I currently have a headroom micro stack with astrodyne power supplies with my grado sr 325s. I'm considering getting the hd 650s. the stack should run it fine, right? Also, are there any other headphones you would recommend around the price range?
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productHeadRoom ultra micro amp/dac stacktagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really have no excuse to buy new headphones in the future. Last post on 9/21/12 at 2:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Went from AKG K702 to HD650 but would HD600 be better? Last post on 9/7/12 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- So far, disappointed with AKG Q701. Last post on 5/20/14 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Micro stack to run hd 650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 37/30/12 at 6:12ampost #3 of 37/30/12 at 9:39am
That's a nice match with the HD-650 and I even preferred it over the Asgard I previously had.
I actually bought the Micro Amp just for the HD-650 and K702 (currently using Q701).
Another perfect headphone for the Micro Stack is the Q701. D2000 is also quite good.
I don't think there's a headphone that sounds bad from the Micro that i've heard. Not due to the amp I mean.
BTW that even made my old DT-770 600 sound amazing. I had the bass light version (not really bad light, but compared to some versions).
- Micro stack to run hd 650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p.... 10 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 44 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › sony mdr1rbt, parrot zik or Logitech ue 9000 2 minutes ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)