2 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2