Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Map Your Setup! (It's Time To Get Charty) Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Map Your Setup! (It's Time To Get Charty) Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slivortal View Post


What's up with those double loops?

 

ssrock64 encouraged creative freedom and that's what I've utilized.

post #17 of 27
Thread Starter 

I'll be posting my new setups as soon as possible. I just need to get some time to the side.

post #18 of 27

This is my current setup. Changes all the time but I really like where it is for the $ I put into it. Bigger triangles = used more often.

 

1000

post #19 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstige View Post

This is my current setup. Changes all the time but I really like where it is for the $ I put into it. Bigger triangles = used more often.

 

1000


Nice way to visualize it all! Did you use the same site as most of us?

post #20 of 27
Thread Starter 

Here's my new setup. My recent move has put me in a new place that, while tight on space compared to my old place, came with a few perks like a built-in 5.1 system for DVD and TV watching in the living room. I had no room for my turntable in my bedroom setup, so I just migrated it out there, too.

 

In worse news, my bedroom is now too small to hold everything I wanted it to, so I had to get rid of some musical instruments and an entire rack of Mid-Fi gear. I now have three distinct setups if you count my portables. I also forgot to include the two outdoor speakers that are wired up to the Kawasaki and are out on my deck for entertaining, but they're generic brand and I haven't even bothered to use them yet so I don't feel like going back and putting them on there.

 

1000

post #21 of 27

Thanks! And no, I just made it in LibreOffice Draw. Very envious of your Koss ESP btw :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post


Nice way to visualize it all! Did you use the same site as most of us?

post #22 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstige View Post

Thanks! And no, I just made it in LibreOffice Draw. Very envious of your Koss ESP btw :)

On Linux? I didn't think to make mine in Draw, actually, though I have the program.

 

My ESP/950 is my second least practical headphone, but I absolutely adore its sound signature. It may be outdated and technically outclassed by similarly-priced competitiors nowadays, but it has such a unique sound that I don't think I could live without it and still enjoy much of my collection.

post #23 of 27

Yes, in Linux :) Interesting comments about the ESP -- what about the sound makes it unique?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

On Linux? I didn't think to make mine in Draw, actually, though I have the program.

 

My ESP/950 is my second least practical headphone, but I absolutely adore its sound signature. It may be outdated and technically outclassed by similarly-priced competitiors nowadays, but it has such a unique sound that I don't think I could live without it and still enjoy much of my collection.

post #24 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstige View Post

Yes, in Linux :) Interesting comments about the ESP -- what about the sound makes it unique?

The fact that the design of its transducer is radically different in some key areas from Stax means that is has all the general characteristics of great electrostatic headphones (incomprehensible amounts of detail, realistic space and positioning that, while not as wide as some dynamics, is much more accurate, etc.) while also having a touch of a warm sound signature. It's everything I wish my HD600 had been when I bought it. There's no mud in its sound signature, but it's in no way cold and lifeless like, say, the SR009.

 

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 currently with a number of shells (Unity, GNOME 3, LXDE), though on my old netbook I used #! Linux.

post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 

In a vain attempt to get this thread going again, I must mention that I no longer have the absolutely horrible L.K.G. Industries PRE600 as my pre-amp.

post #26 of 27
Thread Starter 

Here's the revised setup. I also got a new receiver/CD player combo in the living room.

 

 

1000

post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

This was taken apart and dispersed across three rooms recently, but here:


The reason for all of the returns is to add additional decoding hardware and features. The audio signal really did go into the A3090, out to the AC500D, process, and return for amplification. This thing was a nightmare to wire up. The "slave" PC had a TV tuner in it as well; monitors were shared via network utilities. "Normal PC Monitors" was four displays before I broke it apart, and I didn't include the expanded view with the wired network and S-AIR distribution system. Oh, forgot to include the presence effects speakers, and the two universal remotes that controlled this. redface.gif

Do I win? tongue_smile.gif

Obob, I meant to ask you when you posted this why you have two distinct setups running to your different 'stats. Does the Kenwood really work better with your ESP/10?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Map Your Setup! (It's Time To Get Charty) Thread