Try the Pro/PL-750, maybe you can handle this treble longer than I did.
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 7/30/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for bassy headset under $200 with good soundstage Last post on 6/18/12 at 12:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you really care about the "Studio" or "Professional" words on Headphones? Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-SA3000 / MDR-SA5000? (looking for headphones with extreme detail) Last post on 7/26/11 at 11:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- advice for casual music listener Last post on 7/26/11 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Treble-centric headphones...? - Page 3post #31 of 349/1/12 at 4:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 349/1/12 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by cactus_farmer
Some suggested the Sony MDR-SA5000 would be absolutely perfect, but those are discontinued...
I suppose I could try to get them used but I also don't like buying discontinued headphones (just a personal preference).
...is there anything that sounds similar to the MDR-SA5000 and is still in production?
What's the issue buying a discontinued model? There should still be some BNIB out there if you look.
Anyways, the Grado SR-325is is fairly treble tilted, and the Beyerdynamic T70 is sort of a closed SA5000 (it's worse in every possible way, but it's as close to a closed-back SA5000 as I think you're gonna get).
Ultrasone PRO2900 is also fairly bright, but has a lot down low too.post #33 of 349/17/12 at 1:22am
I agree that the 555 can sound extremely bright. My pair sounded ridiculously bright and full of reverb out of the box but turned into a totally different creature with burn in. Very weird indeed. My 595 never behaved that way though. They just sounded good directly out of the box.post #34 of 348/17/13 at 10:44am
- Treble-centric headphones...?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Beyerdynamic T5p is change of cable possible? 41 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › I need some recommendations for Bluetooth 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5P Replacement Cable 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)