Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread - Page 86

post #1276 of 1512
Brighter? Really. I had the momentum on my radar, but now thinking it may not be for me. Bright is the last word I would use with the d600. In fact, they are on the smooth non fatiguing side. The treble is also a little subdued and could use a little more quantity. Not sure I would want something that sounds darker than the d600.
post #1277 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyrn View Post

Brighter? Really. I had the momentum on my radar, but now thinking it may not be for me. Bright is the last word I would use with the d600. In fact, they are on the smooth non fatiguing side. The treble is also a little subdued and could use a little more quantity. Not sure I would want something that sounds darker than the d600.

 

The D600 is a strange headphone with regards to treble. The lower treble is a bit subdued like you say (much more so than the Momentum here), but higher up (6-7kHz maybe) things are significantly brighter. The D600 also has a sharpness to it that is non-present on the Momentum. 

post #1278 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyrn View Post

Bright is the last word I would use with the d600. In fact, they are on the smooth non fatiguing side. The treble is also a little subdued and could use a little more quantity. Not sure I would want something that sounds darker than the d600.

+1

post #1279 of 1512

well, i've had a couple months with these (denon 600), and i must say i do like them.  i've gone back and forth on these thingies.  BUT, at least, they are very comfortable as were the 000s (i have the d2000 also)  comfort is essential, because when these go on my tiny head, they stay on there for many many hours.  i was pretty interested in picking up those new m100s for some fun-ness, but i got scared of the clamp.  i had to part ways with my ath m50s, (even though i loved their sound, build quality and value) because they crushed my tiny head.  i have a tiny head.

 

i guess the graphs are bad but really, i can't understand those graphs anyway....guns and butter or something.  charts and graphs, lots of laughs.

 

the treble does seem weirdly stifled, but i prefer that to a "changling bag of dimes" of cheaper headphones.  

 

just as an aside, because it just occured to me, a friend let me listen to his new incase around the ear phones (this was whenever they were unleashed at the apple stores).  we agreed they were very comfy, although i found them ever-so slightly clampy.  oh yeah the point of this was, they had the nastiest treble. it actually hurt daddy's ears. shrill in spots.  other than that, they sounded quite good.  also, they literally stopped working on left side when i was demo-ing them.  that got me no points with my friend.

post #1280 of 1512

AH-D600's are on Amazon Warehouse deals. "Very Good" for $276 and "like new" $282.  Let's see if they are worth the price.


Edited by giedrys - 1/22/13 at 7:01am
post #1281 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedrys View Post

AH-D600's are on Amazon Warehouse deals. "Very Good" for $276 and "like new" $282.  Let's see if they are worth the price.

 

Those prices have been there for a few weeks. Every few days they drop in price a couple bucks. Of course it is amazon, so you'll have an easier time returning them. 

post #1282 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

Those prices have been there for a few weeks. Every few days they drop in price a couple bucks. Of course it is amazon, so you'll have an easier time returning them. 

 



No they weren't. Unless of course $50 difference is pocket change for you. And why would you assume that I will return them? I mean it's possible, but that's for me to decide.


Edited by giedrys - 1/22/13 at 10:30am
post #1283 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedrys View Post

AH-D600's are on Amazon Warehouse deals. "Very Good" for $276 and "like new" $282.  Let's see if they are worth the price.

 

I really like my D600's, they have a fun signature that makes them really lively. Nice low end, solid mids, and good highs.

Slight u shape in the sound signature (to my ears anyway), but in the workplace they provide a really nice sound that doesn't get in the way or one's production.

 

They are very comfortable and block out outside noise well. As I stated, I use them in the workplace where open back cans would not be an option.

 

 

Hope you like them if you pull the trigger.

post #1284 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

 

I really like my D600's, they have a fun signature that makes them really lively. Nice low end, solid mids, and good highs.

Slight u shape in the sound signature (to my ears anyway), but in the workplace they provide a really nice sound that doesn't get in the way or one's production.

 

They are very comfortable and block out outside noise well. As I stated, I use them in the workplace where open back cans would not be an option.

 

 

Hope you like them if you pull the trigger.


Thanks! Ordered, can't wait to compare them to Momentums.

post #1285 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedrys View Post


No they weren't. Unless of course $50 difference is pocket change for you. And why would you assume that I will return them? I mean it's possible, but that's for me to decide.

 

The open box prices for these have been pretty low. A few days ago 3 different retailers had open box prices at $260.  Not assuming you'll return them, but if you do, amazon is very easy with returns. 

post #1286 of 1512

FYI, there are new Music Maniac and Urban Raver headphones for 2013.  I got the MM today and in queue for the Urban Raver.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/647881/new-denon-music-maniac-ah-d340-299-unboxing-and-impression-to-come

Reply
post #1287 of 1512

I just went to buy buy and they have the D600's to listen to on their wall of headphones (in the home theater section). i was there for a while checking out the denon as well as some of the other headphones (hd 558, some audio technica crap, and k550, and a few others), 

 

They definitely are less fatiguing than the old denon d2000 and d7000, there is no sibilance or brightness in the treble. this was probably the thing that i enjoyed about them the most, they're forgiving and not harsh. they have a decent midrange, its not recessed like before and tends to sound more open and forward than the older models with good details, however, its not as coherent as i wanted it to be. also, in exchange, it becomes a bit more sterile and less musical, theres no euphonic warmth like in the d7000s.  as for the bass, its more punchy and is pretty tight (though still on the bloatier side of things) with decent sub-bass as the other denons (these don't seem to go as deep though but im not sure yet), bass also lacks texture and tends to be a bit one-noted. i guess u can say the bass vs the d2000 is better, but vs. 5000/7000, a step down.  overall though, the sound is decent, not too grainy sounding, not overly smooth. 

 

theyre pretty comfy and decent build too, though maybe a little too plasticky, though its a good quality plastic. the cable also is nicer than the old cables, its thicker and more sturdy, and they're detachable. i think they're a good purchase if u can get them used or open box for 250ish. at full price though, overpriced. 


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 1/25/13 at 6:32pm
post #1288 of 1512
I think you're spot on in your assessment
post #1289 of 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

I just went to buy buy and they have the D600's to listen to on their wall of headphones (in the home theater section). i was there for a while checking out the denon as well as some of the other headphones (hd 558, some audio technica crap, and k550, and a few others), 

 

They definitely are less fatiguing than the old denon d2000 and d7000, there is no sibilance or brightness in the treble. this was probably the thing that i enjoyed about them the most, they're forgiving and not harsh. they have a decent midrange, its not recessed like before and tends to sound more open and forward than the older models with good details, however, its not as coherent as i wanted it to be. also, in exchange, it becomes a bit more sterile and less musical, theres no euphonic warmth like in the d7000s.  as for the bass, its more punchy and is pretty tight (though still on the bloatier side of things) with decent sub-bass as the other denons (these don't seem to go as deep though but im not sure yet), bass also lacks texture and tends to be a bit one-noted. i guess u can say the bass vs the d2000 is better, but vs. 5000/7000, a step down.  overall though, the sound is decent, not too grainy sounding, not overly smooth. 

 

theyre pretty comfy and decent build too, though maybe a little too plasticky, though its a good quality plastic. the cable also is nicer than the old cables, its thicker and more sturdy, and they're detachable. i think they're a good purchase if u can get them used or open box for 250ish. at full price though, overpriced. 

 

I didn't wanna say something because it seems that the dissenting voices are the popular opinion here, but that's what I thought of them when I tried them on the BB stands. From even that setting, I preferred them to the D2000, which I didn't really like in the first place (heresy, I know). I didn't like the mids, but they were less distant than the D2000, but were somehow less involving. I actually felt they sounded like a dual driver system in a way, because the bass presentation had a different coloration than the mids and treble. If they ever get to $200, I'd be tempted to buy a pair to mod.

post #1290 of 1512

Got D600 to compare to Momentums and what a nice surprise after hearing all that bashing! First impression is quite positive-packaging, build quality, comfort, isolation. SQ is definitely not worse that my beloved D2000. Same goes when compared to Momentums- It won't be easy to choose between them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread