Hi everyone, I am new to these forums and i have a question i want to ask concerning these headphones/headset. I currently have the astro 5.8 mixamp and im using it with my sennheiser pc360 on my xbox 360. I wanted to know If i can use AKG q701 along with the astro mixamp on my xbox 360 and the fiioe9 to give it more juice . If not? Should I just go ahead and buy the beyerdynamic mmx300 to use with my astro mixamp instead. I can always buy a clip on mic for the akg's so it's not a problem. Im going to be using these headphones/headsets on the xbox 360 only. So what amp should i buy for the akgq701's to go along with the astro mixamp.
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic MMX 300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphonetagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 7/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- A change of heart. I need open back headphones for under 200 bucks Last post on 7/5/12 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone help Last post on 6/13/12 at 4:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone amp to match with AKG K702s Last post on 1/1/12 at 6:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E9 Upgrade? Last post on 10/3/11 at 4:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
akgq701 or beyerdynamic mmx300
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 27/29/12 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Kuron Short
Hi everyone, I am new to these forums and i have a question i want to ask concerning these headphones/headset. I currently have the Astro 5.8 mix-amp and im using it with my Sennheiser pc360 on my xbox 360. I wanted to know If i can use AKG q701 along with the Astro Mix-amp on my xBox 360 and the fiioe9 to give it more juice . If not? Should I just go ahead and buy the Beyerdynamic mmx300 to use with my Astro mix-amp instead. I can always buy a clip on mic for the AKG's so it's not a problem. Im going to be using these headphones/headsets on the xBox 360 only. So what amp should i buy for the akgq701's to go along with the Astro Mix-amp.
I would assume the Fiio E9 would do the job.
There are several thread on Head-Fi about driving the Q701,
Just search for "Amping the Q701"
- akgq701 or beyerdynamic mmx300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Headphones that sound most like Sonus Faber or B&W speakers just now
- › First foray into high-end audio! 1 minute ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 1 minute ago
- › Less than $300 Over the Ear for my Teenage Son (who wants Beats!) 2 minutes ago
- › IC: Sennheiser IE80. Great condition but no cable. 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio FA-005 9 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)