- 202 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: In my attic!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone gone back to hearing the iPOD stock earbuds after being away for a long time? Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 12:30 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones with more rumble? Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- in ear bluetoot WITH wire Last post on 6/1/14 at 4:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample. I was supposed...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) - Page 4post #46 of 8888/16/12 at 6:31pmEcho, ClieOS. These things need donut foams. Else the mids can sound abit too syrupy sometimes and the presentation gets abit sluggish.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 8888/16/12 at 7:10pm
What kind of pads are everyone using? I am using a pair of cheap ebay generics I cut a hole in with a small socket on my M2C's? Would there be much difference between this and what comes with a PK1?post #48 of 8888/16/12 at 9:49pmQuote:
Because foam adds acoustic impedance / dampening to the driver. Acoustic impedance increases bass resonate but also have more obvious dampen effect on high frequency. It could be beneficial on certain earbuds, says PK3 with its grainy treble but it can also be bad for earbuds like PK1 or TM7 where the treble is just right on their own. But we still want a little bit of acoustic impedance to strengthen the bass. The beauty of donut foam is it forms a loosen seal on the edge of the earbud to add some acoustic impedance to the earbud, but also a hole in the center to cut down dampening effect.Quote:
I think the thing about PK1 is that it shines with certain amp but also takes on some of the character of the amp. In other words, PK1 depends a lot on the synergy of the amp to get it right. But on the other hand, TM7 doesn't rely on amp and thus always sound as good as it should be.Quote:
M2c, TM7 and PK1 all should benefit from donut foam. PK3 on the other hand should be used with regular, or else the treble can be too much.
Edited by ClieOS - 8/16/12 at 10:01pmpost #49 of 8888/17/12 at 4:36amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
I think the thing about PK1 is that it shines with certain amp but also takes on some of the character of the amp. In other words, PK1 depends a lot on the synergy of the amp to get it right. But on the other hand, TM7 doesn't rely on amp and thus always sound as good as it should be.
yes i will do a bit more comparisons of the TM7 with/without an amp to hear the difference
just wondering.. what is your favorite gear/setup when you listen to earbuds with and without an amp? thx!post #50 of 8888/17/12 at 4:56amQuote:
Fuze, or Fuze-LOD-amp. This is my regular setup.post #51 of 8888/17/12 at 9:55am
Already out of stock! So we'll probably have to wait a couple of weeks before another batch becomes available. It was like that when I bought my pair of M2C. I looked at the Blox homepage almost every day and when it was available I quickly ordered a pair.
I was going to order a pair next weekend. Now I wonder if I should order a pair of Hisoundaudio Live in the meantime and keep watching the Blox homepage until the TM7 is available again...
Edited by Danneq - 8/17/12 at 4:52pmpost #52 of 8888/17/12 at 3:11pmpost #53 of 8888/17/12 at 8:25pm
Interesting, owned the M2C and was really impressed the first time I hear it.It blew the PK3 out of the water for the same price range, might be tempted to look into TM7. Is the housing size the same? The M2C is a little big for my ears IMO and causes pain overtime ...
post #54 of 8888/22/12 at 7:41am
Hey ClieOS, you wouldn't happen to know if a second run will be made do you? I emailed Woo last week and haven't heard back...will the TM7 be as limited as the TM5 was?
post #55 of 8888/22/12 at 9:20amI never heard that TM7 will be a limited run like TM5, but then again I don't really know how many TM7 Blox has planned to produce either. All I know, from past experience, it that it is unlikely Blox is making tons of it. If you have emailed Woo, then you will just have to wait for him to reply. Some time that is a bit slow.
Edited by ClieOS - 8/22/12 at 9:28ampost #56 of 8888/22/12 at 11:38am
I might maybe consider selling my TM7 if it's interesting someone.
Probably more than the initial price since they are out of stock, but anyway I'am not fully decided yet.
I will let you guys know when it will.
They have now more than 140+ hours of right burning and all I can say is that it now really compete with my PK1. With and without AMPed, the TM7 seems to blow all the way of PK1 in every tons of aspect, except maybe the weight and deep of bass. I succefully saturated (very slightly for a fraction of second, 2 times) the TM7 with the same volume as PK1 need to be where it does not saturate for the PK1, and even more. Seems like the PK1 really loves to be pushed at their best with an amp.
Sound seems more neutral than PK1.
PK1 develop a sort of "fun" touch which I really confirm since I tried TM7.
Where I'am very impressed is that TM7 really does not need to be amped to shine, PK1 is good also but shine once properly amped.
I tried TM7 amped, and wow, I have to agree that it's the "king of earbuds", and evenly owns my PK1s even in bass domain this time, except those problems of saturations, so be careful to don't put the music too loud for the TM7.
I will maybe try to do a little more detailed review when I will have some more time!
Edited by subwoof3r - 8/22/12 at 11:40ampost #57 of 8888/22/12 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
I never heard that TM7 will be a limited run like TM5, but then again I don't really know how many TM7 Blox has planned to produce either. All I know, from past experience, it that it is unlikely Blox is making tons of it. If you have emailed Woo, then you will just have to wait for him to reply. Some time that is a bit slow.
Thanks ClieOS! I guess I'll wait patiently then :)...subwoof3r, I might be PM'ing you...post #58 of 8888/22/12 at 11:56am
I'm curious how much of an improvement the TM7 is over the M2C. Honestly I am not that impressed with my M2Cs compared to my PK3s.
Even to the point I am looking for a used pair of PK1s (without luck so far) to compare head to head with the M2Cs on my new portable rig (Fuze and Fiio E11). I guess first I will have to see if the E11+Fuze is an audible improvement over my Clip+ and Fiio E6.post #59 of 8888/22/12 at 12:14pmpost #60 of 8888/22/12 at 12:48pm
I'm not worried that a new batch will come up for sale again soon. It was exactly like that with the M2C. I kept watching the Blox homepage every day and when it was available I bought it right away (just realized that I wrote this in my last post. I'm really becoming old, repeating myself like this...).
I sold my M2C on Ebay yesterday. Got $75 for them which is pretty good. I got less for my NW Studio and TFTA 1101, though...
While waiting for the TM7 to be available again, I got the Hisoudaudio Living brand new of Ebay for $99 with free shipping. I'm pretty pleased with that.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Confused: Vinyl(Analog) vs Digital 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation Begginner Audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › *Brand New* Creative - Aurvana In-Ear3 Plus! (New Model!) 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000 now on Pre-Order From Hifiheadphones.co.uk 10 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)