For me my favorite single BA is the Ortofon e-Q5 hands down and that's why I bought another to replace the ones I sold awhile back.
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 14post #196 of 4842/21/13 at 5:49am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 4843/27/13 at 4:37amQuote:
same here. if only i could get used to the fit. they make me look like frankenstein's monster, sticking out my ears...post #198 of 4843/27/13 at 5:30ampost #199 of 4843/27/13 at 7:16ampost #200 of 4843/29/13 at 11:30am
Hi guys! New to here am I, I just recieved my sony xba4-lp's (Iphone ones) the quality of the earsphones reminds me of somthing that would fall apart in my hands if given a little pressure! so inniatialy, very disapointed. However, only having experiance of the lower end of sony stuff (mdr-xb41ex) and all of the other freebe minidisc player stuff etc year 90s-2010's, these do rock the socks off even my Denon AH-D2000's, and they are good! The sub bass is off the head, but really you will need some good old flac format stuff to get them really rumbling as mp3 has a grainy texture even at it's best 320kbs. Mid's are lush my fave album sofar is Fleetwood mac, Rumors. Trebal is a little, hmmm a little hmmm, some have said its like sibilance with older speakers kind of tins on top of tins on tins etc, but I think no, there great if a little fragile feeling and light!post #201 of 4844/13/13 at 2:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ultrazino
As in personal preference, going by which gives me the most fun out of music - ignoring technicalities:
Great: UE900 > W4 > FA-3E > 4.Ai
Good: UE4 (demo) > PFE 232 > TF10
OK: JH5 (demo) > SE535
Meh: PFE 121
I have not compared all of them at the same time (but most of them in two sets). I've owned or tested all of these for at least one week.
Let me update:
CM Stage 3 > UERM > CM Stage 4 > StageDiver 3 = StageDiver 2 > UE900 > W4 > FA-4E XB > FA-3E XB = FA-3E *proceed with quote*
I have no idea where to put UE11 and UE18. Somewhere around the StageDivers, but I am not sure.post #202 of 4844/13/13 at 6:02pm
Is it wrong to like the W2 better than the W4? Or any less quantity driver over a high quantity one? I feel so strange liking something that is known to be "inferior", both from a technical stand point and after reading reviews. I mean, there are four(!) less drivers in the W2, yet I find it sounds so much better! I've always been under the impression that multiple driver IEMs would sound godly, especially the ones with 3 or 4 per earpiece. I've been tempted to drift back over to IEMs again, but am a bit cautious as about how far to go up the chain. I'd love to hear what everyone else is hearing as far as "yeah, extra drivers have an advantage, and I can hear the difference", but from the models I've owned, I have a hard time experiencing that concept. I realize there is the whole diminishing returns thing, but is that relevant if they're stuffing more drivers into the earpiece? That constitutes as improvement right? Shouldn't that only be an issue when they're stuck with the same amount of drivers for a long period of time? An example being full sized headphones which always only have a single driver per channel, and companies are always finding a way to tune/improve it differently; while IEM manufacturers can just add more drivers.
I don't know, I hate being confused. Especially when everyone else seems to be enjoying their "technology" more than I ever did. Curious if anyone has thoughts on this.post #203 of 4844/13/13 at 6:46pm
W2 is a VG device and may be better balanced. Check goldenears.net measurements to appease those fears. You're not wrong is you happen to prefer it.
Edited by goodvibes - 4/13/13 at 6:49pmpost #204 of 4844/14/13 at 7:27ampost #205 of 4844/28/13 at 3:53am
I would say:
Westone 4 > Shure SE425 > Shure SE535 > Brainwavz M3
However, I am very interested in the new StageDiver 2 InEar. It could be my no.1 InEar!! :)
Besides: I am from Germany and this is my first posting at head-fi! I am glad to be here :)
Edited by Illum1nat0 - 4/28/13 at 3:56ampost #206 of 4844/28/13 at 5:14ampost #207 of 4844/30/13 at 11:36ampost #208 of 4844/30/13 at 11:58ampost #209 of 4844/30/13 at 12:17pm
I think the above will change a bit as I have a pair of 4A's and 8A's being made by Heir Audio....
It is funny, I thought I had heard more BA phones than this - everything I have is dynamic - maybe because they are for the most part less money...post #210 of 4844/30/13 at 1:58pm
Why do you need both customs and not at least get the 4.Ai instead?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Millett Hybrid Maxed Amp 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › WTB Abyss 1266 with broken/defective driver. 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 10 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 10 minutes ago
- › MEMT X5 In Ear Earphone by B9Scrambler
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear