Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 130post #1936 of 820910/3/12 at 7:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 820910/3/12 at 7:26ampost #1938 of 820910/3/12 at 7:46ampost #1939 of 820910/3/12 at 8:06ampost #1940 of 820910/3/12 at 8:07amQuote:
who has them other than us two pal?
are yours gunmetal or black? I can't tell. Mine are blackpost #1941 of 820910/3/12 at 8:12am
This appears to be one of the few cases that something is actually cheaper in the UK! Even the non-blue ones are >$20 here, and the blue are hard to find except on Ebay with the headband cushioning for $37.post #1942 of 820910/3/12 at 8:31amQuote:
I found them quite expensive from shops, but going directly to sennheiser was nice and cheappost #1943 of 820910/3/12 at 8:58ampost #1944 of 820910/3/12 at 9:36amThread Starter
Aurvana's are good headphones especially when bought for the sale price of $60 or so. But in all honesty the drivers in the HA-S500 are superior..I only wish the Ha-S500 had bigger cups like the Aurvana lives but the most important part of the headphones win here which is the sound.
Over all detail is better over the Aurvana lives. Especially in the bass end. Aurvana lives bass end can sound somewhat flabby if not grainy on low bass tracks. Not so on the HA-S500. Overall I would say the sound is tighter, cleaner. I think where the Aurvanas win is the housing design as they are over ears. But a simple pad change fixes the on ear issues. I do hope JVC brings these great headphones to the Western world.post #1945 of 820910/3/12 at 9:38amThread StarterQuote:
Nano-Clip party soon to bee announced.. Get your clips going on fellas this is going to be a fun little even in this thread.post #1946 of 820910/3/12 at 9:55amQuote:True, they cost £33 on ebay, but I am tempted by the purple HD25 velour padhttp://www.ebay.it/itm/Sennheiser-HD25-HD-25-SP-Violet-Purple-Velour-Replacement-Ear-Pads-By-Zomo-/290705518727?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item43af663087#ht_2445wt_1144post #1947 of 820910/3/12 at 10:22ampost #1948 of 820910/3/12 at 10:48ampost #1949 of 820910/3/12 at 11:00am
i am posting the ATH M50 Frecuency Graph just for reference and opinions. seems its exactly how they sounded to me, less bass.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/3/12 at 11:02ampost #1950 of 820910/3/12 at 11:02am
finally got my headphone!! impressive quality of it ... in all items completely destroyed my Bose QC2!!
I will now begin the process of burn-in, which song do you recommend?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Help me understand something (modi/magni) + HE-400 and studio... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ie800's vs GR10's 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3