- 816 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
BACKGROUND I enjoyed my Superlux HD-330 for several months. I always had a closed pair, an open pair, and earbuds at any given situation to cover all my needs – isolated listening, awareness of...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 4838/5/13 at 10:14amQuote:Originally Posted by pacman46
Wpost #288 of 4838/5/13 at 10:30amQuote:
I've used a 100 ohm adapter on mine and I liked it but I thought the 33 ohm adapter was slightly better. 75 ohm should be fine.post #289 of 4838/5/13 at 10:37ampost #290 of 48311/12/13 at 4:06ampost #291 of 48311/12/13 at 8:23ampost #292 of 48311/12/13 at 8:33am
lemme divide it by the number of the drivers:
1:F111/ER4S (er4p+75ohm is also good)
3:TF10( although the fitting is abyssal, have to admit the good sound it has)
4:Fitear 334 Hands down for the universal.
1: never have..
4:Unique melody Mage
5:335DWpost #293 of 48311/12/13 at 10:18ampost #294 of 48311/12/13 at 6:38pmpost #295 of 48311/12/13 at 6:43pm
I think you just bought some IEM's from me, including the HiFiMan RE-ZERO???post #296 of 48311/12/13 at 6:52pmpost #297 of 48311/12/13 at 7:28pmpost #298 of 48311/12/13 at 8:06pm
small world. hope you enjoy them, though I assume you'll resell most of them? I would. Especially the RE-ZERO's, due to the scarcity, though you might like their very neutral, transparent sound sig? They are detailed, but the bass lacks for me, plus I'm a fan of more lively "fun" iem's, so I parted with them.post #299 of 48311/12/13 at 8:31pmpost #300 of 48311/12/13 at 9:29pm
I forgot to mention the UE 7 Pros, but those were my customs. Similar to the UE TF 10's, but with more controlled highs and a little more bass extention, which diminished the sibilance issues of the TF 10's, BUT was also a more neutral sound with substantially more transparant sound and soundstage, BUT if I've come to learn something about my tastes in sound sig, is that I can't deal with neutral/analytical/flat EQ IEM's, and the UE 7 Pros lean more towards stage monitors and not every day digital player listening. I should have bought the UE 900's for what i paid for the UE 7's.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Need a recommendation for monitoring, mixing, and gaming. A few... 3 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 1 minute ago
- › Can't Decide (Portable Headphones) 2 minutes ago
- › Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated 2 minutes ago
- › Leaving Schiit Jotunheim on for long period of time 4 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What's your foobar2000 setup? 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear