Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 128post #1906 of 810910/1/12 at 11:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1907 of 810910/2/12 at 12:37amSee people should listen to me more often....
BUY YOUR S500 FROM "MADE IN JAPAN ONLINE STOREFRONT" AMAZON STORE!!!
They ship EXPRESS and you get tracking every step of the way. Then there is no mystery on where your stuff is . Took 3 days to get to Los Angeles from Japan (another 4 days in LAX slowass customs)post #1908 of 810910/2/12 at 2:01ampost #1909 of 810910/2/12 at 4:28am
Mine have finally arrived \o/ \o/ will try them for a few minutes at lunch :) :)
offtopic can anyone ID this headphone amp and if it's any good or should i be looking to get a new amp? I bought it a few years ago and can't find the specs :(
it's an OPA2227 chip in there
Edited by rG-tom - 10/2/12 at 4:29ampost #1910 of 810910/2/12 at 9:13ampost #1911 of 810910/2/12 at 9:18ampost #1912 of 810910/2/12 at 12:32pmQuote:Somehow I cant believe too much hype because liquid crystal polymer still means is plastic to me. I guess time will tell.
Does eveyone have the consensus that s500+ ath pleathers = Or > s400… or is it the other way around?post #1913 of 810910/2/12 at 12:45pmThread Starter
Don't know I am still waiting for my HA-S400. Can't wait to try them out. I have a feeling some of the pads I was using with HA-S500 will sound even better on the HA-S400.
The reason why I am excited about Sony's newest. Sony as of late has been pushed around. Sony as a name brand doesn't necessarily excite now a days but I have a feeling that is about to change. We are talking about one of the premiere power house Japanese manufacturers. These guys take pride in what they do and audio is a big part of what Sony does. Sony can't sit around with the amount of resources they have not to produce exciting stuff. I know no one has heard these headphones well minus Jude and I can say I am a Sony fan boy and it saddened me when they somewhat botched the whole XBA line. It will take a few trys but I believe in Sony. They need to hit one out of the park and if their new headphones don't do it then I have no idea when they will. I do expect these headphones to be worth the cash and then some. We will see. Too many new greatness around the corner.post #1914 of 810910/2/12 at 5:30pmpost #1915 of 810910/2/12 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by brrgrr
Nice job "JupiterKnight" for getting the JVC HA-S500 measured by Tyll. Objectively better than them Bose AE's, unsurprisingly.
Phewwww... At least better than those bose, glad to knowpost #1916 of 810910/2/12 at 6:29pmpost #1917 of 810910/2/12 at 6:32pm
I thought they were pretty good. I'm looking forward to the 400.
I mentioned in my email to them that I thought 500 was good and they should bring it in to the US.
We'll see.post #1918 of 810910/2/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
Thanks Tyll for the graph. does the pad affects the graphs? because most of us are not using stock pads no more. the bass is to much for must of us with stock pads.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/2/12 at 6:36pmpost #1919 of 810910/2/12 at 6:38pmpost #1920 of 810910/2/12 at 6:52pmQuote:
Frequency response looks pretty good and matches up fairly well how I heard them. Bass level is high and the mids behaves decently and also a nice treble response between 5-10K. I wonder about the little dip around 500 Hz could that be related to the pads?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 seconds ago
- › New To Electronic Music, Recommendations And Genres? 14 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 37 seconds ago
- › Would a portable tube amp pair better with high impedance... 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › HELP! How to improve sound and mic quality? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD 10.33 2 minutes ago
- › Is break-in necessary for my HiFi Man 400i or any headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd SA31 amp (Mel) (price drop) 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)