Try the Pro/PL-750, maybe you can handle this treble longer than I did.
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 7/30/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for bassy headset under $200 with good soundstage Last post on 6/18/12 at 12:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you really care about the "Studio" or "Professional" words on Headphones? Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-SA3000 / MDR-SA5000? (looking for headphones with extreme detail) Last post on 7/26/11 at 11:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- advice for casual music listener Last post on 7/26/11 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Treble-centric headphones...? - Page 3post #31 of 349/1/12 at 4:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 349/1/12 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by cactus_farmer
Some suggested the Sony MDR-SA5000 would be absolutely perfect, but those are discontinued...
I suppose I could try to get them used but I also don't like buying discontinued headphones (just a personal preference).
...is there anything that sounds similar to the MDR-SA5000 and is still in production?
What's the issue buying a discontinued model? There should still be some BNIB out there if you look.
Anyways, the Grado SR-325is is fairly treble tilted, and the Beyerdynamic T70 is sort of a closed SA5000 (it's worse in every possible way, but it's as close to a closed-back SA5000 as I think you're gonna get).
Ultrasone PRO2900 is also fairly bright, but has a lot down low too.post #33 of 349/17/12 at 1:22am
I agree that the 555 can sound extremely bright. My pair sounded ridiculously bright and full of reverb out of the box but turned into a totally different creature with burn in. Very weird indeed. My 595 never behaved that way though. They just sounded good directly out of the box.post #34 of 348/17/13 at 10:44am
- Treble-centric headphones...?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Schiit Owners Unite 11 seconds ago
- › Pangea USB Type A-B 1.5M USB cable 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Logitech/UE 500 vi In-Ears w/ Mic, Volume Control & Remote --- Very... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Listening fatigue 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)