I currently have a headroom micro stack with astrodyne power supplies with my grado sr 325s. I'm considering getting the hd 650s. the stack should run it fine, right? Also, are there any other headphones you would recommend around the price range?
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productHeadRoom ultra micro amp/dac stacktagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best sounding cans with amazing bass? Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice requested: looking to purchase headphones up £250 (around $370) Last post on 5/20/13 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really have no excuse to buy new headphones in the future. Last post on 9/21/12 at 2:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Micro stack to run hd 650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 37/30/12 at 6:12ampost #3 of 37/30/12 at 9:39am
That's a nice match with the HD-650 and I even preferred it over the Asgard I previously had.
I actually bought the Micro Amp just for the HD-650 and K702 (currently using Q701).
Another perfect headphone for the Micro Stack is the Q701. D2000 is also quite good.
I don't think there's a headphone that sounds bad from the Micro that i've heard. Not due to the amp I mean.
BTW that even made my old DT-770 600 sound amazing. I had the bass light version (not really bad light, but compared to some versions).
- Micro stack to run hd 650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Do I have too many headphones? (Just saying Hi! But with poll...) 2 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 20 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 46 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 50 seconds ago
- › Fidue A83 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Jaybird Bluebuds X still the best bluetooth earphones? Who has the... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2