Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › COMING SOON: Klipsch Image X7i & NEW Image S4, Image S4i & Image S4A
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

COMING SOON: Klipsch Image X7i & NEW Image S4, Image S4i & Image S4A - Page 6

post #76 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex L View Post

700

 

What a treat we have for you today!

 

We have FOUR new headphones: Image X7i and the NEW Image S4, Image S4i and Image S4A.

 

The Image X7i are an all-new headphone, sporting new full-range balanced armature driversthat  deliver deep bass, clear mids and crisp highs....Oh and the new ceramic body is to die for!

 

Simply put, the original Image S4 was a legend & kick-started Klipsch's move into the headphones industry. The NEW Image S4, Image S4i and Image S4A deliver much-demanded improvements including tangle-resistant flat cables, improved strain relief, and matte black elastomer instead of high gloss black plastic.

 

All of these headphones will be available later this month but are available to pre-order right now!

 

Product Pages:

 

Image X7i (Black)

Image X7i (White)

 

NEW Image S4 (Black)

NEW Image S4 (White)

 

NEW Image S4i (Black)

NEW Image S4i (White)

 

NEW Image S4A (Black)

hi there,

i was wondering how the x7 sounds.I Personally own the s4is i found the the mids to be a bit recessed to the point where the vocals are not as powerful or engaging, due to the overwhelming bass. with a little less siblant or strident highs  i would prefer a flatter sound signature. However i love the flat cable design, and adore the fit and comfort on the s4is.

 

Within the klipsch family which would you recommend? IEMs

post #77 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

hi there,

i was wondering how the x7 sounds.I Personally own the s4is i found the the mids to be a bit recessed to the point where the vocals are not as powerful or engaging, due to the overwhelming bass. with a little less siblant or strident highs  i would prefer a flatter sound signature. However i love the flat cable design, and adore the fit and comfort on the s4is.

 

Within the klipsch family which would you recommend? IEMs

 

 

Hi Tom, you are exactly the type of customer we were/are aiming at with the Image X7i. The X7i have a more neutral and accurate sound compared to the S4i. You would absolutely love them judging by your wants/need! The beautiful (seriously, pictures don't do it justice) ceramic design is an added bonus. http://www.klipsch.com/image-x7i-black-headphones

post #78 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex L View Post

 

 

Hi Tom, you are exactly the type of customer we were/are aiming at with the Image X7i. The X7i have a more neutral and accurate sound compared to the S4i. You would absolutely love them judging by your wants/need! The beautiful (seriously, pictures don't do it justice) ceramic design is an added bonus. http://www.klipsch.com/image-x7i-black-headphones

thanks for the reply! are the oval tips still the same? i plan to use my current ones on my image s4i in case i lose the x7s 

post #79 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

thanks for the reply! are the oval tips still the same? i plan to use my current ones on my image s4i in case i lose the x7s 

 

Yup, they should fit just fine!

post #80 of 95

i have the x7is, 10is and s4is now...the x7s are definitely not as comfortable (to put in) as the x10is and sounds a lot thinner, another thing that might take some time to get used to is the control talk, they changed it from flat to rounded(no idea why)  and buttons are smaller too, still a lot of cord noise like all klipsch earphones unless worn over the ear or with a clip. (personally i dont mind it.) 

post #81 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesoonkyu View Post

i have the x7is, 10is and s4is now...the x7s are definitely not as comfortable (to put in) as the x10is and sounds a lot thinner, another thing that might take some time to get used to is the control talk, they changed it from flat to rounded(no idea why)  and buttons are smaller too, still a lot of cord noise like all klipsch earphones unless worn over the ear or with a clip. (personally i dont mind it.) 

 

love your name btw! i'm a huge fan of them too

 

how did you find the difference between them, personally i really want to sell my s4i to upgrade up to the x7is. but it was the new klipsch lineup came out maybe 3 months after i recently bought my s4i so, i have already been using them for a about a year almost. but i hate how i have to baby them so much, especially the headphone jack, it looks so fragile, theirs no strength there or anything to reinforce it. 

 

i'm don't mind the cable noise or microphonics anyway, i find the people that complain about don't realize its their fault.. they can just listen to it over the ear style and the problem goes away. its not a problem really...

 

anyone have an image of the headphone jack?

 

i heard the s4 orginally came with a l shape jack ( thats the the important part, the important part is that the headphone jack during the l shape jack days looked a lot more durable) Even after they made it into a straight jack it looked durable, it was only after their second iteration of the straight jack where klipsch cheaped out on the materials and the jack became so flimsy.

post #82 of 95

I'm listening to both the x7i and x10 in a/b test at the moment.

 

I can't really say which one i prefer. I got the x7i two weeks ago and they had maybe 50hours of playing time. I love them alot since they have the 'klipsch' signature i got with my eq'd rf-82 hometheater. Bass is definitively different from the x10 (flatter and more accurate) and it might have  a little more harshness in the treble. Mids seems a little more forwarded then on the x10 too. Soundstage ain't as wide as the x10 too. They seems a little more sensitive, but they both can be driven from an ipod touch 4gen.

 

x10 on the other end as better lowend extension and slighly exagerated bass on already bass heavy track. Less listening fatigue from my longer listening session test, no sibilance at all (i can't stand that in iem)

 

They both are great products. They are my first quality iem headphone.


I love the x7 look and physical feel more though, but the x10 are  slighly more confortable. Ceramic is a great finish for sure and the x7 look like they'll last longer.

 

the x7 will be returned at the store since i got the x10 for the same price. They both are great quality product that i'd recommend eyes closed.

 

Good job Klipsch, as usual ;)

post #83 of 95
Hi All,
 
Recently I moved from an android driven phone to an Iphone 5 and can't stand lack of possibility to switch tracks (next/prev) with volume buttons.
After few days of research, finally I narrowed my search to Klipsch products and here comes my questions.
Currently I own audeo 012 and I'm not really impressed (tried all 3 acoustic filters). Considering x7i will I hear improvement in sound quality and a better/deeper bass? I'm a bit affraid of armature drivers and wondering if current 012 are just low end earphones or it's how such driver works? If yes, then well.. S4i looks like a good (and cheeper) alternative.
I also noticed impedance is 50 ohms, audeo has 32 and they are not so loud, does it mean x7i will be even quieter?

Edited by emerce - 2/9/13 at 2:25am
post #84 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xprime4 View Post

I'm listening to both the x7i and x10 in a/b test at the moment.

 

I can't really say which one i prefer. I got the x7i two weeks ago and they had maybe 50hours of playing time. I love them alot since they have the 'klipsch' signature i got with my eq'd rf-82 hometheater. Bass is definitively different from the x10 (flatter and more accurate) and it might have  a little more harshness in the treble. Mids seems a little more forwarded then on the x10 too. Soundstage ain't as wide as the x10 too. They seems a little more sensitive, but they both can be driven from an ipod touch 4gen.

 

x10 on the other end as better lowend extension and slighly exagerated bass on already bass heavy track. Less listening fatigue from my longer listening session test, no sibilance at all (i can't stand that in iem)

 

They both are great products. They are my first quality iem headphone.


I love the x7 look and physical feel more though, but the x10 are  slighly more confortable. Ceramic is a great finish for sure and the x7 look like they'll last longer.

 

the x7 will be returned at the store since i got the x10 for the same price. They both are great quality product that i'd recommend eyes closed.

 

Good job Klipsch, as usual ;)

 

Thank you for the review!

post #85 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerce View Post

Hi All,
 
Recently I moved from an android driven phone to an Iphone 5 and can't stand lack of possibility to switch tracks (next/prev) with volume buttons.
After few days of research, finally I narrowed my search to Klipsch products and here comes my questions.
Currently I own audeo 012 and I'm not really impressed (tried all 3 acoustic filters). Considering x7i will I hear improvement in sound quality and a better/deeper bass? I'm a bit affraid of armature drivers and wondering if current 012 are just low end earphones or it's how such driver works? If yes, then well.. S4i looks like a good (and cheeper) alternative.
I also noticed impedance is 50 ohms, audeo has 32 and they are not so loud, does it mean x7i will be even quieter?

 

Hope someone can answer your question. I don't have any experience with the audeo 012.

post #86 of 95

So I bought S4i and all I can say is that too much bass is just too much..

It's so overwhelming that after 30-45min my head/ears hurts so much I can't listen anymore. That's quite disappointing and annoying at the same.

post #87 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerce View Post

So I bought S4i and all I can say is that too much bass is just too much..

It's so overwhelming that after 30-45min my head/ears hurts so much I can't listen anymore. That's quite disappointing and annoying at the same.

 

Sorry you feel that way. You may want to let the headphones burn in.

post #88 of 95

I'll try Alex but I doubt the quantity of bass will drop


Edited by emerce - 2/21/13 at 9:40am
post #89 of 95

Got these half a year ago.

 

The sound is great in my opinion vast improvement over my s4i, meelec cc51p and a151. However i am pretty disappointed with the build quality..

 

Between my brother and i, we are on our 5th pair (Pretty careful with them too...) but the right ear piece simply doesn't have sound anymore (Same issue on the other 3) and futureshop no longer carries them so i cant even swap onto another one.

 

Perhaps i got unlucky with a bad stock of them but either way.

 

Sound quality:

Pretty definate hit, the tips that come with are nice as always. (Work well with comply tips as well)

Bass is present but not bloated which im glad off.

Best comparison i can think of is if you grab the s4i and add a world of clarity to it.

 

Build Quality: Looks solid, feels solid, i personally like the ceramic touch. However i am majorly disappointed with how long they last.

 

Have to see if Futureshop will let me do store credit or something now.

 

Anyone got advice on what to do from this point?

post #90 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviver View Post

Got these half a year ago.

The sound is great in my opinion vast improvement over my s4i, meelec cc51p and a151. However i am pretty disappointed with the build quality..

Between my brother and i, we are on our 5th pair (Pretty careful with them too...) but the right ear piece simply doesn't have sound anymore (Same issue on the other 3) and futureshop no longer carries them so i cant even swap onto another one.

Perhaps i got unlucky with a bad stock of them but either way.

Sound quality:
Pretty definate hit, the tips that come with are nice as always. (Work well with comply tips as well)
Bass is present but not bloated which im glad off.
Best comparison i can think of is if you grab the s4i and add a world of clarity to it.

Build Quality: Looks solid, feels solid, i personally like the ceramic touch. However i am majorly disappointed with how long they last.

Have to see if Futureshop will let me do store credit or something now.

Anyone got advice on what to do from this point?

5 pairs in 6 months is pretty bad. Hopefully Klipsch will respond and take care of you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › COMING SOON: Klipsch Image X7i & NEW Image S4, Image S4i & Image S4A