Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/28/12
- productDenon AH-C300 Urban RaverTM In-Ear Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 8/28/12
- productDenon AH-C400tagged by System, 8/28/12
- productDenon AH-D400tagged by System, 8/28/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 8/28/12
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by System, 8/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Toys for Boys Last post on 8/30/14 at 6:11pm in High-end Audio Forum
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:53 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth getting the Denon D7100 if I own the D600? Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do the Denon D600 cables work for the D7100? Last post on 1/12/14 at 11:04am in Headphones (full-size)
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread - Page 102
Gear mentioned in this thread:
None ever reported. I think there's close to 0 chance of it happening.
That price is totally possible...I got nib D600s from BestBuy for $150 several weeks ago.
Edited by GearMe - 8/17/14 at 5:38am
I'm going to look at them as being £400 / €500 cans, rather than the MSRP value - and if they can come up close to the LCD2, then - they'll be a winner in my opinion (especially as arguably they're portable!)
Watch this space
Keep looking out the window to see if the courier is outside
It is a pretty good phone, just don't go compare it with thye TH-900 which has often been done.
And for the portability, indeed, you can use them straight out of an iPod or laptop. I bet they sound mighty fine with one of the Fostex or Headamp portable amps. I use to have a HP-P1 which sounded darn good and had plenty of power.
They aren't small however but they're extremely comfortable. In comparison the B&W P7 is a bankscrew.
My brother has both the Denon D2000 and D5000, might have to grab him when I next see him and do a three way shoot-out
Been listening to the Denons for about 5hrs straight, gone back to the IE800, and they sound really nasally / congested / muddy - with a quirky mid-bass...
Now, maybe I'm just lucky, and partnering the D7100 with the Chord Hugo is like some weird holy grail combination (I doubt this!) - but being able to run the two side by side (dual, well - triple outputs) does make me wonder what some people on this thread are hearing compared to me...
Either way, this is making me seriously want to reconsider my ultra portable setup (IEMs) - damn head-fi - I was happy before just now, sometimes ignorance really is bliss!!
- New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Headphone Amp / DAC + Astro Mixamp + Other Questions 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qped Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Seattle, WA Tour 5 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)