Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 72

post #1066 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRzZa View Post

It is also a headphone amplifier, so just plug in and enjoy the music  gs1000.gif

Thanks a lot mate! normal_smile%20.gif

 

I'll consider purchasing this, definitely keeping it bookmarked anyway.

post #1067 of 8092

Some Pictures... Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #1068 of 8092
To dsnuts (or anyone who has opened these):

I cant tell from pics if there is enough room inside the case for a 2.5mm female connector. I plan on doing a recable when i get mine (for no other particular reason except for fun) and i was considering a removable cable option.

Ive also got the blue pleather hd25 pads in the mail. Did yall cover the sound on those yet? I also have the blue velour ones from "zomo" on order. Pls post any links if someone already tried those.

Yall got me so excited about these babies i decided to make them a project. My first so hope i dont screwem up.

Thx and sorry if im reasking something already covered. I didnt see it.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 9/5/12 at 10:45am
post #1069 of 8092
Thread Starter 

Sorry Doc. Never opened these except to put on some different pads. I think Norml who transplanted his driver to a bigger housing should be able to answer your question.

 

So this is interesting. For the guys that are going to get the ATH pads..Just as an experiment i used the foam inserts that was in my HD25 velours in the ATH velours. The results. It softens the highs just a tad and I feel offers the best balanced sound so far.

 

And you don't need to buy a $21 Pair of HD25 velours to do this little addition. I am sure you can go to your local hobby shop and get something comparable for a few bucks and all you would have to do is cut out some circular pieces to throw in there. Another thought is if you want a bit more highs using the HD25 velours. Take out this foam piece and throw in something thinner a round cut piece of shirt in it's place Just something that will prevent ear stuff from depositing on your drivers I suppose and it should give you a bit more highs..I didn't think the foam piece would make that much difference but it does indeed.

 

The foam and thickness of it actually lessens or increase the overall treble. So your results will vary depending on what material you use.. Try it out. This is equivalent to changing different tips on earphones. Same signature but slightly tweeking how much highs you want.


Edited by Dsnuts - 9/5/12 at 12:03pm
post #1070 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

To dsnuts (or anyone who has opened these):
I cant tell from pics if there is enough room inside the case for a 2.5mm female connector. I plan on doing a recable when i get mine (for no other particular reason except for fun) and i was considering a removable cable option.
Ive also got the blue pleather hd25 pads in the mail. Did yall cover the sound on those yet? I also have the blue velour ones from "zomo" on order. Pls post any links if someone already tried those.
Yall got me so excited about these babies i decided to make them a project. My first so hope i dont screwem up.
Thx and sorry if im reasking something already covered. I didnt see it.

From memory I would say no. When I get back to the house I'll see if I can find the s500 housing and give you some measurements/pictures. By the way, I still have a set of hd25 velours if anyone wants them.

post #1071 of 8092

Just read most of this thread, makes me want them so bad. That DAC looks amazing as well. DAMN YOU ALL!

post #1072 of 8092

Jus read up on the phoenix fire. Looks like ill be spending more money. Between the new hobby n my shoe fetish imma be broke af. Why is dere not a disclaimer to enter this site? lol

post #1073 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norml View Post

From memory I would say no. When I get back to the house I'll see if I can find the s500 housing and give you some measurements/pictures. By the way, I still have a set of hd25 velours if anyone wants them.
Yea it was looking a bit tight from the pics posted earlier. More, closer pics wld be just capital. thx norml.
post #1074 of 8092

Damn this thread.  Just put in my order for a pair from ace_of_bicycle.  Can't wait for them to arrive.  I may have to sell my Grados and TF10s if these sounds as good as y'all say.

post #1075 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo108 View Post

Damn this thread.  Just put in my order for a pair from ace_of_bicycle.  Can't wait for them to arrive.  I may have to sell my Grados and TF10s if these sounds as good as y'all say.

My Grados need repairing, but I am in no hurry to do it now that I have these....lol


Edited by Achmedisdead - 9/5/12 at 3:51pm
post #1076 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


Yea it was looking a bit tight from the pics posted earlier. More, closer pics wld be just capital. thx norml.

 

 

 

 

I think you would end up ruining the housing trying to make them fit. The cable on these is actually pretty nice. When I did my driver transplant, I also used the cable to replace the heavy coiled cable on the dj100. 


Edited by Norml - 9/5/12 at 4:12pm
post #1077 of 8092

I just received my ATH velours and omg it really does change sound signature drastically.

Bass is strikingly tamed. Maybe like 4-5dbs lower. 

Entire freq. spectrum is much more balanced and I can now listen to classical music with this can.

Any other genre of music, I put my bass level to +1 on fiio e11 and it is near perfect for my ears.

post #1078 of 8092

May have to get the DAC at least. Headphones can wait till I can shift the TF10s :P

 

 

Thanks for sharing the Phoniex!

post #1079 of 8092
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

So this is interesting. For the guys that are going to get the ATH pads..Just as an experiment i used the foam inserts that was in my HD25 velours in the ATH velours. The results. It softens the highs just a tad and I feel offers the best balanced sound so far.

 

Thanks for taking my suggestion. wink.gif Interesting to hear the HD25 foam discs make a difference.

post #1080 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norml View Post


I think you would end up ruining the housing trying to make them fit. The cable on these is actually pretty nice. When I did my driver transplant, I also used the cable to replace the heavy coiled cable on the dj100. 

Thanx norml. Preciate the pics. Ur right, it wld be a pretty tight squeeze. Im still gunna do a recable hardwired. Like i said, just cuz i can and it'll be fun to play around with.

Cant tell but the soldering points look nice and big there. Did you find that to be the case?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.