Try the Pro/PL-750, maybe you can handle this treble longer than I did.
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 7/30/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for bassy headset under $200 with good soundstage Last post on 6/18/12 at 12:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you really care about the "Studio" or "Professional" words on Headphones? Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-SA3000 / MDR-SA5000? (looking for headphones with extreme detail) Last post on 7/26/11 at 11:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- advice for casual music listener Last post on 7/26/11 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Treble-centric headphones...? - Page 3post #31 of 349/1/12 at 4:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 349/1/12 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by cactus_farmer
Some suggested the Sony MDR-SA5000 would be absolutely perfect, but those are discontinued...
I suppose I could try to get them used but I also don't like buying discontinued headphones (just a personal preference).
...is there anything that sounds similar to the MDR-SA5000 and is still in production?
What's the issue buying a discontinued model? There should still be some BNIB out there if you look.
Anyways, the Grado SR-325is is fairly treble tilted, and the Beyerdynamic T70 is sort of a closed SA5000 (it's worse in every possible way, but it's as close to a closed-back SA5000 as I think you're gonna get).
Ultrasone PRO2900 is also fairly bright, but has a lot down low too.post #33 of 349/17/12 at 1:22am
I agree that the 555 can sound extremely bright. My pair sounded ridiculously bright and full of reverb out of the box but turned into a totally different creature with burn in. Very weird indeed. My 595 never behaved that way though. They just sounded good directly out of the box.post #34 of 348/17/13 at 10:44am
- Treble-centric headphones...?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 41 seconds ago
- › Momentum M2 way to bright, any recommendation? 44 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 10 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 12 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...