- 4,077 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone gone back to hearing the iPOD stock earbuds after being away for a long time? Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earphone suggestions under 100 Last post on 1/27/13 at 6:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100 Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) - Page 17post #241 of 7001/27/13 at 2:44pmNice description by the way swimsonny.....do you have the tm7?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 7001/27/13 at 3:02pm
no i do not :(
You may know i am a huge IEM collector reviewer:
I have always 'overlooked' earbuds i guess. You may think i am idiot for saying so or what not but i think a lot of people do the same. Anyway blox seemed to be the best earbuds around so i decided to give reviewing one ago and was lucky enough to get the opportunity to review one.
I do not think a product as been this 'inspiring' since my first 'decent' IEM, the DBA-02 coming from the Beat pro right at the beginning of my audiophile journey some years ago. it really as opened up something new to me.
I am sitting here at 11.00pm on my computer listening through these out of my Objective 2 and D1 DAC in pure bliss. This is odd as i would normally go for some top tier IEMs or my HD580 when doing my chilling listening late at night (too late for analysing the quality and reviewing etc.) but this is not making me want to go any where else.
Thinking that woo at blox said the TM7 is a superior earbud i think all you TM7 owners are very lucky people ;)
I think more people need to give the earbud a chance!post #243 of 7001/27/13 at 10:10pmpost #244 of 7001/29/13 at 7:32ampost #245 of 7001/29/13 at 12:34pm
To other Blox TM7 owners. If you think the bass is lacking, try this tweak: If you have the donut foam pads, put those on first and then the regular foam pads on top. I tried it and the difference was quite significant. I'm not sure if it's a better fir for me (I have small ears) or if the better sound is the result of the foam pad essentially being lifted off the earphone surface by the donut pad. Whatever it is, I'm liking what I hear. Others please give it a try and report what you hear.post #246 of 7002/1/13 at 7:28ampost #247 of 7002/2/13 at 1:33pm
I got mine today and right out of the box they sound amazing. Very very clear, detailed and surprisingly a stronger bass then the TM7s, excellent sound stage and as of right now I have no complaints from the sound that comes from the ANV3.
But would of been nice if Blox could of made some minor changes to the ear bud shell as they look 100% like the M2C.
My advice don't wait as they are nearly all sold out.post #248 of 7002/2/13 at 1:44pmpost #249 of 7002/2/13 at 2:48pmGreat review swinsonny ...I see on ebay that there is a awesome new one air earbud on sell which cost $90 with a frequency response of 10-45khz :0.....I'm going to get them in two week.post #250 of 7002/2/13 at 2:50pmpost #251 of 7002/2/13 at 3:48pmQuote:
Thanks! I did not really want to bother with the whole physical package and more just the sound and telling people that earbuds are too be taken seriously and this is a great start with the price etc.
Can i have a link to these on ebay your referring too!?post #252 of 7002/2/13 at 6:41pmpost #253 of 7002/4/13 at 6:29amQuote:
That does look interesting, but often frequency response has little to do with how the earbuds actually sound. For example, I've got a pair of vintage Aiwa HP-D9 earbuds (sold in the early nineties). The frequency response is stated as 5-30 000 Hz, but the bass response is very weak (however highs are amazing and soundstage better than even the TM7 or Sennheiser MX980).
I've also got a pair of Audio Technica CM7, discontinued around 5-6 years ago, and the frequency response is stated as 10-45 000 Hz. The bass response is better than the Aiwas, but not as good as you would expect.
Finally, my pair of Panasonic RP HV 600 has got the worse bass response I've ever heard. There's just about no bass at all and even the bass aenemic Aiwa HP D2 sound like bass monsters compared to the Panasonic earbuds. Still the RP HV 600 have a frequency response @ 8-26 000 HZ.
Anyway, I'm an earbud fanatic and I'm always open to trying new earbuds. Ubiquo is a Korean company and the ES903 modell seems to be pretty good judging by Japanese reviews (I'm only intermediate at Japanese so I don't understand everything).post #254 of 7002/4/13 at 9:18amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5)
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 21 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 53 seconds ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 2 minutes ago
- › Dac for home use with sony Amplifier and pc-laptop 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 preview world tour--also keep an eye out for the local... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)