Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 130post #1936 of 809210/3/12 at 7:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 809210/3/12 at 7:26ampost #1938 of 809210/3/12 at 7:46ampost #1939 of 809210/3/12 at 8:06ampost #1940 of 809210/3/12 at 8:07amQuote:
who has them other than us two pal?
are yours gunmetal or black? I can't tell. Mine are blackpost #1941 of 809210/3/12 at 8:12am
This appears to be one of the few cases that something is actually cheaper in the UK! Even the non-blue ones are >$20 here, and the blue are hard to find except on Ebay with the headband cushioning for $37.post #1942 of 809210/3/12 at 8:31amQuote:
I found them quite expensive from shops, but going directly to sennheiser was nice and cheappost #1943 of 809210/3/12 at 8:58ampost #1944 of 809210/3/12 at 9:36amThread Starter
Aurvana's are good headphones especially when bought for the sale price of $60 or so. But in all honesty the drivers in the HA-S500 are superior..I only wish the Ha-S500 had bigger cups like the Aurvana lives but the most important part of the headphones win here which is the sound.
Over all detail is better over the Aurvana lives. Especially in the bass end. Aurvana lives bass end can sound somewhat flabby if not grainy on low bass tracks. Not so on the HA-S500. Overall I would say the sound is tighter, cleaner. I think where the Aurvanas win is the housing design as they are over ears. But a simple pad change fixes the on ear issues. I do hope JVC brings these great headphones to the Western world.post #1945 of 809210/3/12 at 9:38amThread StarterQuote:
Nano-Clip party soon to bee announced.. Get your clips going on fellas this is going to be a fun little even in this thread.post #1946 of 809210/3/12 at 9:55amQuote:True, they cost £33 on ebay, but I am tempted by the purple HD25 velour padhttp://www.ebay.it/itm/Sennheiser-HD25-HD-25-SP-Violet-Purple-Velour-Replacement-Ear-Pads-By-Zomo-/290705518727?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item43af663087#ht_2445wt_1144post #1947 of 809210/3/12 at 10:22ampost #1948 of 809210/3/12 at 10:48ampost #1949 of 809210/3/12 at 11:00am
i am posting the ATH M50 Frecuency Graph just for reference and opinions. seems its exactly how they sounded to me, less bass.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/3/12 at 11:02ampost #1950 of 809210/3/12 at 11:02am
finally got my headphone!! impressive quality of it ... in all items completely destroyed my Bose QC2!!
I will now begin the process of burn-in, which song do you recommend?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 6 minutes ago
- › The Beyer DT150 Experience 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)