- 2,391 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone gone back to hearing the iPOD stock earbuds after being away for a long time? Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earphone suggestions under 100 Last post on 1/27/13 at 6:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100 Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) - Page 17post #241 of 5811/27/13 at 2:44pmNice description by the way swimsonny.....do you have the tm7?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 5811/27/13 at 3:02pm
no i do not :(
You may know i am a huge IEM collector reviewer:
I have always 'overlooked' earbuds i guess. You may think i am idiot for saying so or what not but i think a lot of people do the same. Anyway blox seemed to be the best earbuds around so i decided to give reviewing one ago and was lucky enough to get the opportunity to review one.
I do not think a product as been this 'inspiring' since my first 'decent' IEM, the DBA-02 coming from the Beat pro right at the beginning of my audiophile journey some years ago. it really as opened up something new to me.
I am sitting here at 11.00pm on my computer listening through these out of my Objective 2 and D1 DAC in pure bliss. This is odd as i would normally go for some top tier IEMs or my HD580 when doing my chilling listening late at night (too late for analysing the quality and reviewing etc.) but this is not making me want to go any where else.
Thinking that woo at blox said the TM7 is a superior earbud i think all you TM7 owners are very lucky people ;)
I think more people need to give the earbud a chance!post #243 of 5811/27/13 at 10:10pmpost #244 of 5811/29/13 at 7:32ampost #245 of 5811/29/13 at 12:34pm
To other Blox TM7 owners. If you think the bass is lacking, try this tweak: If you have the donut foam pads, put those on first and then the regular foam pads on top. I tried it and the difference was quite significant. I'm not sure if it's a better fir for me (I have small ears) or if the better sound is the result of the foam pad essentially being lifted off the earphone surface by the donut pad. Whatever it is, I'm liking what I hear. Others please give it a try and report what you hear.post #246 of 5812/1/13 at 7:28ampost #247 of 5812/2/13 at 1:33pm
I got mine today and right out of the box they sound amazing. Very very clear, detailed and surprisingly a stronger bass then the TM7s, excellent sound stage and as of right now I have no complaints from the sound that comes from the ANV3.
But would of been nice if Blox could of made some minor changes to the ear bud shell as they look 100% like the M2C.
My advice don't wait as they are nearly all sold out.post #248 of 5812/2/13 at 1:44pmpost #249 of 5812/2/13 at 2:48pmGreat review swinsonny ...I see on ebay that there is a awesome new one air earbud on sell which cost $90 with a frequency response of 10-45khz :0.....I'm going to get them in two week.post #250 of 5812/2/13 at 2:50pmpost #251 of 5812/2/13 at 3:48pmQuote:
Thanks! I did not really want to bother with the whole physical package and more just the sound and telling people that earbuds are too be taken seriously and this is a great start with the price etc.
Can i have a link to these on ebay your referring too!?post #252 of 5812/2/13 at 6:41pmpost #253 of 5812/4/13 at 6:29amQuote:
That does look interesting, but often frequency response has little to do with how the earbuds actually sound. For example, I've got a pair of vintage Aiwa HP-D9 earbuds (sold in the early nineties). The frequency response is stated as 5-30 000 Hz, but the bass response is very weak (however highs are amazing and soundstage better than even the TM7 or Sennheiser MX980).
I've also got a pair of Audio Technica CM7, discontinued around 5-6 years ago, and the frequency response is stated as 10-45 000 Hz. The bass response is better than the Aiwas, but not as good as you would expect.
Finally, my pair of Panasonic RP HV 600 has got the worse bass response I've ever heard. There's just about no bass at all and even the bass aenemic Aiwa HP D2 sound like bass monsters compared to the Panasonic earbuds. Still the RP HV 600 have a frequency response @ 8-26 000 HZ.
Anyway, I'm an earbud fanatic and I'm always open to trying new earbuds. Ubiquo is a Korean company and the ES903 modell seems to be pretty good judging by Japanese reviews (I'm only intermediate at Japanese so I don't understand everything).post #254 of 5812/4/13 at 9:18amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5)
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze LCD-2.2 Six weeks old ! **pristine condition** SOLD 1 second ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 47 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 48 seconds ago
- › Great gaming audio setup for a newcomer ($250 - $500) 53 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › I have a great opportunity to purchase ear phones at a steep... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE400 @ $299 versus HE500 @ $599 3 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob