Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 10/7/14 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 128post #1906 of 812410/1/12 at 11:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1907 of 812410/2/12 at 12:37amSee people should listen to me more often....
BUY YOUR S500 FROM "MADE IN JAPAN ONLINE STOREFRONT" AMAZON STORE!!!
They ship EXPRESS and you get tracking every step of the way. Then there is no mystery on where your stuff is . Took 3 days to get to Los Angeles from Japan (another 4 days in LAX slowass customs)post #1908 of 812410/2/12 at 2:01ampost #1909 of 812410/2/12 at 4:28am
Mine have finally arrived \o/ \o/ will try them for a few minutes at lunch :) :)
offtopic can anyone ID this headphone amp and if it's any good or should i be looking to get a new amp? I bought it a few years ago and can't find the specs :(
it's an OPA2227 chip in there
Edited by rG-tom - 10/2/12 at 4:29ampost #1910 of 812410/2/12 at 9:13ampost #1911 of 812410/2/12 at 9:18ampost #1912 of 812410/2/12 at 12:32pmQuote:Somehow I cant believe too much hype because liquid crystal polymer still means is plastic to me. I guess time will tell.
Does eveyone have the consensus that s500+ ath pleathers = Or > s400… or is it the other way around?post #1913 of 812410/2/12 at 12:45pmThread Starter
Don't know I am still waiting for my HA-S400. Can't wait to try them out. I have a feeling some of the pads I was using with HA-S500 will sound even better on the HA-S400.
The reason why I am excited about Sony's newest. Sony as of late has been pushed around. Sony as a name brand doesn't necessarily excite now a days but I have a feeling that is about to change. We are talking about one of the premiere power house Japanese manufacturers. These guys take pride in what they do and audio is a big part of what Sony does. Sony can't sit around with the amount of resources they have not to produce exciting stuff. I know no one has heard these headphones well minus Jude and I can say I am a Sony fan boy and it saddened me when they somewhat botched the whole XBA line. It will take a few trys but I believe in Sony. They need to hit one out of the park and if their new headphones don't do it then I have no idea when they will. I do expect these headphones to be worth the cash and then some. We will see. Too many new greatness around the corner.post #1914 of 812410/2/12 at 5:30pmpost #1915 of 812410/2/12 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by brrgrr
Nice job "JupiterKnight" for getting the JVC HA-S500 measured by Tyll. Objectively better than them Bose AE's, unsurprisingly.
Phewwww... At least better than those bose, glad to knowpost #1916 of 812410/2/12 at 6:29pmpost #1917 of 812410/2/12 at 6:32pm
I thought they were pretty good. I'm looking forward to the 400.
I mentioned in my email to them that I thought 500 was good and they should bring it in to the US.
We'll see.post #1918 of 812410/2/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
Thanks Tyll for the graph. does the pad affects the graphs? because most of us are not using stock pads no more. the bass is to much for must of us with stock pads.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/2/12 at 6:36pmpost #1919 of 812410/2/12 at 6:38pmpost #1920 of 812410/2/12 at 6:52pmQuote:
Frequency response looks pretty good and matches up fairly well how I heard them. Bass level is high and the mids behaves decently and also a nice treble response between 5-10K. I wonder about the little dip around 500 Hz could that be related to the pads?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Returning TDK WR700 need budget recommendations 59 seconds ago
- › Cowon J3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › sennheiser IE 60 or Steelseries Flux in-ear pro? 5 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Is there any benefits to SNR higher than 110 dB? 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)