Try the Pro/PL-750, maybe you can handle this treble longer than I did.
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 7/30/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for bassy headset under $200 with good soundstage Last post on 6/18/12 at 12:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you really care about the "Studio" or "Professional" words on Headphones? Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-SA3000 / MDR-SA5000? (looking for headphones with extreme detail) Last post on 7/26/11 at 11:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Treble-centric headphones...? - Page 3post #31 of 349/1/12 at 4:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 349/1/12 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by cactus_farmer
Some suggested the Sony MDR-SA5000 would be absolutely perfect, but those are discontinued...
I suppose I could try to get them used but I also don't like buying discontinued headphones (just a personal preference).
...is there anything that sounds similar to the MDR-SA5000 and is still in production?
What's the issue buying a discontinued model? There should still be some BNIB out there if you look.
Anyways, the Grado SR-325is is fairly treble tilted, and the Beyerdynamic T70 is sort of a closed SA5000 (it's worse in every possible way, but it's as close to a closed-back SA5000 as I think you're gonna get).
Ultrasone PRO2900 is also fairly bright, but has a lot down low too.post #33 of 349/17/12 at 1:22am
I agree that the 555 can sound extremely bright. My pair sounded ridiculously bright and full of reverb out of the box but turned into a totally different creature with burn in. Very weird indeed. My 595 never behaved that way though. They just sounded good directly out of the box.post #34 of 348/17/13 at 10:44am
- Treble-centric headphones...?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 31 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade recommendation from Koss Portapro for EDM please 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › SPL Phonitor (with HD800 and RAM DL3) impressions and reviews 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2