or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread - Page 98

post #1456 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

The response curves and my experience of using them through a Burson Conductor say otherwise. The D7100 has been called "Beats by Denon" for a reason. Look at that bass hump and then midrange drop!! That's SOOOO not neutral.

You can say you like them, sure, but calling them "neutral" isn't even a matter of opinion. It's just incorrect. They are ABSURDLY not neutral. That's like calling the Perfect Didos "neutral". Denon didn't even WANT neutral, they were aiming for a "music maniac" sound, hence the v-scoop.
Enjoy looking the graphs, I'll use my ears.

Cheers
post #1457 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDREEM View Post


Enjoy looking the graphs, I'll use my ears.

Cheers

 

Apparently you missed the part where I said I listened to them. Good reading comprehension there, Jack. 

post #1458 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Apparently you missed the part where I said I listened to them. Good reading comprehension there, Jack. 

You also missed the part where I said they are close to neutral and not neutral kiddo wink.gif ohhh dear. You also used graphs for most of your argument too. So you used your ears too then that would make it opinion.

Big kiss lol
post #1459 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDREEM View Post


You also missed the part where I said they are close to neutral and not neutral kiddo wink.gif ohhh dear. You also used graphs for most of your argument too. So you used your ears too then that would make it opinion.

Big kiss lol

 

"Big kiss".

 

Well at least it's obvious you're just trolling along. Take care now. Enjoy your "close to neutral" headphones. Lord knows what you'd consider "far from neutral". Probably just a subwoofer all by itself. :rolleyes:

post #1460 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDREEM View Post

You also missed the part where I said they are close to neutral and not neutral kiddo wink.gif ohhh dear. You also used graphs for most of your argument too. So you used your ears too then that would make it opinion.

Big kiss lol

"Ears" isn't a legitimate source to compare neutrality. To compare neutrality, you need something else to compare it to, and if you compare it to beats, they're neutral, and compared to sony mdr-v6, they're not.

You can't simply know what neutral is unless you are listening to recordings of instruments played by you. Even then, there are other factors contributing to the sound sig. Graphs however, are unbiased and don't need anything to compare to.
Edited by Hapster - 5/28/14 at 11:26am
post #1461 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

"Big kiss".

Well at least it's obvious you're just trolling along. Take care now. Enjoy your "close to neutral" headphones. Lord knows what you'd consider "far from neutral". Probably just a subwoofer all by itself. rolleyes.gif
Bless you.
post #1462 of 1577
Everyone has diff hearing therefore the measurement is done by the freq chart.

YOU CANNOT base on your to judge if the headphone is neutral or close to neutral.

I've said before you need lot of experience in the highend gears to realize that d7100 has bad distortion at the lower freq.

People here don't get that.
I am not going to say anymore its like telling beats fanboys that beats hps are not worth $300.

You lose on this, not me.
Edited by Canadian411 - 5/28/14 at 12:34pm
post #1463 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

The response curves and my experience of using them through a Burson Conductor say otherwise. The D7100 has been called "Beats by Denon" for a reason. Look at that bass hump and then midrange drop!! That's SOOOO not neutral.

 

You can say you like them, sure, but calling them "neutral" isn't even a matter of opinion. It's just incorrect. They are ABSURDLY not neutral. That's like calling the Perfect Didos "neutral". Denon didn't even WANT neutral, they were aiming for a "music maniac" sound, hence the v-scoop.

Totally agree.  It's a fun headphone but I didn't find it pleasant for all genres that I listen to and that's why i didn't pick one up.  Needless to say I still enjoy my D600's for specific applications, mainly as my portable EDM cans.

post #1464 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

Apparently you missed the part where I said I listened to them. Good reading comprehension there, Jack.

He had the same problem in the SRH-1540 thread.  I think he's just trolling.

post #1465 of 1577

Neutral or natural, black background, and list goes on. These words have different meaning for every audiophile. People bashing these headphones looking at these stupid graphs and then connect own headphones to tube amps ;) or changing interconnects, for real ? If graphs and measurements would be end of the story, everyone would have O2 amp. But as we know graphs don't make enjoyable sound. Flat headphones or amps, like 02 is trying to be, same with DACs, 99% of them sound rather horrible.  

 

For me these headphones sound more like speakers. Lively, enjoyable with great authority, great bass extension and sparkling treble. Do they sound like live concert ? No! No headphones and speakers will ever on this planet be close to live music experience. They definitely don't sound as bad as people here are trying to prove. And done even start me on the price. Most of the audiophile targeted equipment is overpriced by a lot! 


Edited by MinedSafe - 5/28/14 at 1:03pm
post #1466 of 1577
The problem with headfi is if you stand by your opinion you are. Troll. One headphone th 1540 I liked but it had dry and not very engaging mids. I lie romantic, liquid mids thst have a nice creamy feeling. The 1540 is grainy, dry but still very good in other areas. I don't see what the issue is.

In term of my opinion of balanced or neutral I have my own songs I know well that I test. I found the D7100 to be boomy out of the box but lile my D600 they fall onto place. I don't find either too bass heavy but they both respond well to bass eq.

Both are a bit bright, the D600 more so. I think the mids are flat and the bass and treble is slightly pushed forward but not too bad. The D7100 is lush and warm while the D600 is a little colder.
post #1467 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDREEM View Post

The problem with headfi is if you stand by your opinion you are. Troll. One headphone th 1540 I liked but it had dry and not very engaging mids. I lie romantic, liquid mids thst have a nice creamy feeling. The 1540 is grainy, dry but still very good in other areas. I don't see what the issue is.

In term of my opinion of balanced or neutral I have my own songs I know well that I test. I found the D7100 to be boomy out of the box but lile my D600 they fall onto place. I don't find either too bass heavy but they both respond well to bass eq.

Both are a bit bright, the D600 more so. I think the mids are flat and the bass and treble is slightly pushed forward but not too bad. The D7100 is lush and warm while the D600 is a little colder.

No one has faulted you for your opinion on a set of headphones (that I have seen) but more about how you have been conversing with others.  For example, calling people "kiddo" or saying "big kiss".  I, for one, welcome contrasting opinions it gives me something to talk about.  Now I may not agree with them but that's life.

post #1468 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnie View Post

No one has faulted you for your opinion on a set of headphones (that I have seen) but more about how you have been conversing with others.  For example, calling people "kiddo" or saying "big kiss".  I, for one, welcome contrasting opinions it gives me something to talk about.  Now I may not agree with them but that's life.
I didn't know that people on here were so sensitive to a little joking around. Usually the winks and smiley faces I put are a sign of that. I've said it once and I will say it agsin, I don't take things seriously and I joke around.

I was called out for being. Possibly inexperienced and a troll for my comments regarding the sound. Now I'm pretty thick skinned but If I'm going to be called something it's gotta be accurate.

I said on the Shure thread about the dry sound and right away people got all defensive. Same on here,
post #1469 of 1577

I was the one who said I thought you were either inexperienced or trolling and it wasn't due to your perception of sound but how you were treating others'.  Remember this is a forum so no one knows your tone (or knows you for that matter) so it probably best to assume people will not get that you're joking unless you've gotten to know them on the forum.  Maybe saying "j/k" or something of that sort might possibly alleviate any further misunderstandings (just a suggestion).  Anyway back let's get back on topic.

 

These days I mainly use my TH900s on my main rig the most but I do reach for my D600s for any bedroom listening or tablet/phone listening around the house.

post #1470 of 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Everyone has diff hearing therefore the measurement is done by the freq chart.

YOU CANNOT base on your to judge if the headphone is neutral or close to neutral.

I've said before you need lot of experience in the highend gears to realize that d7100 has bad distortion at the lower freq.

People here don't get that.
I am not going to say anymore its like telling beats fanboys that beats hps are not worth $300.

You lose on this, not me.

About the distortion. I don't know what you are saying. I have years exp with HighEnd gear and can't hear any distortion.  Unless, like some people here, you have connected them to portable device . Then u could of heard the distortion. I had them connected to mobile devices and tablets ( have few at home ) despite what people here where saying. They sounded horrible off any portable device. Xperia Z, Nook HD+, iMac 2011, iPod Wolfson DAC- all same sh...ite. 

 

D7100 needs a lot of current. Because thats how they are build, with low impedance, thick coil, unglued edges of drivers and wooden housing, they can take 1800mW !!! almost 2 Wats ! HD650 can take 200mW max!  By this and by experience I know they need loads of current and SS Class A amp to sound best. I suppose most tube amps will have slight difficulty handling them because of harmonic distortion adding while pushing mids. The best amp as I think would be, SE Class A amp with "warm" sound signature ( Properly applied Class A does the job ). 

 

Currently I'm running them from my Modified Vintage Grundig V1700 ( 100ohm resistor only ) , transport, HeadRoom Dac,  and they sound absolutely stunning. While with Fiio 12 and Rega Ear MK II they where so so, not impressive not horribly bad. 

 

If you have years of experience with HighEnd gear you would notice immediately that D7100 needs proper amping, and very selective, difficult component matching. Like most of the floor standing HighEnd speakers.   

 

Amp I would choose for them: And suppose Ill buy one of them in next 3 weeks. 

 

Lake People 103 or 109 

Maybe Yulong A28 


Edited by MinedSafe - 5/28/14 at 2:17pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread