- 7,276 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 10post #136 of 48111/29/12 at 4:50amXBA3 for bassy slightly warm sound. Etymotic HFx for detailed analytical sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 48111/29/12 at 6:59ampost #138 of 48111/29/12 at 9:13ampost #139 of 48111/29/12 at 11:27amQuote:
How does the XBA3 stack up against TF10 (if you've heard it)?post #140 of 48111/29/12 at 11:39amI've heard the XBA-3 and I think the TF10 is quite a bit better, the way that Sony tuned them makes them sound strange to me. Not that they're not good but I'd say that all the other triple BA's I've heard I think a little better. Why they tuned each driver for a certain frequency (with one being full range, one for highs and one for lows) and not use a crossover makes no sense to me.post #141 of 48111/30/12 at 1:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I've heard the XBA-3 and I think the TF10 is quite a bit better, the way that Sony tuned them makes them sound strange to me. Not that they're not good but I'd say that all the other triple BA's I've heard I think a little better. Why they tuned each driver for a certain frequency (with one being full range, one for highs and one for lows) and not use a crossover makes no sense to me.
If you still have your tf10 you are in for a treat; IMO they are the perfect compliment to the SM3s.post #142 of 48111/30/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
I actually sold my TF10 which I regret doing but your right they would compliment each other very well. I think I'm going to eventually by another TF10 because I don't think the UE900 is worth the over $200 more and I did like the sound signature they have.post #143 of 48111/30/12 at 6:45pm
I see you've received the SM3spost #144 of 48112/8/12 at 9:42ampost #145 of 48112/30/12 at 6:50ampost #146 of 48112/30/12 at 6:57am
The TG334 is the end all be all IEM for me yet I haven't heard them but someday they will be mine oh yes they will be mine.
Until then I'm happy with the SM3 V2 which I think is the best 3 BA universal under $600 though others might say the UM3X.post #147 of 48112/30/12 at 7:28amQuote:
How do you know they are "end all" if you haven't heard them?
For me, the PFE232 and W4 are still the best I've heard. I haven't heard the higher ends.post #148 of 48112/30/12 at 7:47ampost #149 of 48112/30/12 at 8:11am
On a technical level, I put the SM3 above all other BA IEMs I've heard.
Personally, I prefer the TF10 and UM3X. They are just more "fun" than the SM3, and neither have the odd soundstage the SM3 has.post #150 of 48112/30/12 at 8:24amQuote:
I was really just messing around, I thought the whole "oh yes they will be mine" kind of pointed that out.
Now I do think the SM3 is the best IEM in its price range though. I've heard the UM3X, W4 and others and I just feel the SM3 is the most technically sound one. I think its just as much fun sounding as the TF10 as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sonore microRendu Music Streamer impressions 7 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 13 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Sony upcoming Flagship!! Who is in ? 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...