- 7,356 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 10post #136 of 48111/29/12 at 4:50amXBA3 for bassy slightly warm sound. Etymotic HFx for detailed analytical sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 48111/29/12 at 6:59ampost #138 of 48111/29/12 at 9:13ampost #139 of 48111/29/12 at 11:27amQuote:
How does the XBA3 stack up against TF10 (if you've heard it)?post #140 of 48111/29/12 at 11:39amI've heard the XBA-3 and I think the TF10 is quite a bit better, the way that Sony tuned them makes them sound strange to me. Not that they're not good but I'd say that all the other triple BA's I've heard I think a little better. Why they tuned each driver for a certain frequency (with one being full range, one for highs and one for lows) and not use a crossover makes no sense to me.post #141 of 48111/30/12 at 1:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I've heard the XBA-3 and I think the TF10 is quite a bit better, the way that Sony tuned them makes them sound strange to me. Not that they're not good but I'd say that all the other triple BA's I've heard I think a little better. Why they tuned each driver for a certain frequency (with one being full range, one for highs and one for lows) and not use a crossover makes no sense to me.
If you still have your tf10 you are in for a treat; IMO they are the perfect compliment to the SM3s.post #142 of 48111/30/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
I actually sold my TF10 which I regret doing but your right they would compliment each other very well. I think I'm going to eventually by another TF10 because I don't think the UE900 is worth the over $200 more and I did like the sound signature they have.post #143 of 48111/30/12 at 6:45pm
I see you've received the SM3spost #144 of 48112/8/12 at 9:42ampost #145 of 48112/30/12 at 6:50ampost #146 of 48112/30/12 at 6:57am
The TG334 is the end all be all IEM for me yet I haven't heard them but someday they will be mine oh yes they will be mine.
Until then I'm happy with the SM3 V2 which I think is the best 3 BA universal under $600 though others might say the UM3X.post #147 of 48112/30/12 at 7:28amQuote:
How do you know they are "end all" if you haven't heard them?
For me, the PFE232 and W4 are still the best I've heard. I haven't heard the higher ends.post #148 of 48112/30/12 at 7:47ampost #149 of 48112/30/12 at 8:11am
On a technical level, I put the SM3 above all other BA IEMs I've heard.
Personally, I prefer the TF10 and UM3X. They are just more "fun" than the SM3, and neither have the odd soundstage the SM3 has.post #150 of 48112/30/12 at 8:24amQuote:
I was really just messing around, I thought the whole "oh yes they will be mine" kind of pointed that out.
Now I do think the SM3 is the best IEM in its price range though. I've heard the UM3X, W4 and others and I just feel the SM3 is the most technically sound one. I think its just as much fun sounding as the TF10 as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV 2 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 13 seconds ago
- › Why USB sucks on DACs? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › New iRiver AK70 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...