- 28 Posts. Joined 5/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
When I first started looking for a pair of CIEMs, I was determined to find the best one in the $1000 region that would serve me equally well for everyday listening as well as stage use (I play in a...
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 26post #376 of 4816/17/14 at 1:32amSony xba 30. Like it better than ue tf10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 4816/17/14 at 4:31pm
Only BA's I've tried so far are Shure E3c and TDK BA-200, and the TDK definitely wins that battle (or at least it did until the right channel went out on me a few weeks ago after a little more than a year of use). Ety ER4-PT in the mail, excited to check it out.post #378 of 4816/17/14 at 4:41pmpost #379 of 4816/17/14 at 5:11pmQuote:A lot happened in the last year or so... making a move from mostly dynamic to mostly BAJH16FP > V8 > 8A > W4R(custom) >E-Q5 > 4A > TF10(custom) > W3 > TF10 > UE900 > SM1 > UE700 >>>>>>> XBA1IP (hated that can)post #380 of 4816/17/14 at 7:38pmpost #381 of 4816/17/14 at 10:04pmpost #382 of 4816/17/14 at 10:12pmpost #383 of 4816/18/14 at 6:40amI just ordered the Final Audio Heaven VI partially due to this thread.
I don't know if they measure up to all these hybrids and multi BA earphones but I decided to run with it.
I was originally eyeing up the Noble 4 Universal but I just couldn't get past the design with visible screws. It looks like it was clearly designed to be easy to assemble rather than visually appealing.
Who knows, maybe I'll pick up a pair in the future if there is a redesign of the case or perhaps I'll cough up the extra $200 for the Wizard version.post #384 of 4816/18/14 at 7:08ampost #385 of 4816/19/14 at 12:09pmpost #386 of 4816/19/14 at 2:50pmpost #387 of 4816/19/14 at 11:42pmThey're surely colored but they're very revealing of recording not merely adding a default coloration to every song and also as they're not afraid to make poorly recorded things such as modern alt rock sound just "decent." Even reading all the reviews of it I could find, when I finally recieved it, it actually underwhelmed as it wasn't all what I was expecting. One thing that I agreed about regarding what othes have said is that they really grow on you and if I wouldn't have anything but an iPhone and the Heaven VI, I wouldnt feel lacking.post #388 of 4816/20/14 at 1:56ampost #389 of 4816/20/14 at 4:27amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Wanted: Massdrop x E-MU Purpleheart Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › Neurochrome HP-1: Ultra-High End Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic dt990 250 ohm or Philips fidelio X2 for music, gaming,... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 7 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Effect of source output impedance on headphone frequency response 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear