Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread - Page 88

post #1306 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

What's the amplifier that you have? What other headphones do you have ?

It's actually an integrated amplifier.  Onkyo A5-VL.  Not sure what the minimum recommended headphone impedance is (doesn't seem to be listed in the manual).  It  can drive 600ohm headphones though without a hitch.  Just wasn't sure what would happen if you put a pair of low impedance headphones in an amp that had a higher minimum requirement than what the headphones are capable of.  25ohm for the D600 is pretty freakin low.

post #1307 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoq View Post

It's actually an integrated amplifier.  Onkyo A5-VL.  Not sure what the minimum recommended headphone impedance is (doesn't seem to be listed in the manual).  It  can drive 600ohm headphones though without a hitch.  Just wasn't sure what would happen if you put a pair of low impedance headphones in an amp that had a higher minimum requirement than what the headphones are capable of.  25ohm for the D600 is pretty freakin low.

 

I can't really find any information about the Onkyo's headphone out, but I doubt that they would make it a really high output impedance. I don't think you'll run into issues with it. 

post #1308 of 1554

The new D340 appears to be the real bargain here at $299.  It sounds really good straight out of my iPhone 5.

Reply
post #1309 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

The new D340 appears to be the real bargain here at $299.  It sounds really good straight out of my iPhone 5.

How would you say it compares to the D600 in terms of mids and [especially] bass? Or overall against the M100's, since they're in the same price range?

post #1310 of 1554

I wish Denon would sell the D7100's stand separately, I'd get one for my D7000, and I bet many D5000/7000 owners would do the same as well :D

 

The D340 is interesting, it is priced well enough to be an Apple Stores and compete with P5 or Momentum. I hope to see Denon cans there some days, and the higher-ups or V-Moda as well. 

post #1311 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

The new D340 appears to be the real bargain here at $299.  It sounds really good straight out of my iPhone 5.

Any update on a review between the 3 of them?

post #1312 of 1554

looks like this thread is dead. so to say goodbye.....one last thing - i have changed my somewhat harsh original opinion on these headphones (d600).

 

they are comfy

they have an enjoyable thump (a bit rougher and tougher than the d2000)

i guess they are a bit dark, like myself

i even think they look good, unlike myself

 

 

at the time i thought they were overpriced (got mine for $420, because i couldn't wait 2 weeks for the $349 price - still not over that).  now my sickness has progressed to the point i've "wasted" money several times due to my insatiable curiosity

 

i remember when they used to have stereo stores and a girl could demo a thingy or two. now alas, everything is internet dating.  have you noticed the glowing reviews for everything ever produced?  i have.

 

goodnight.

post #1313 of 1554
Quote:

Originally Posted by madbird View Post
 

have you noticed the glowing reviews for everything ever produced?  i have.

 

Not all reviews are glowing.  For example, I didn't think my review of the Eskuche 33 1/3 was very positive:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/630148/rhas-new-sa950i-is-gonna-be-in-apple-stores#post_8838646

post #1314 of 1554
Poor thread
post #1315 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pocketdeuces View Post

Poor thread


Goes with the generally poor line of headphones.

post #1316 of 1554

The Denon AH-D600 was actually quite good, and one can see that from going over the thread.

 

It came out overpriced but then settled into a price range that fit the headphone quality/sound.

The D7100 was basically the same sound but way overpriced. The D400 had to much of a bloated bass (correct me if I'm wrong).

 

I have the D600 and they compare quite well with headphones in the same $300-$400 price range.

 

Granted, the D600 is not for everyone, and certainly not neutral the way that term is used here at head-fi, but they give plenty of detail in the music, have a very fun sort of sound that works well with contemporary rock/club/electronic music and are very comfortable. I use mine at work, as they also isolate very well. 

 

If you can give them an audition, certainly do, you may find yourself enjoying them for what they are.

 

I think part of the problem with this line is that people got put off by their looks. Then the sound wasn't quite the same as the original D2000-D7000 series of headphones, even though I do believe the D600 sounds better than the Denon D2000.

 

Just my .02$

post #1317 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

The Denon AH-D600 was actually quite good, and one can see that from going over the thread.

 

It came out overpriced but then settled into a price range that fit the headphone quality/sound.

The D7100 was basically the same sound but way overpriced. The D400 had to much of a bloated bass (correct me if I'm wrong).

 

I have the D600 and they compare quite well with headphones in the same $300-$400 price range.

 

Granted, the D600 is not for everyone, and certainly not neutral the way that term is used here at head-fi, but they give plenty of detail in the music, have a very fun sort of sound that works well with contemporary rock/club/electronic music and are very comfortable. I use mine at work, as they also isolate very well. 

 

If you can give them an audition, certainly do, you may find yourself enjoying them for what they are.

 

I think part of the problem with this line is that people got put off by their looks. Then the sound wasn't quite the same as the original D2000-D7000 series of headphones, even though I do believe the D600 sounds better than the Denon D2000.

 

Just my .02$

 

I agree with this.  If the new Denon line had of been manufactured by a new startup company, it would have been far more successful and less criticized.  It's the fact that the majority of people are comparing it to the old Denon line and are not happy with the changes.

 

I find for movies, electronica, games, etc. I reach for the D600s more often than any of my other headphones (with the exception of the K550 which I use for positional audio in large scale FPS games) primarily because they do not sound horrible, they have really good bass for those applications, are comfortable, and if I break them I'm not too worried about being able to replace them financially. 

 

It helps that I got them for $250 new, but still, if you can get them for around $300 the D600s are definitely worth a listen - ESPECIALLY if you like quality bass.  It's obviously not going to be TH-900, LCD-2, or HE-500 bass, but it is better than the alternatives at that price point as said by Carlsan.

post #1318 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

The new D340 appears to be the real bargain here at $299.  It sounds really good straight out of my iPhone 5.

How is the Denon AH-D7100 coming along. I saw your video on youtube and was so impressed by the presentation that I bought them on the spot. My main concern is with the resonance that the headphones present on certain tracks. I am about 40 hrs into the burn-in process do you think the sound is going to change much now. I have seen changes within 10 hrs with the bass but since then things seem to have settled down. Looking forward to your opinion and I really enjoy your youtube channel.

post #1319 of 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

The Denon AH-D600 was actually quite good, and one can see that from going over the thread.

 

It came out overpriced but then settled into a price range that fit the headphone quality/sound.

The D7100 was basically the same sound but way overpriced. The D400 had to much of a bloated bass (correct me if I'm wrong).

 

I have the D600 and they compare quite well with headphones in the same $300-$400 price range.

 

Granted, the D600 is not for everyone, and certainly not neutral the way that term is used here at head-fi, but they give plenty of detail in the music, have a very fun sort of sound that works well with contemporary rock/club/electronic music and are very comfortable. I use mine at work, as they also isolate very well. 

 

If you can give them an audition, certainly do, you may find yourself enjoying them for what they are.

 

I think part of the problem with this line is that people got put off by their looks. Then the sound wasn't quite the same as the original D2000-D7000 series of headphones, even though I do believe the D600 sounds better than the Denon D2000.

 

Just my .02$

 

 

i didn't like the D600 when i tried it, i thought it was decent, but not in the 300-400 price range, as every headphone i've owned in this price range outperforms it by a quite a good margin (dt 880/990, pro 900, hd 600/650, akg k701, sr325). it was OK though, it compares well to the sennheiser 500 series as the k550 and a few other options in this price range, beating them in bass.

 

 

if the d600 was more like 200-225$, it would be a much better deal (at 200 dollars probably a steal), with the D2000 being slightly better cause of the bass, and more expensive options like the D5000/D7000 blowing it out of the water.

post #1320 of 1554

Since the D600s are down to $323 on Amazon, I decided to demo them at Best Buy today. I absolutely loved the sound, but hated the comfort. While the ear cups were soft and spacious, there was very little clamp on my average-sized head, causing all the weight to be supported by headband. Since the headband is also poorly shaped and way too narrow, the weight isn't distributed properly and leaves a painful pressure point at the top of my head. I spent a good amount of time trying to get the perfect fit, but nothing worked.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread