Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 9/5/14 at 1:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 130post #1936 of 811910/3/12 at 7:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 811910/3/12 at 7:26ampost #1938 of 811910/3/12 at 7:46ampost #1939 of 811910/3/12 at 8:06ampost #1940 of 811910/3/12 at 8:07amQuote:
who has them other than us two pal?
are yours gunmetal or black? I can't tell. Mine are blackpost #1941 of 811910/3/12 at 8:12am
This appears to be one of the few cases that something is actually cheaper in the UK! Even the non-blue ones are >$20 here, and the blue are hard to find except on Ebay with the headband cushioning for $37.post #1942 of 811910/3/12 at 8:31amQuote:
I found them quite expensive from shops, but going directly to sennheiser was nice and cheappost #1943 of 811910/3/12 at 8:58ampost #1944 of 811910/3/12 at 9:36amThread Starter
Aurvana's are good headphones especially when bought for the sale price of $60 or so. But in all honesty the drivers in the HA-S500 are superior..I only wish the Ha-S500 had bigger cups like the Aurvana lives but the most important part of the headphones win here which is the sound.
Over all detail is better over the Aurvana lives. Especially in the bass end. Aurvana lives bass end can sound somewhat flabby if not grainy on low bass tracks. Not so on the HA-S500. Overall I would say the sound is tighter, cleaner. I think where the Aurvanas win is the housing design as they are over ears. But a simple pad change fixes the on ear issues. I do hope JVC brings these great headphones to the Western world.post #1945 of 811910/3/12 at 9:38amThread StarterQuote:
Nano-Clip party soon to bee announced.. Get your clips going on fellas this is going to be a fun little even in this thread.post #1946 of 811910/3/12 at 9:55amQuote:True, they cost £33 on ebay, but I am tempted by the purple HD25 velour padhttp://www.ebay.it/itm/Sennheiser-HD25-HD-25-SP-Violet-Purple-Velour-Replacement-Ear-Pads-By-Zomo-/290705518727?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item43af663087#ht_2445wt_1144post #1947 of 811910/3/12 at 10:22ampost #1948 of 811910/3/12 at 10:48ampost #1949 of 811910/3/12 at 11:00am
i am posting the ATH M50 Frecuency Graph just for reference and opinions. seems its exactly how they sounded to me, less bass.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/3/12 at 11:02ampost #1950 of 811910/3/12 at 11:02am
finally got my headphone!! impressive quality of it ... in all items completely destroyed my Bose QC2!!
I will now begin the process of burn-in, which song do you recommend?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 3 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › Transitioning: Some help and feedback 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)