- 6,333 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 10post #136 of 42011/29/12 at 4:50amXBA3 for bassy slightly warm sound. Etymotic HFx for detailed analytical sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 42011/29/12 at 6:59ampost #138 of 42011/29/12 at 9:13ampost #139 of 42011/29/12 at 11:27amQuote:
How does the XBA3 stack up against TF10 (if you've heard it)?post #140 of 42011/29/12 at 11:39amI've heard the XBA-3 and I think the TF10 is quite a bit better, the way that Sony tuned them makes them sound strange to me. Not that they're not good but I'd say that all the other triple BA's I've heard I think a little better. Why they tuned each driver for a certain frequency (with one being full range, one for highs and one for lows) and not use a crossover makes no sense to me.post #141 of 42011/30/12 at 1:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I've heard the XBA-3 and I think the TF10 is quite a bit better, the way that Sony tuned them makes them sound strange to me. Not that they're not good but I'd say that all the other triple BA's I've heard I think a little better. Why they tuned each driver for a certain frequency (with one being full range, one for highs and one for lows) and not use a crossover makes no sense to me.
If you still have your tf10 you are in for a treat; IMO they are the perfect compliment to the SM3s.post #142 of 42011/30/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
I actually sold my TF10 which I regret doing but your right they would compliment each other very well. I think I'm going to eventually by another TF10 because I don't think the UE900 is worth the over $200 more and I did like the sound signature they have.post #143 of 42011/30/12 at 6:45pm
I see you've received the SM3spost #144 of 42012/8/12 at 9:42ampost #145 of 42012/30/12 at 6:50ampost #146 of 42012/30/12 at 6:57am
The TG334 is the end all be all IEM for me yet I haven't heard them but someday they will be mine oh yes they will be mine.
Until then I'm happy with the SM3 V2 which I think is the best 3 BA universal under $600 though others might say the UM3X.post #147 of 42012/30/12 at 7:28amQuote:
How do you know they are "end all" if you haven't heard them?
For me, the PFE232 and W4 are still the best I've heard. I haven't heard the higher ends.post #148 of 42012/30/12 at 7:47ampost #149 of 42012/30/12 at 8:11am
On a technical level, I put the SM3 above all other BA IEMs I've heard.
Personally, I prefer the TF10 and UM3X. They are just more "fun" than the SM3, and neither have the odd soundstage the SM3 has.post #150 of 42012/30/12 at 8:24amQuote:
I was really just messing around, I thought the whole "oh yes they will be mine" kind of pointed that out.
Now I do think the SM3 is the best IEM in its price range though. I've heard the UM3X, W4 and others and I just feel the SM3 is the most technically sound one. I think its just as much fun sounding as the TF10 as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 13 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 53 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128GB @ 270usd Email us :- firstname.lastname@example.org 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3