Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 128post #1906 of 820910/1/12 at 11:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1907 of 820910/2/12 at 12:37amSee people should listen to me more often....
BUY YOUR S500 FROM "MADE IN JAPAN ONLINE STOREFRONT" AMAZON STORE!!!
They ship EXPRESS and you get tracking every step of the way. Then there is no mystery on where your stuff is . Took 3 days to get to Los Angeles from Japan (another 4 days in LAX slowass customs)post #1908 of 820910/2/12 at 2:01ampost #1909 of 820910/2/12 at 4:28am
Mine have finally arrived \o/ \o/ will try them for a few minutes at lunch :) :)
offtopic can anyone ID this headphone amp and if it's any good or should i be looking to get a new amp? I bought it a few years ago and can't find the specs :(
it's an OPA2227 chip in there
Edited by rG-tom - 10/2/12 at 4:29ampost #1910 of 820910/2/12 at 9:13ampost #1911 of 820910/2/12 at 9:18ampost #1912 of 820910/2/12 at 12:32pmQuote:Somehow I cant believe too much hype because liquid crystal polymer still means is plastic to me. I guess time will tell.
Does eveyone have the consensus that s500+ ath pleathers = Or > s400… or is it the other way around?post #1913 of 820910/2/12 at 12:45pmThread Starter
Don't know I am still waiting for my HA-S400. Can't wait to try them out. I have a feeling some of the pads I was using with HA-S500 will sound even better on the HA-S400.
The reason why I am excited about Sony's newest. Sony as of late has been pushed around. Sony as a name brand doesn't necessarily excite now a days but I have a feeling that is about to change. We are talking about one of the premiere power house Japanese manufacturers. These guys take pride in what they do and audio is a big part of what Sony does. Sony can't sit around with the amount of resources they have not to produce exciting stuff. I know no one has heard these headphones well minus Jude and I can say I am a Sony fan boy and it saddened me when they somewhat botched the whole XBA line. It will take a few trys but I believe in Sony. They need to hit one out of the park and if their new headphones don't do it then I have no idea when they will. I do expect these headphones to be worth the cash and then some. We will see. Too many new greatness around the corner.post #1914 of 820910/2/12 at 5:30pmpost #1915 of 820910/2/12 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by brrgrr
Nice job "JupiterKnight" for getting the JVC HA-S500 measured by Tyll. Objectively better than them Bose AE's, unsurprisingly.
Phewwww... At least better than those bose, glad to knowpost #1916 of 820910/2/12 at 6:29pmpost #1917 of 820910/2/12 at 6:32pm
I thought they were pretty good. I'm looking forward to the 400.
I mentioned in my email to them that I thought 500 was good and they should bring it in to the US.
We'll see.post #1918 of 820910/2/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
Thanks Tyll for the graph. does the pad affects the graphs? because most of us are not using stock pads no more. the bass is to much for must of us with stock pads.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/2/12 at 6:36pmpost #1919 of 820910/2/12 at 6:38pmpost #1920 of 820910/2/12 at 6:52pmQuote:
Frequency response looks pretty good and matches up fairly well how I heard them. Bass level is high and the mids behaves decently and also a nice treble response between 5-10K. I wonder about the little dip around 500 Hz could that be related to the pads?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Hugo 16 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 23 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 27 seconds ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 30 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lite DAC60 - PCM1704 R2R tubed DAC Mod Project 2 minutes ago
- › Does scratches on a CD effect sound quality besides skipping? 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2