New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best IEM for $300?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

Hi, I currently have a Klipsch Image S4 and I liked it. I use it everyday at work and also for working out. But after 5 months of use the earphones are starting to fall apart and I am kinda getting tired of their sound. I have $300 to spend (or less) and I listen to a lot of genres almost like everything. I want more deep and punchier bass without sacrificing the mids and highs. I also prefer larger soundstage since I listen to a lot of vocals. 

 

Thanks!

post #2 of 16

Do you require much isolation? The EX1000 and FX700 are great, but neither isolates well. The former is a neutral IEM, while the latter has a slight V-shape.

post #3 of 16
For isolation to the max...

Be sure to check out the Etymotic line of IEMs.

I love mine and listen to just about everything too.

Jim
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzjin View Post

Do you require much isolation? The EX1000 and FX700 are great, but neither isolates well. The former is a neutral IEM, while the latter has a slight V-shape.

Yes, isolation is a must. btw, those EX1000s are way out of my budget. lol

post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post

For isolation to the max...
Be sure to check out the Etymotic line of IEMs.
I love mine and listen to just about everything too.
Jim

Thanks for the recommendation. Are the Etymotic's have good bass? 

post #6 of 16
I think so... others may disagree.

More members will chime in shortly, I am sure.

Jim
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebbin15 View Post

Yes, isolation is a must. btw, those EX1000s are way out of my budget. lol

 

Oh sorry, I was talking about eBay prices.

 

Have you looked at Joker's mega-review yet? 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-247-iems-compared-ultimate-ears-superfi-5-pro-superfi-5-eb-added-07-23-12/540

post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebbin15 View Post

Thanks for the recommendation. Are the Etymotic's have good bass? 

 

Deep punchy bass is NOT an Etymotic trait. 

 

I wouldn't get the FX700 for vocals unless you listen to something like vocal EDM where they're not that upfront/prominent, because the mids are somewhat recessed. 

 

I'd recommend reading into the Hifiman RE262 or the Vsonic GR07. They're each about half your budget, and sound as good (and in some cases better) than sets at $300.

post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Deep punchy bass is NOT an Etymotic trait. 

 

I wouldn't get the FX700 for vocals unless you listen to something like vocal EDM where they're not that upfront/prominent, because the mids are somewhat recessed. 

 

I'd recommend reading into the Hifiman RE262 or the Vsonic GR07. They're each about half your budget, and sound as good (and in some cases better) than sets at $300.

ohh man, that Vsonic looks interesting. Which one do you prefer? I Might order the Vsonic on Wednesday. 

post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebbin15 View Post

ohh man, that Vsonic looks interesting. Which one do you prefer? I Might order the Vsonic on Wednesday. 

 

Honestly, I could live with either one as my sole IEM. However, I'd prefer the GR07 as a total package. It sounds great out of anything, plus it's really low profile too.

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebbin15 View Post

Hi, I currently have a Klipsch Image S4 and I liked it. I use it everyday at work and also for working out. But after 5 months of use the earphones are starting to fall apart and I am kinda getting tired of their sound. I have $300 to spend (or less) and I listen to a lot of genres almost like everything. I want more deep and punchier bass without sacrificing the mids and highs. I also prefer larger soundstage since I listen to a lot of vocals. 

Thanks!
I can vouch for what eke's saying. GRO7 have the bass and soundstage you're looking for.
post #12 of 16

either Westone4...

or Denon C710.

 

tongue.gif

post #13 of 16

Ultimate ears triplefi 10 + sony hybrids

 

great sound and great isolation...you will enjoy..the balance sound

post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

Ultimate ears triplefi 10 + sony hybrids

 

great sound and great isolation...you will enjoy..the balance sound

 

Triple.fi 10's definitely aren't as balanced as the GR07...

+1 for the GR07. I really enjoy mines.

post #15 of 16
Vsonic GR07, Westone 4 or SM3. Again, the GR07 is a bargain.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: