I currently have a headroom micro stack with astrodyne power supplies with my grado sr 325s. I'm considering getting the hd 650s. the stack should run it fine, right? Also, are there any other headphones you would recommend around the price range?
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productHeadRoom ultra micro amp/dac stacktagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best sounding cans with amazing bass? Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice requested: looking to purchase headphones up £250 (around $370) Last post on 5/20/13 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really have no excuse to buy new headphones in the future. Last post on 9/21/12 at 2:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Micro stack to run hd 650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 37/30/12 at 6:12ampost #3 of 37/30/12 at 9:39am
That's a nice match with the HD-650 and I even preferred it over the Asgard I previously had.
I actually bought the Micro Amp just for the HD-650 and K702 (currently using Q701).
Another perfect headphone for the Micro Stack is the Q701. D2000 is also quite good.
I don't think there's a headphone that sounds bad from the Micro that i've heard. Not due to the amp I mean.
BTW that even made my old DT-770 600 sound amazing. I had the bass light version (not really bad light, but compared to some versions).
- Micro stack to run hd 650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Worst headphones you've ever heard? / Low-fi experiences? 9 seconds ago
- › Logitech UE6000 20 seconds ago
- › My Little Pony Discussion thread 48 seconds ago
- › Open headphones.. 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 $125 1 minute ago
- › Will this amp make much of a difference? 2 minutes ago
- › B&W 7 - Cheaper alternative with Similar Sound ? 2 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 2 minutes ago
- › DAP advice please 3 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)