Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) - Page 13

post #181 of 722

They have finally arrived!!!!...unable to have a listen until later on today but will post my view on them over the weekend.....

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #182 of 722

Wasn't really sure if I was going to keep these.  Then I switched out the opamps on the P4 to something far more neutral, without warmth or color and the sound really blossomed.  The P4 really shines with iems and earbud types; no buffers or g/vg.

post #183 of 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post

 

My M2C just broke, quite literally. Right side just fell apart and stopped making any sound (even though the wires seem intact), and I probably won't get a replacement since its 7 months after shipment. I loved the m2c's sound, but if the TM7 is going to have the same ****ty warranty I don't think I can justify buying this one.

 

Even if still had warranty, Blox would probably offer you a pair of TM7s at a discounted price, since they don't even have the any M2Cs in stock.

 

After 1 month of daily usage of the TM7s, yesterday I went back to listen to the M2Cs and tbh I found myself liking the M2Cs more.

 

For me the clarity, sound stage and separation of music is fair more better compared to TM7s.

 

TM7's offer a lot of bass, and sound more neutral like, kind of like studio monitor speakers. 

 

Just thinking about it I was more wowed with M2Cs, compared to the TM7s. 

 

TM7s are very good, but in a different sounding way if that makes sense.

 

I wonder if Blox reads these posts, honestly I would like to see better quality, not bling bling, but just something that will last the test of time, as long as you take care of them. Especially since they only come with a 6 month warranty and the cost.

post #184 of 722

I have spent some time with them now and they are very good "reference" earbuds....highs..mids...and bass are all present but they are just not engaging me in the music as much as I would like at

the moment...I agree with the last post that they are the equivalent of studio monitors...I do like my sound to be on the "warm" side so this may be a factor.

 

They are diffidently the best all round earbuds at the price point but just seems to be lacking the "fun" factor of  its younger brother the M2C .....

post #185 of 722

Together with a good source, the TM7 are amazing. I like them with my newly bought oldie MP3 player Rio Karma. The Karma is very powerful and has got an effective EQ, so you can make the sound quite bassy. The thing I like the most is how enormous the soundstage becomes with the TM7+Karma combo. Very deep, wide and tall. I'm starting to prefer the TM7 to my Sennheiser MX980, mostly because the fit of the TM7 is much better than the MX980.

 

I prefered my PK2 to the M2C and sold the latter. Unfortunately I have not been able to compare the TM7 directly to the M2C, but I can still say that prefer the more "reference" sound of the TM7 to the more fun sound of the M2C. The TM7 definitely beat the PK2 and I chose my PK2 over my M2C, so there we have it!

 

Smith - if you are prepared to pay a bit and are looking for a warmer sound, check Ebay for Sony MDR-E484. They have a more forward sound than the TM7 and very deep bass, that still isn't overbearing. The E282 are also great. However be prepared to pay between $200 and $300 for a pair of these vintage earbuds...

post #186 of 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post

Together with a good source, the TM7 are amazing. I like them with my newly bought oldie MP3 player Rio Karma. The Karma is very powerful and has got an effective EQ, so you can make the sound quite bassy. The thing I like the most is how enormous the soundstage becomes with the TM7+Karma combo. Very deep, wide and tall. I'm starting to prefer the TM7 to my Sennheiser MX980, mostly because the fit of the TM7 is much better than the MX980.

 

I prefered my PK2 to the M2C and sold the latter. Unfortunately I have not been able to compare the TM7 directly to the M2C, but I can still say that prefer the more "reference" sound of the TM7 to the more fun sound of the M2C. The TM7 definitely beat the PK2 and I chose my PK2 over my M2C, so there we have it!

 

Smith - if you are prepared to pay a bit and are looking for a warmer sound, check Ebay for Sony MDR-E484. They have a more forward sound than the TM7 and very deep bass, that still isn't overbearing. The E282 are also great. However be prepared to pay between $200 and $300 for a pair of these vintage earbuds...

Good point I have only used them with my Iphone 4 and I will have a look out for those Sony buds...by the way how does the TM7  sound with the the Sansa clip ?

post #187 of 722

I use mine with a Clip + as my ultra-portable...no complaints at all :)...

post #188 of 722

I changed the EQ setting (form normal to flat) on my iphone yesterday and I am quite surprised at the impact it has had....the sound is a lot fuller and the soundstage has increased.

 

I have played about with the settings with my other earbuds and frankly the out come has nearly always been a downgrade in sound quality!

 

So if there are any iphone owners out there with the TM7 I would say to try using them with the setting on "flat"....

post #189 of 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith View Post

Good point I have only used them with my Iphone 4 and I will have a look out for those Sony buds...by the way how does the TM7  sound with the the Sansa clip ?

 

Sorry. I have owned the TM7 for a month or so, but still I haven't tried it with my Clip+... I might do it in the weekend. I like to go through different combinations of my DAP's and ear- and headphones to find the combinations with the best synergy. For example, the TM7 is too bassy for my Cowon X5 and the combination sounds pretty bad. The more bass lean ATH CM7 and ATH CM700 sound much better in combination with the X5.

 

I almost always use EQ, especially when I'm using earbuds. Since they don't isolate at all, the lower frequencies are reduced by outside noise and then a few extra dB of bass can work wonders. Today I'm using my Kenwood HD20GA7 together with the TM7. I have found that the "Loudness" preset EQ of the Kenwood sounds the best, but otherwise I prefer custom EQ and just changing the frequencies that might need some boost.

post #190 of 722
Hi

I was trying to order a TM7 from the blox website but it says they are out of stock. Any ideas if this means there won't be any more available? :-(
post #191 of 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by apmusson View Post

Hi
I was trying to order a TM7 from the blox website but it says they are out of stock. Any ideas if this means there won't be any more available? :-(

That's typical of Blox. They always make small number in each batch, then get a quick sale in a couple of days due to popularity and you will have to wait a few weeks before the next batch arrives. You just have to keep waiting and checking back their website. You should drop them an email as well just to get an idea on when the next batch will come.
post #192 of 722
Thanks ClieOS

I have fired an email to Blox and will keep an eye on the site.

Ade

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
post #193 of 722

The TM7 are now officially my favorite headphones of the ones I own.  I currently own Yuin PK1, Sennheiser CX-980, Koss PortaPro, Grado SR60, Westone 4 and Hifiman HE-500.  But let me qualify by adding that if you factor in comfort and convenience, the winner is TM7.  For critical listening, it's the HE-500 and if sound isolation is required (such as on an airplane), it's the Westone 4's.  But I am amazed every time I put these buds on.  I don't feel like I'm missing anything or wanting anything more.  They're that good!

post #194 of 722

Interesting thing is they have the M2C's back in stock and no mention of the TM7s.

 

I like the M2Cs that much and it's a 1st for me, I ordered another pair. I have never done that with any other headphone.

post #195 of 722
I also ordered a pair of the M2C when I went to their website looking to get my TM7 repair, but I don't think the one I bought 2nd hand from ebay is covered.

Kind of disappointed with the build quality of the TM7 after a few months of use. I am going to buy a used pair of Sennheiser MX500 and transfer the drivers over.


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5)