- 7,478 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 10post #136 of 48111/29/12 at 4:50amXBA3 for bassy slightly warm sound. Etymotic HFx for detailed analytical sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 48111/29/12 at 6:59ampost #138 of 48111/29/12 at 9:13ampost #139 of 48111/29/12 at 11:27amQuote:
How does the XBA3 stack up against TF10 (if you've heard it)?post #140 of 48111/29/12 at 11:39amI've heard the XBA-3 and I think the TF10 is quite a bit better, the way that Sony tuned them makes them sound strange to me. Not that they're not good but I'd say that all the other triple BA's I've heard I think a little better. Why they tuned each driver for a certain frequency (with one being full range, one for highs and one for lows) and not use a crossover makes no sense to me.post #141 of 48111/30/12 at 1:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I've heard the XBA-3 and I think the TF10 is quite a bit better, the way that Sony tuned them makes them sound strange to me. Not that they're not good but I'd say that all the other triple BA's I've heard I think a little better. Why they tuned each driver for a certain frequency (with one being full range, one for highs and one for lows) and not use a crossover makes no sense to me.
If you still have your tf10 you are in for a treat; IMO they are the perfect compliment to the SM3s.post #142 of 48111/30/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
I actually sold my TF10 which I regret doing but your right they would compliment each other very well. I think I'm going to eventually by another TF10 because I don't think the UE900 is worth the over $200 more and I did like the sound signature they have.post #143 of 48111/30/12 at 6:45pm
I see you've received the SM3spost #144 of 48112/8/12 at 9:42ampost #145 of 48112/30/12 at 6:50ampost #146 of 48112/30/12 at 6:57am
The TG334 is the end all be all IEM for me yet I haven't heard them but someday they will be mine oh yes they will be mine.
Until then I'm happy with the SM3 V2 which I think is the best 3 BA universal under $600 though others might say the UM3X.post #147 of 48112/30/12 at 7:28amQuote:
How do you know they are "end all" if you haven't heard them?
For me, the PFE232 and W4 are still the best I've heard. I haven't heard the higher ends.post #148 of 48112/30/12 at 7:47ampost #149 of 48112/30/12 at 8:11am
On a technical level, I put the SM3 above all other BA IEMs I've heard.
Personally, I prefer the TF10 and UM3X. They are just more "fun" than the SM3, and neither have the odd soundstage the SM3 has.post #150 of 48112/30/12 at 8:24amQuote:
I was really just messing around, I thought the whole "oh yes they will be mine" kind of pointed that out.
Now I do think the SM3 is the best IEM in its price range though. I've heard the UM3X, W4 and others and I just feel the SM3 is the most technically sound one. I think its just as much fun sounding as the TF10 as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 37 seconds ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 2 minutes ago
- › New here, looking for headphone advice. 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › apply EQ during foobar2000 convert or use DAP EQ 3 minutes ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 4 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear