I emailed them. Basically it is the same arrangement as the previous ANV3 but with a slight tuning change. The SE is supposedly a bit faster, a bit more flat and more dynamic. I suppose I'll give the SE a shot.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone gone back to hearing the iPOD stock earbuds after being away for a long time? Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 7:06 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones with more rumble? Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- in ear bluetoot WITH wire Last post on 6/1/14 at 4:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) - Page 27post #391 of 9983/25/13 at 10:50am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #392 of 9983/25/13 at 12:04pmI think your all reading to much into their marketing. They arnt trying to scam anyone, in fact they have the best game I have Ever heard, it would be acceptable for the original anv3 to be like 300 usd.
If you don't already have a blox ear bud then I would jump on this while it's around.post #393 of 9983/25/13 at 2:53pm
I don't think it's a scam but it's definitely market driven and not due to some $30 worth of upgrades to make it into the "se" version. It's just a real head scratcher how Blox does their marketing/promoting. They take the driver/diaphragm from their $140 model and shove it into their $30 model's case and sell it for $70 (mind you the cases look EXACTLY alike except for color). Then they do some kinda "tweak" to this $70 model and sell it for $100. I think this can backfire and turn off some customers (as we've already see in a few posts). It's definitely very weird to this TM7 & M2C owner.post #394 of 9983/25/13 at 2:53pmQuote:
If the driver is the same and the housing is the same and the specs are the same as the ANV3, where does the tuning come from one wonders.
I suspect Blox may be in a bind here.post #395 of 9983/25/13 at 2:59pmpost #396 of 9983/25/13 at 3:40pmQuote:
Tuning could be done with dampening material and venting options in the housing. Perhaps they could do something to stiffen the diaphragm as well.post #397 of 9983/25/13 at 3:55pm
BTW, i kinda asked them if it is possible to send the components of the bud so i can choose a housing and cord by myself and do the job alone, but i got a response that its much harder work than i expected it to be, and most likely ill end up damaging the bud. i guess he is right perhaps it was a crazy idea afterall :D
and Woo , thier representetive was really nice explaining that.post #398 of 9983/25/13 at 6:10pmpost #399 of 9983/25/13 at 6:16pmQuote:
The airhole filter is my guess as well.post #400 of 9983/25/13 at 7:22pm
Lol... I bought one 3 hours ago.
Blox told me the ANVse is a bit faster, more dynamic and linear than AVN3 too.post #401 of 9983/25/13 at 7:50pmI am still enjoying the anv3 so I will stick with those for a while, until they come out with the anv3sese or wathever is next. Good to now though that if I break them I can still get the anv3se, although there might be a wait.
About the anv3 driver, Blox told me also that it has the same diaphragm as tm7 but a different magnet, so whoever posted that before me is completely right.
About the price hike, I see it as follows. For their 3th anniversary they released a limited edition bud with a good price. Well this bud turned out so well that demand was higher than the supply of the anv3. It would almost be cruel to deny people the anv3 sound. So they decided to make and sell more, taking away the limit edition status of the anv3 and maybe even worse they upgraded, although even so slightly, the earbud. So I think to compensate for these two factors they bumped up the price of the new earbud. So people who got the anv3 still have some exclusivity by having bought the bud at a lower price.post #402 of 9983/25/13 at 8:11pm
Lol..... Even I am completely lost.
I've love to know what specifically has changed compared to the ANV3 and is the extra $20 going into R&D or is it a new part.
"This model is available for only this year"
Honestly sounds like our "limited edition" ANV3 is no longer limited .... :)
SE have the same specs as ANV3spost #403 of 9983/25/13 at 8:33pmSpec doesn't really have to do anything with the sound, I also Emailed the about the difference and they told me its the same drivers as the anv3 but they tuned it to be faster better dynamic range and flater frequency response . They as said that the are still working on there highend earbuds.post #404 of 9983/25/13 at 10:13pmpost #405 of 9983/26/13 at 12:53am
ANV3 is high end for sure ahahah!
They make earbuds really slowly as have lack of resources and machines. Next year they are moving and will have a better factory and make them quicker and more plentiful. Also I don't think it is even worth questions the slightly larger price. Any ANv3 would have happily paid that I am sure.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 12 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 52 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 54 seconds ago
- › Radius HP-NHR-21 tour...a great bass-head earphone 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 Upgrades and Mods Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear