- 2,588 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 18
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 4817/9/13 at 11:24pmpost #258 of 4817/14/13 at 6:46pmpost #259 of 4817/20/13 at 10:27amW4r> which I think is incredible specialy amped then> er4p > eq5 , which amped is incredible too > um1. Which I personally think is better then the um2 just my opinion
I know this is the best armature driver iem but if I may, I think my ie80 beats them all in SQ again IMOpost #260 of 4817/22/13 at 9:37am
Used to be SM3, but since the LA meet I have to say UERM universal demo. Left me babbling like an idiot. If I had the cash, I'd have gotten my impressions right then and there.post #261 of 4817/31/13 at 8:22pmpost #262 of 4818/1/13 at 6:48ampost #263 of 4818/2/13 at 6:20pm
Well I'd say it's closest relatives I've heard are the SM3 and UM3X, although it had much clearer, better extended treble than either. I'd say it had the soundstage size of the SM3 but with a much more open sound on the whole, with distancing of vocals and instruments being much more natural compared to any universal I've heard. It separated like the UM3X only better, with an actual sense of space, something the UM3X lacks. The SM3 is the only true universal IEM I've heard to date that actually made me feel like there was empty space that I could hear and feel, but the UERM put it to shame in this regard; the presentation was simply on a different level of realism and acuity. And the tonal balance was just about perfect to my ears.
Pretty sure they run in the neighborhood of $1000, not including impressions, shipping, etc.post #264 of 4818/2/13 at 8:56pmpost #265 of 4818/2/13 at 9:32pmpost #266 of 4818/2/13 at 10:12pmpost #267 of 4818/2/13 at 10:15pmpost #268 of 4818/2/13 at 10:18pmpost #269 of 4818/2/13 at 11:11pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Shanling M2 DAP 7 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 2 minutes ago
- › TOTALDAC DAC 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 10 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 11 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 13 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 13 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 14 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 15 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...