Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread - Page 70

post #1036 of 1552

Burn in is probably more about getting your auditory system used to the peculiarities of equipment rather than changing the equipment itself. What does not sound right to you to begin with may sound ok or great after your ears and brain learn to compensate.

post #1037 of 1552

What's up guys,

 

My friend purchased the D600 and the D7100 last week and he let me borrow them to compare to one another and to my D5Ks. From what I can tell the new series is not up to par with the older. The warmth and the richness is gone along with the recession of the bass compared to the D5ks. The bass almost sounds artificial. And both the D600 and the D7100 sound almost identical. They also seem to color the sound in a way. I am no expert, just a headphone enthusiast.

 

Sincerely,  

post #1038 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestryGleason View Post

What's up guys,

 

My friend purchased the D600 and the D7100 last week and he let me borrow them to compare to one another and to my D5Ks. From what I can tell the new series is not up to par with the older. The warmth and the richness is gone along with the recession of the bass compared to the D5ks. The bass almost sounds artificial. And both the D600 and the D7100 sound almost identical. They also seem to color the sound in a way. I am no expert, just a headphone enthusiast.

 

Sincerely,  

 

Hi There! 

 

I see you have a low post count, so if no one has said it, "Welcome to head-fi!" 

 

Thanks for your analytical comments of the two. I think 'artificial' is a great word to describe what I thought of the D7100's bass. I just couldn't think of that word.

post #1039 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

Hi There! 

 

I see you have a low post count, so if no one has said it, "Welcome to head-fi!" 

 

Thanks for your analytical comments of the two. I think 'artificial' is a great word to describe what I thought of the D7100's bass. I just couldn't think of that word.

 

Well thank you! 

 

I wish that Denon wouldn't have chosen this direction with this new line of headphones. Just seems lazy in my opinion. And like most people have been saying on the forums, they are aiming for the Dr Dre crowd. Which is pitiful. Oh well though.

 

Sincerely, 

post #1040 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

I think 'artificial' is a great word to describe what I thought of the D7100's bass. I just couldn't think of that word.

+2- exactly my feeling about the bass and the ONLY reason I returned them.

post #1041 of 1552

Personally I find the D600 bass more tight than the D5000, which i always found had a bit boomy bass. 

post #1042 of 1552

That's just sad. I was set that these will be my new fav closed headphones with good isolation and comfort to replace my beloved D2000's. And now this...

 

I'm still thinking to get them once the prices are down. Fingers crossed that most of you are wrongbiggrin.gif

 

Just the way it was with "legendary" Grado HF2. After so many praises here on Head-Fi I was so excited to finally score a pair... only to return them a month later. Talking about overpriced and uncomfortable piece of equipment!

post #1043 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedrys View Post

That's just sad. I was set that these will be my new fav closed headphones with good isolation and comfort to replace my beloved D2000's. And now this...

 

I'm still thinking to get them once the prices are down. Fingers crossed that most of you are wrongbiggrin.gif

 

Just the way it was with "legendary" Grado HF2. After so many praises here on Head-Fi I was so excited to finally score a pair... only to return them a month later. Talking about overpriced and uncomfortable piece of equipment!

 

Whaaaa? I can't argue with the comfort, but I rather enjoyed the sound of the HF-2 awhile back. Thought it was a really fun pair to own. 

post #1044 of 1552

Well, I new to this and spending this kind of money on headphones. The D600, compared to what I have been listening to is much better. I also compared them to the D2000 and like the D600 better. That said, I still could not see paying $499 for them. I am returning them BUT picking up a new set from fumfie.com for $349.97. I think that is a much better price. Now they have not shipped yet, so someone there me if there is something better out there for that price. PLEASE

post #1045 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfit9 View Post

Well, I new to this and spending this kind of money on headphones. The D600, compared to what I have been listening to is much better. I also compared them to the D2000 and like the D600 better. That said, I still could not see paying $499 for them. I am returning them BUT picking up a new set from fumfie.com for $349.97. I think that is a much better price. Now they have not shipped yet, so someone there me if there is something better out there for that price. PLEASE

 

If you don't need a closed pair of headphones and you have decent amplification, the 'Mad Dog' headphones or the HE-400 are pretty good wins

post #1046 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

If you don't need a closed pair of headphones and you have decent amplification, the 'Mad Dog' headphones or the HE-400 are pretty good wins


The Mad Dog isn't closed?

post #1047 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


The Mad Dog isn't closed?

 

They are pretty much closed, but not totally sealed like the K550 or new denons. There is some leakage that happens (not from the pads but from the cups)

post #1048 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

They are pretty much closed, but not totally sealed like the K550 or new denons. There is some leakage that happens (not from the pads but from the cups)


Okay, thanks.  Do you know if orthodynamic headphones are at a natural disadvantage regarding bass punch compared to dynamic drivers?  I'm considering the new Mad Dogs with Dog Pads as my "neutral can" but would also like some bass for modern music.

post #1049 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Okay, thanks.  Do you know if orthodynamic headphones are at a natural disadvantage regarding bass punch compared to dynamic drivers?  I'm considering the new Mad Dogs with Dog Pads as my "neutral can" but would also like some bass for modern music.

 

I'm not sure what you want by "bass". If you're looking for something with a little bass bloom, orthos aren't the way to go. Orthos are generally very tight and controlled with bass. The Mad Dogs have bass that can go down, but it's very controlled and balanced by the rest of the spectrum, so it's not overpowered. 

post #1050 of 1552

-1 for Mad Dogs as top new "closed" phones then. What's left besides Momentums?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread