I bought my Denon AH-D7100 about a week ago. And love the sound. They do need some burn-in time to settle down. I am now at about 70 hrs and they are awesome. They dont make me miss my speakers. They sound great from my iPad Mini with the provided iPod/iPhone remote wire. The stand that comes with these headphones is great £100 in value easily. I am really impressed at the packaging they would make a great impression as gift for someone. The Soundstage on these closed headphones is unbelievable, they sound like open headphones. The detail and clarity is all there as you would expect from a quality product.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/28/12
- productDenon AH-C300 Urban RaverTM In-Ear Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 8/28/12
- productDenon AH-C400tagged by System, 8/28/12
- productDenon AH-D400tagged by System, 8/28/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 8/28/12
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by System, 8/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from D2000 to D600 or even D7100 a worthwhile upgrade? Last post on 3/20/13 at 3:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D 5000 headphones MarkL mods Last post on 4/11/13 at 12:05am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- WANTED Denon AH-D 2000 Cable Last post on 1/2/13 at 4:44pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Which Amp/DAC should I use for my new Denon AH-D7100? Any advice appreciated! Thanks Last post on 7/11/13 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Appreciation Thread - Page 89
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i have a tiny head and i find the clamp to be significant, but not too much. for example ath m50s = head crushers, m audio q40's = vice grips, d2000 = loosely perfect,
d600 = tighter, perfect -1
i think you may have gotten a worked over, stretched out DEMO pair experience. think about all the riff-raff messing with them. were they in good shape?
when i go to best buy it looks like they might be shooting an episode of the walking dead there.
Since the D600s are down to $323 on Amazon, I decided to demo them at Best Buy today. I absolutely loved the sound, but hated the comfort. While the ear cups were soft and spacious, there was very little clamp on my average-sized head, causing all the weight to be supported by headband. Since the headband is also poorly shaped and way too narrow, the weight isn't distributed properly and leaves a painful pressure point at the top of my head. I spent a good amount of time trying to get the perfect fit, but nothing worked.
Beware, average-sized heads, D600 will be just nicely fit on your head at tightest adjustment. I don't have any sensation of pain or discomfort wearing them though. Just that I cant find them comfortable enough due to their big size.
If they are down to $299 on amazon, I will say go for it. Thinking about it, I paid the initial retail price of $499 for it. To think D2000 is going near $500 on amazon, D600 is worth a shot at current price. I prefer D600 (particularly when driven by Asgard) to D2000. Your opinion may vary though. They are very different phones and offer different sound sigs.
Yeah we definitely need to stop comparing these to the old line. It helps a lot in appreciating them. It's not the same headphone and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. I like my D600s.
I just wish they continued the old line along side the new line.
That's a great price for the D600.
Ermm... guys... you DO know that you can get them from Crutchfield Outlet at $270 (open box which it's really almost new!)
Also, since it's crutchfield, you get excellent service, free shipping and... oh... ohhh... I think that there are codes/coupons online for first time customers that will probably work for a $20 bucks off...
I've read all the thread, and I don't understand all the bashing to the new Denon line. I mean, I really love the classic look of the Dxxx line but I don't think the new headphones look like Beats, not even the materials used are similar. I think that the new design might be targeted to a younger crowd though; but that's all. I find the D600 a very good looking headphone
Also I was looking at this image of the D7000:
The driver is advertised as "Freed edge" and "Micro fiber diaphragm" almost the same as the Free edge "Nano" fiber driver of the D600/7100 (below)
They look identical! I'm not completely sure of course, but I'd say that Foster/Fostex is still providing Denon with their free edge drivers, and the design of the headphones was in charge of an american team (as someone suggested in other thread)... maybe?
Edited by alucard177 - 3/27/13 at 6:22pm
I finally got to try a pair for a while. They didn't leave too much of an impression on me. The bass wasn't nearly as offensive as I thought it would be, but the treble was kind of peaky and the mids were really, really dry sounding. But...they aren't that bad. I like them more than from what I remember about the D2000. I'd pay about $250 for them.
Well, I head down to the store to audition the D600 and D7100 with some other cans a week or two ago. Well, these are my findings. The D600 for some reason sounds boxed-in, anybody share the same experience? For the D7100, the boxed-iness is gone and the bass got heavier and compared to warm cans like the hd650, i may say they are dry but I prefer saying cool (opp. of warm). The bass is great, the sense of openness is kinda remarkable for a closed can but I was turned off by the coolness, I like warm cans. However, I would def. giv the d7.1k another shot along with the D600.
Now to amp them and start burn in.
I find it hard to believe anyone not liking these, but we all hear differently. I hated the Mad Dogs as much as I like these so I get it I guess.
- New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-X 49 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 49 seconds ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Nov 4th 2013 and feature poll... 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone with Experience with Sony PCM D1 or D50 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › AK120 in mint condition with case accessories 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PCM-D50 as DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi