- 196 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: In my attic!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone gone back to hearing the iPOD stock earbuds after being away for a long time? Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earphone suggestions under 100 Last post on 1/27/13 at 6:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 8/28/14 at 8:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100 Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) - Page 4post #46 of 7548/16/12 at 6:31pmEcho, ClieOS. These things need donut foams. Else the mids can sound abit too syrupy sometimes and the presentation gets abit sluggish.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 7548/16/12 at 7:10pm
What kind of pads are everyone using? I am using a pair of cheap ebay generics I cut a hole in with a small socket on my M2C's? Would there be much difference between this and what comes with a PK1?post #48 of 7548/16/12 at 9:49pmQuote:
Because foam adds acoustic impedance / dampening to the driver. Acoustic impedance increases bass resonate but also have more obvious dampen effect on high frequency. It could be beneficial on certain earbuds, says PK3 with its grainy treble but it can also be bad for earbuds like PK1 or TM7 where the treble is just right on their own. But we still want a little bit of acoustic impedance to strengthen the bass. The beauty of donut foam is it forms a loosen seal on the edge of the earbud to add some acoustic impedance to the earbud, but also a hole in the center to cut down dampening effect.Quote:
I think the thing about PK1 is that it shines with certain amp but also takes on some of the character of the amp. In other words, PK1 depends a lot on the synergy of the amp to get it right. But on the other hand, TM7 doesn't rely on amp and thus always sound as good as it should be.Quote:
M2c, TM7 and PK1 all should benefit from donut foam. PK3 on the other hand should be used with regular, or else the treble can be too much.
Edited by ClieOS - 8/16/12 at 10:01pmpost #49 of 7548/17/12 at 4:36amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
I think the thing about PK1 is that it shines with certain amp but also takes on some of the character of the amp. In other words, PK1 depends a lot on the synergy of the amp to get it right. But on the other hand, TM7 doesn't rely on amp and thus always sound as good as it should be.
yes i will do a bit more comparisons of the TM7 with/without an amp to hear the difference
just wondering.. what is your favorite gear/setup when you listen to earbuds with and without an amp? thx!post #50 of 7548/17/12 at 4:56amQuote:
Fuze, or Fuze-LOD-amp. This is my regular setup.post #51 of 7548/17/12 at 9:55am
Already out of stock! So we'll probably have to wait a couple of weeks before another batch becomes available. It was like that when I bought my pair of M2C. I looked at the Blox homepage almost every day and when it was available I quickly ordered a pair.
I was going to order a pair next weekend. Now I wonder if I should order a pair of Hisoundaudio Live in the meantime and keep watching the Blox homepage until the TM7 is available again...
Edited by Danneq - 8/17/12 at 4:52pmpost #52 of 7548/17/12 at 3:11pmpost #53 of 7548/17/12 at 8:25pm
Interesting, owned the M2C and was really impressed the first time I hear it.It blew the PK3 out of the water for the same price range, might be tempted to look into TM7. Is the housing size the same? The M2C is a little big for my ears IMO and causes pain overtime ...
post #54 of 7548/22/12 at 7:41ampost #55 of 7548/22/12 at 9:20amI never heard that TM7 will be a limited run like TM5, but then again I don't really know how many TM7 Blox has planned to produce either. All I know, from past experience, it that it is unlikely Blox is making tons of it. If you have emailed Woo, then you will just have to wait for him to reply. Some time that is a bit slow.
Edited by ClieOS - 8/22/12 at 9:28ampost #56 of 7548/22/12 at 11:38am
I might maybe consider selling my TM7 if it's interesting someone.
Probably more than the initial price since they are out of stock, but anyway I'am not fully decided yet.
I will let you guys know when it will.
They have now more than 140+ hours of right burning and all I can say is that it now really compete with my PK1. With and without AMPed, the TM7 seems to blow all the way of PK1 in every tons of aspect, except maybe the weight and deep of bass. I succefully saturated (very slightly for a fraction of second, 2 times) the TM7 with the same volume as PK1 need to be where it does not saturate for the PK1, and even more. Seems like the PK1 really loves to be pushed at their best with an amp.
Sound seems more neutral than PK1.
PK1 develop a sort of "fun" touch which I really confirm since I tried TM7.
Where I'am very impressed is that TM7 really does not need to be amped to shine, PK1 is good also but shine once properly amped.
I tried TM7 amped, and wow, I have to agree that it's the "king of earbuds", and evenly owns my PK1s even in bass domain this time, except those problems of saturations, so be careful to don't put the music too loud for the TM7.
I will maybe try to do a little more detailed review when I will have some more time!
Edited by subwoof3r - 8/22/12 at 11:40ampost #57 of 7548/22/12 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
I never heard that TM7 will be a limited run like TM5, but then again I don't really know how many TM7 Blox has planned to produce either. All I know, from past experience, it that it is unlikely Blox is making tons of it. If you have emailed Woo, then you will just have to wait for him to reply. Some time that is a bit slow.
Thanks ClieOS! I guess I'll wait patiently then :)...subwoof3r, I might be PM'ing you...post #58 of 7548/22/12 at 11:56am
I'm curious how much of an improvement the TM7 is over the M2C. Honestly I am not that impressed with my M2Cs compared to my PK3s.
Even to the point I am looking for a used pair of PK1s (without luck so far) to compare head to head with the M2Cs on my new portable rig (Fuze and Fiio E11). I guess first I will have to see if the E11+Fuze is an audible improvement over my Clip+ and Fiio E6.post #59 of 7548/22/12 at 12:14pmpost #60 of 7548/22/12 at 12:48pm
I'm not worried that a new batch will come up for sale again soon. It was exactly like that with the M2C. I kept watching the Blox homepage every day and when it was available I bought it right away (just realized that I wrote this in my last post. I'm really becoming old, repeating myself like this...).
I sold my M2C on Ebay yesterday. Got $75 for them which is pretty good. I got less for my NW Studio and TFTA 1101, though...
While waiting for the TM7 to be available again, I got the Hisoudaudio Living brand new of Ebay for $99 with free shipping. I'm pretty pleased with that.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 38 seconds ago
- › Let's try this again....need my first nice pair of headphones 1 minute ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 1 minute ago
- › Beat headphone + inbuilt MIC option? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Any good noise-isolating earbuds under $50? 3 minutes ago
- › Visit to the Schiit Box - Schiit Factory Tour 4 minutes ago
- › **Potential Meet for Atlanta Area** 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)