Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 8/17/14 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 128post #1906 of 810710/1/12 at 11:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1907 of 810710/2/12 at 12:37amSee people should listen to me more often....
BUY YOUR S500 FROM "MADE IN JAPAN ONLINE STOREFRONT" AMAZON STORE!!!
They ship EXPRESS and you get tracking every step of the way. Then there is no mystery on where your stuff is . Took 3 days to get to Los Angeles from Japan (another 4 days in LAX slowass customs)post #1908 of 810710/2/12 at 2:01ampost #1909 of 810710/2/12 at 4:28am
Mine have finally arrived \o/ \o/ will try them for a few minutes at lunch :) :)
offtopic can anyone ID this headphone amp and if it's any good or should i be looking to get a new amp? I bought it a few years ago and can't find the specs :(
it's an OPA2227 chip in there
Edited by rG-tom - 10/2/12 at 4:29ampost #1910 of 810710/2/12 at 9:13ampost #1911 of 810710/2/12 at 9:18ampost #1912 of 810710/2/12 at 12:32pmQuote:Somehow I cant believe too much hype because liquid crystal polymer still means is plastic to me. I guess time will tell.
Does eveyone have the consensus that s500+ ath pleathers = Or > s400… or is it the other way around?post #1913 of 810710/2/12 at 12:45pmThread Starter
Don't know I am still waiting for my HA-S400. Can't wait to try them out. I have a feeling some of the pads I was using with HA-S500 will sound even better on the HA-S400.
The reason why I am excited about Sony's newest. Sony as of late has been pushed around. Sony as a name brand doesn't necessarily excite now a days but I have a feeling that is about to change. We are talking about one of the premiere power house Japanese manufacturers. These guys take pride in what they do and audio is a big part of what Sony does. Sony can't sit around with the amount of resources they have not to produce exciting stuff. I know no one has heard these headphones well minus Jude and I can say I am a Sony fan boy and it saddened me when they somewhat botched the whole XBA line. It will take a few trys but I believe in Sony. They need to hit one out of the park and if their new headphones don't do it then I have no idea when they will. I do expect these headphones to be worth the cash and then some. We will see. Too many new greatness around the corner.post #1914 of 810710/2/12 at 5:30pmpost #1915 of 810710/2/12 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by brrgrr
Nice job "JupiterKnight" for getting the JVC HA-S500 measured by Tyll. Objectively better than them Bose AE's, unsurprisingly.
Phewwww... At least better than those bose, glad to knowpost #1916 of 810710/2/12 at 6:29pmpost #1917 of 810710/2/12 at 6:32pm
I thought they were pretty good. I'm looking forward to the 400.
I mentioned in my email to them that I thought 500 was good and they should bring it in to the US.
We'll see.post #1918 of 810710/2/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
Thanks Tyll for the graph. does the pad affects the graphs? because most of us are not using stock pads no more. the bass is to much for must of us with stock pads.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/2/12 at 6:36pmpost #1919 of 810710/2/12 at 6:38pmpost #1920 of 810710/2/12 at 6:52pmQuote:
Frequency response looks pretty good and matches up fairly well how I heard them. Bass level is high and the mids behaves decently and also a nice treble response between 5-10K. I wonder about the little dip around 500 Hz could that be related to the pads?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 16 seconds ago
- › Best live recordings 25 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Oh no... near field system chewing up my listening time! 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Book recommendation? 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)