I should be getting one so i will stay subbed for now!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone gone back to hearing the iPOD stock earbuds after being away for a long time? Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earphone suggestions under 100 Last post on 1/27/13 at 6:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100 Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have been using Samson SR940 for a week now so this review will not be too detailed. It was a blind purchase as there are no helpful reviews available. I bought two headphones; Beyer DT880 pro...
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Blox TM7 (Discussion + Reviews) - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 4788/7/12 at 7:21pmpost #33 of 4788/8/12 at 8:31ampost #34 of 4788/8/12 at 9:34ampost #35 of 4788/8/12 at 9:56ampost #36 of 4788/8/12 at 6:42pmpost #37 of 4788/15/12 at 12:51ampost #38 of 4788/16/12 at 3:07ampost #39 of 4788/16/12 at 6:23amThread Starterpost #40 of 4788/16/12 at 7:58ampost #41 of 4788/16/12 at 8:21am
Just received mine this morning !
Here is some fast pictures I took :
The box :
Another view of the box :
Box contain :
I immediately take them off the box and tested on the fly with PK1 donuts foam.
I'am giving my first rapid impression (none burned of course) of those TM7 compared to my Yuin PK1 (2000+ hours) :
They didn't impressed the first time like PK1 does to me, except you can see a huge difference of a TM7 unamped which sounds already good for not burned yet, PK1 unamped really need to push the sound much more for equal volume. This is normal as TM7 need 32 omhs source.
Sound is very different of PK1. Overall is ok but bass are definitely not here. The body of the TM7 does not fit properly to my ears like the PK1 does, plastic drivers are a bit more big compared to PK1.
I can't see any real big difference between TM7 amped or not (which is a good thing), but when the PK1 is amped with my FiiO E11, it's a beast and clearly defeat TM7 where the bass seems better than unamped but not so much thought.
That's why I stopped the tests for the moment and they are already burning on my night table for 3 hours, I think the TM7 really need at least 100 hours before beginning some compare, so I do.
See you in 1 or 2 weeks for a better detailed review compared with PK1!
PS : sorry for my bad english, I'am french ;)
Edited by subwoof3r - 8/16/12 at 8:40ampost #42 of 4788/16/12 at 8:34ampost #43 of 4788/16/12 at 8:38am
Yes sorry, I edited my message too late before your post ;) I'am using another PK1 donuts foam, which fits perfectly.post #44 of 4788/16/12 at 4:04pmpost #45 of 4788/16/12 at 6:28pmThread Starter
received mine today
- comparing TM7 (left) to PK1 (right).. it is only slightly larger in diameter than the PK1... with foams (DIY cut donut) it has better isolation than PK1 for my ears as it is slightly thicker and does not have any vents on the back
- the TM7 exhibits stronger magnetic repelling force (when drivers are put face to face) than the PK1
out of the box impressions:
iPod Classic (ALAC) - Fiio L3 - RSA Mustang
- TM7: Low gain, volume 1.5
- PK1: Low gain, volume 2.5
- TM7 soundstage is slightly narrower than PK1, and brings the placement towards the front of the listener when compared to PK1 (perhaps due to the PK1 being more open than the TM7)
- TM7 is more balanced when comparing the bass/mids/highs.. PK1 is more focused on mids (vocals) than bass/highs
- TM7 is louder in the highs (cymbals, tambourines) than PK1, without being piercing/fatiguing (The Beatles: Hey Jude, Jimi Hendrix: All Along the Watchtower)
- TM7's bass is quick and clean (beginning of Bjork: Hunter), PK1's feels slight sloppier and has less bass impact
- TM7 has better bass impact/rumble (sub-bass?) than PK1 (beginning of Jay-Z: Empire State of Mind)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Blox TM7 (Discussion + Reviews)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Android phones and USB DACs 27 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › BEST ANIME OF 2013 ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 39 seconds ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 1 minute ago
- › HD800 and T1 musings... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M500 versus Martin Logan Mikros 90 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 7 minutes ago
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital