Thanks and glad you liked it burma jones!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 1:11 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 3/7/13 at 6:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
[REVIEW] Final Audio Design Heaven IV: Do You Believe in Magic? - Page 2post #16 of 577/31/12 at 7:21amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 577/31/12 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Swimsonny
Well i will start with the mids are something else so hard to compare to others. The bass in quantity is like well, a tad more than the EQ-5 and perhaps on par with the GR07 but just less slam. I found the extension to sub-bass better on the FAD than with the EQ-5. The quality on the two are quite similar as they are both a bit loose for BAs with that lovely groan to them.
Treble is prominent and bright on the FAD but it does lack a tiny bit of sparkle (there is some) and is not as prominent or hot as the EQ-5 but it is smoother and a lot more present than the Adagio V. These are fully balanced and you will not find the treble lacking at all. Then i did not find the EQ-5s to have the much shimmer/sparkle and they both could do with a bit more detail, compared to say the Sony EX1000. Technically overall the EQ-5 are better but i am going to keep enjoying the both! My review of the V should be up in the next so many weeks.
Okay i measure the circumference of the Heaven IV and HF5 -
Heaven IV: 3.6cm
The IVs are considerable thicker but i would still determine them thin.
Regarding the sparkles on the treble of the eQ-5, I have been using the bi-flanges from UE T Fi 10 on the eQ-5 and it extends the treble by a bit. The best part is that it also increases the size of the soundstage and enhances instruments separation. Also, I have connect the eQ-5 to the volume attenuator of the Westone 4 and the result is quite surprising. The details overall has increase slightly, the soundstage has become wider and there is more clarity in the midrange and the upper midrange. One caveat with both of the above mod is that some of the bass quantity diminished while you gain more control and detail in the bass department.post #18 of 577/31/12 at 8:22pmpost #19 of 578/1/12 at 12:33pmpost #20 of 578/1/12 at 2:15pmThread Starter
Awesome, that threads coming on well!Quote:
I am sure you will like them and find them very unique for sure. Did you buy them from Jaben?post #21 of 578/1/12 at 9:01pmpost #22 of 578/2/12 at 9:31ampost #23 of 578/2/12 at 9:33amThread StarterQuote:
Yes Jaben stock all FAD and also a lot of other brands and ship worldwide which is great!Quote:
That is really impressive to think that they will have across the world! You would not really think they are a single BA would you? Do you reckon these will cause you to get the FAD bug like me ;)post #24 of 578/3/12 at 12:43ampost #25 of 578/3/12 at 12:53amThread Starterpost #26 of 578/4/12 at 9:38am
Good review! I read it before but returned both to it and your unboxing video because of the pending Heaven VI which has me quite intrigued.
Very useful introduction to this new FAD Heaven design. Thank you.post #27 of 578/4/12 at 2:04pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks mate! Yes, i would say go for it although you may not be as impressed as me as you have a few higher FADs. I have not. It is a great IEM with in its range though if you like the coloration which i do. Its like a dark mist surrounding the mids.post #28 of 578/4/12 at 5:17pm
Nah, I just have one: the PF IX. The Heaven VI could be number two. We will see how they price it. I am glad that you are enjoying the Heaven IV. That also portends well for its future sibling.post #29 of 578/5/12 at 4:26amThread StarterQuote:
Yes i am looking forward to how they price it and if i end up getting it i will write a comparison up of the two!
They are indeed and from what i hear from these, i have big hopes for the VI!post #30 of 578/5/12 at 6:54amQuote:
Which one is this...
I found the pic but no name :) Looks nice though.
Edited by jant71 - 8/5/12 at 6:55amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Final Audio Design Heaven IV: Do You Believe in Magic?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900X - New three days ago - Price Drop 1 minute ago
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 3 minutes ago
- › Good quality headphones for iPod 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Ipar 1023A Tube Pre Amp / Headphone Amp Review From China 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe