Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread - Page 12

post #166 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchwood1203 View Post

How about the size? Looking at the photos they seem to be about the size of D5000/7000, maybe a bit taller and thinner. Wouldn't that be a bit too huge?


NO they are NOT same size as D5000/7000 enclosure-wise but pads looks like same diameter. For me looks like they about same size like Beats and how many millions wearing them outside? But don't forget D5000/7000 are semi-open so you always hear people talking or your phone rings


Edited by olegausany - 8/4/12 at 1:18pm
post #167 of 1554

Don't think my glass head really does it justice. They protrude A LOT from the side of ones head.

 

And yes, they do look strikingly similar to the Beats from a side view. From a far distance, it could be difficult telling them apart.

post #168 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post

Don't think my glass head really does it justice. They protrude A LOT from the side of ones head.

 

And yes, they do look strikingly similar to the Beats from a side view. From a far distance, it could be difficult telling them apart.


I think Denon did intentionally to attract Beats users but i doubt they will pay more money than they pay for Beats. I used mine outside and I can hear subway trains  including announcement and some tracks but not cars or people talking

post #169 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

I do prefer a bassier sound with hard-hitting punch and extension, but with more neutral highs.

 

That  is a reasonable description of the 7100s, though the highs are probably a bit above neutral. However, the highs are clear and clean.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

Also, I am looking for a higher end can for portable use and would never have considered the old Denons for that, but the new ones would work.  

 

I don't know about the 600s, but I think there some challenges with the 7100s for portable use, depending on how they are used. The earpads are extremely soft, probably the softest I have used, which is really comfortable, but that in combination with their weight/width and mild clamping force could be a problem while moving around. If you carry them, then use them on a train, etc., shouldn't be a problem, but if you are walking around and especially turning your head side to side, they could fall off. Same problem as the D2000, though the D2000 don't stick out as far, and have less squishy pads. One nice thing about the 7100 pads is they aren't round on the outside (like the previous gen) while having an oval-ish shape inside ("pentagonal" is what Denon calls it.) Makes for a better seal. Speaking of which, these do isolate better than the D2000. If you like the looks, then using them in public won't be a drawback. They do stand out in a crowd. For me, though, the less obtrusive the better.

post #170 of 1554

Oh, just an interesting thing I discovered last night.

 

The D600 actually sounds better when worn backwards. At least for me. Midrange is more recessed worn normally, and the treble has a hotter brilliance that can get really annoying.


Edited by Katun - 8/4/12 at 1:45pm
post #171 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post

Oh, just an interesting thing I discovered last night.

 

The D600 actually sounds better when worn backwards. At least for me. Midrange is more recessed worn normally, and the treble has a hotter brilliance that can get really annoying.

 

 

I can't worn backwards properly. 

The headphone was easily to fall and my neck feels tired.

How do you wear backwards?

post #172 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post


I love Denons sound and that's why I took a risk getting them knowing I can easily return them but when I heard that tight punchy deep hard kicking bass, best I heard from my portable player after just 12 hours of burn-in with great refined details. Tommorow after they gonna have over 70 hours of burn-in I will compare them with D7000 on my computer system driven just by headphones amp of Asus Xonar STX

Dude..... I think I am more qualified then most to say that is one bad bad bad bad combination.

 

10 ohm output impedance, harsh treble, and bloated bass with a lack of micro detail.

 

Especially with the stock opamps. Don't do it, the STX is a disgusting pairing with the Dx000 no matter how you look at it.

post #173 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtcobain View Post

I can't worn backwards properly. 

The headphone was easily to fall and my neck feels tired.

How do you wear backwards?

 

It fits me MUCH better when worn backwards. You have to put the headband just a bit more forward (feels like the middle of my head to me)

 

With it on normal, I have to put the headband much further back on my head, and it feels like it's falling off the back. Hard to get a good seal this way.

post #174 of 1554
Can someone confirm if the plugs from the cups hit their shoulder while turning side to side? The plugs seems pretty long. cool.gif
post #175 of 1554

Will obviously depend on the size of your neck but mine's probably pretty average and I don't notice the connectors at all. Turning my head while scrunching my shoulders is the only way they touch for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Can someone confirm if the plugs from the cups hit their shoulder while turning side to side? The plugs seems pretty long. cool.gif
post #176 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstaken View Post

Will obviously depend on the size of your neck but mine's probably pretty average and I don't notice the connectors at all. Turning my head while scrunching my shoulders is the only way they touch for me.


+1

post #177 of 1554

While admittedly I haven't heard either of the Music Maniacs, I'm wondering how the AH-D7100 could be worth 2.5X the cost of the AH-D600 when they share the same driver.  The only obvious material advantages are mahogany earcups and leather pads.  Sennheiser made a big fuss over the improved resonance of the aluminum cups in the Amperior compared to the plastic HD25 II and is charging almost double the price for the privilege, but I could barely tell the difference between them other than the Amperior is a much better looking headphone (especially the blue).

 

While I suspect the law of diminishing return is at play here, where the AH-D7100 may have a warmer signature due to the mahogany cups or sound slightly better than the AH-D600, if anyone has compared the two, it would be great to hear your thoughts.


Edited by Craigster75 - 8/5/12 at 7:43am
post #178 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

I'm wondering how the AH-D7100 could be worth 2.5X the cost of the AH-D600 when they share the same driver.

Interesting.
post #179 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

While admittedly I haven't heard either of the Music Maniacs, I'm wondering how the AH-D7100 could be worth 2.5X the cost of the AH-D600 when they share the same driver.

Are you sure they are the same drivers? Where did you get this information?

Maybe Denon are doing like Grado and keeping the best driver for the D7100 and passing the rest down the chain. rolleyes.gif
Edited by Twinster - 8/5/12 at 7:48am
post #180 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Are you sure they are the same drivers? Where did you get this information?

It's posted on the Denon website.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread