Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread - Page 69

post #1021 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post


Denon and the driver manufacturer for the old dxxxx line, Fostex, had a falling out. So Denon could not have continued making them even if they wanted to.

 

 

A real shame. I was a big fan of their sound :(
 


Edited by miow - 9/20/12 at 11:35am
post #1022 of 1552

The D600 is a good headphone, especially for portable on-the-go use, but it is just not for me, So i have decided to sell mine. I just cant bring my self to justify keeping them along with my D5000, and they lack the warmth and richness of the D5000 sound, so they cant replace them either

 

Check out my sig for a link to the D600 classified if you are interested(selling them for 400$).

post #1023 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

 

 

A real shame. I was a big fan of their sound :(
 


+1, Denon is being left in the dust with several of the new competitors coming out.  I thought their lifestyle lines were a good concept that was poorly executed.  For example, the D400 was designed to compete with Beats.  With the Denon name behind them and a $400 price tag, they should have.  Beats and every other rapper can is actually vastly superior to the D400.  The best value/sound ratio of the bunch is the D600, but even that fell short of expectation.  Maybe Denon could recoup their losses by writing a book on how to ruin a brand.

post #1024 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk1410 View Post

The D600 is a good headphone, especially for portable on-the-go use, but it is just not for me, So i have decided to sell mine. I just cant bring my self to justify keeping them along with my D5000, and they lack the warmth and richness of the D5000 sound, so they cant replace them either

 

Check out my sig for a link to the D600 classified if you are interested(selling them for 400$).

 

Hey NO COPYING!!!!

 

LOL!

post #1025 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


+1, Denon is being left in the dust with several of the new competitors coming out.

Who's leaving them in the dust? Momentums perhaps? Nothing else is released yet so can you leave someone in the dust if your are not even on the road yet?

post #1026 of 1552

BMW used to build lightweight, nimble sport sedans - have you driven a 3-Series lately?

 

Let's face it, there aren't enough audiophiles out there to support a company the size of Denon. They are building headphones that the market wants - headphones that will sell.

post #1027 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedrys View Post

Who's leaving them in the dust? Momentums perhaps? Nothing else is released yet so can you leave someone in the dust if your are not even on the road yet?


It seems that many, including myself, have either returned or are selling what is considered to be the "MVP" of the new lineup, the D600.  There is also a poll here regarding anticipation for new closed headphone releases and the D400 justifiably doesn't have a single vote.  Denon established a solid reputation for producing audiophile headphones with their Dxxxx line.  Many would agree that reputation has been tarnished based on their current offerings.

 

Momentum is a good example as it is receiving a much higher percentage of positive reviews compared to the D600.  Also, the first limited production run of V-Moda's M-100 ships next week.  Only one preview, but Steve Guttenberg gave this an excellent first impression.  Additionally, several have commented that Mad Dogs are superior to the D600, even before the new version with Dog Pads ships in a week or so, plus new lines launching from Yamaha and AKG Tiesto that look promising.  Denon was the early bird with their launch, but I don't believe they caught the worm.

post #1028 of 1552

I think the "many, including yourself," might be selling these headphones too soon.

 

A friend here

http://yklee118.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-denon-ah-d600-worthy-replacement-of.html

says that the sound drastically is increased by a very long burn-in time, and eventually surpasses the sound from the lovable ole 5ks.

 

I'm getting these headphones soon, I'll be sure to burn them in every night if it takes 800+ hours to get them to their potential.

post #1029 of 1552

hehehe I love when people talk about burn-in...

 

From that review:

 

Quote:
The D7100 has a very neutral tonal quality that allows music to flow smoothly throughout the entire frequency response range.

 

Yeah...

Anyway, mine have been burning in for a month+... still the same sound to my ears so... there you go. You can buy them from me if you want! LOL!!! Maybe you can keep burning them in and they will sound better than anything you have ever heard...


Edited by gelocks - 9/21/12 at 11:43pm
post #1030 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

hehehe I love when people talk about burn-in...

 

From that review:

 

 

Yeah...

Anyway, mine have been burning in for a month+... still the same sound to my ears so... there you go. You can buy them from me if you want! LOL!!! Maybe you can keep burning them in and they will sound better than anything you have ever heard...

 

Unfortunately a lot of people purchased these headphone who are fairly new on the scene, and for them this was one of their early purchases. These definitely have a 'new product' appeal, that I think a lot of people jumped on. Unfortunately, I think that may be the case with the blog.

post #1031 of 1552

Burn in is underrated. I buy 1000 phones at a time, burn them in for a month and then sell them for a huge profit. My customers are delighted and I am sending 4 kids to college!


Edited by Hooster - 9/22/12 at 2:47am
post #1032 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooster View Post

Burn in is underrated. I buy 1000 phones at a time, burn them in for a month and then sell them for a huge profit. My customers are delighted and I am sending 4 kids to college!


Good for you sir, but you could become an oracle predicting the future by throwing chicken bones into a fire and make some money that way.

This is not meant to be offensive, if it was... I'm sorry I guess. The point is -> neither does achieve anything... but there will be customers anyway.

post #1033 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by roBernd View Post


Good for you sir, but you could become an oracle predicting the future by throwing chicken bones into a fire and make some money that way.

This is not meant to be offensive, if it was... I'm sorry I guess. The point is -> neither does achieve anything... but there will be customers anyway.

 

No offense. As they say, one is born every day...

post #1034 of 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

Unfortunately a lot of people purchased these headphone who are fairly new on the scene, and for them this was one of their early purchases. These definitely have a 'new product' appeal, that I think a lot of people jumped on. Unfortunately, I think that may be the case with the blog.


One could do worse for an early headphone purchase than the D600 :)

post #1035 of 1552

I accept that burn in may change a headphone driver for the better, but in all my years, I've never heard a significant change with any of the headphones I've owned--and I've owned a lot of headphones. Furthermore, the changes I perceived with the hd650 or the D2000, say, were certainly subtle enough.   Nevertheless, I subjected the D600 to around 150 hours of burn-in and I could hear no changes whatsoever. With that said, I must confess: I'm no golden-eared audiophile. I'm just a good old-fashioned, run of the mill headphone enthusiast. 


Edited by Madmollusk - 9/22/12 at 9:38am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread