Try the Pro/PL-750, maybe you can handle this treble longer than I did.
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 7/30/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for bassy headset under $200 with good soundstage Last post on 6/18/12 at 12:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you really care about the "Studio" or "Professional" words on Headphones? Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-SA3000 / MDR-SA5000? (looking for headphones with extreme detail) Last post on 7/26/11 at 11:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- advice for casual music listener Last post on 7/26/11 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
I just got a pair of AKG K712s, so I needed an amp. It came down to choosing between ALO Audio's The National, and the International which were both being sold by the Headphone Bar in Vancouver....
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Treble-centric headphones...? - Page 3post #31 of 349/1/12 at 4:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 349/1/12 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by cactus_farmer
Some suggested the Sony MDR-SA5000 would be absolutely perfect, but those are discontinued...
I suppose I could try to get them used but I also don't like buying discontinued headphones (just a personal preference).
...is there anything that sounds similar to the MDR-SA5000 and is still in production?
What's the issue buying a discontinued model? There should still be some BNIB out there if you look.
Anyways, the Grado SR-325is is fairly treble tilted, and the Beyerdynamic T70 is sort of a closed SA5000 (it's worse in every possible way, but it's as close to a closed-back SA5000 as I think you're gonna get).
Ultrasone PRO2900 is also fairly bright, but has a lot down low too.post #33 of 349/17/12 at 1:22am
I agree that the 555 can sound extremely bright. My pair sounded ridiculously bright and full of reverb out of the box but turned into a totally different creature with burn in. Very weird indeed. My 595 never behaved that way though. They just sounded good directly out of the box.post #34 of 348/17/13 at 10:44am
- Treble-centric headphones...?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Where do I buy the "REAL" Altoids amp? 19 seconds ago
- › FS: JBL LSR305 Studio Monitors (Brand New -Sealed) 2 minutes ago
- › IEM suggestions (long post) 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster... 3 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 7 minutes ago
- › Oyaide OCB-1 EXs Power Distributor with 4 US plugs 7 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 8 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude