- 2,588 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
FiiO x5iii Many times, there is trepidation when you sign up for a possible tour review, at least for me. Your hope is to not only be chosen, but to give an open honest review, under the...
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 18
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 4837/9/13 at 11:24pmpost #258 of 4837/14/13 at 6:46pmpost #259 of 4837/20/13 at 10:27amW4r> which I think is incredible specialy amped then> er4p > eq5 , which amped is incredible too > um1. Which I personally think is better then the um2 just my opinion
I know this is the best armature driver iem but if I may, I think my ie80 beats them all in SQ again IMOpost #260 of 4837/22/13 at 9:37am
Used to be SM3, but since the LA meet I have to say UERM universal demo. Left me babbling like an idiot. If I had the cash, I'd have gotten my impressions right then and there.post #261 of 4837/31/13 at 8:22pmpost #262 of 4838/1/13 at 6:48ampost #263 of 4838/2/13 at 6:20pm
Well I'd say it's closest relatives I've heard are the SM3 and UM3X, although it had much clearer, better extended treble than either. I'd say it had the soundstage size of the SM3 but with a much more open sound on the whole, with distancing of vocals and instruments being much more natural compared to any universal I've heard. It separated like the UM3X only better, with an actual sense of space, something the UM3X lacks. The SM3 is the only true universal IEM I've heard to date that actually made me feel like there was empty space that I could hear and feel, but the UERM put it to shame in this regard; the presentation was simply on a different level of realism and acuity. And the tonal balance was just about perfect to my ears.
Pretty sure they run in the neighborhood of $1000, not including impressions, shipping, etc.post #264 of 4838/2/13 at 8:56pmpost #265 of 4838/2/13 at 9:32pmpost #266 of 4838/2/13 at 10:12pmpost #267 of 4838/2/13 at 10:15pmpost #268 of 4838/2/13 at 10:18pmpost #269 of 4838/2/13 at 11:11pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Member Introductions thread 9 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 20 seconds ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › A budget Hi-Res IEM - HTC Max 310 3 minutes ago
- › SBX Studio Pro any good, should I bother? 5 minutes ago
- › INTEREST CHECK - MrSpeakers Alpha Primes + 3 Cables, RSA Balanced,... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Resonate impression thread 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear