I listen to electronica, dubstep, heavy bass (I like to feel the bass), guitar music, country, indie dance, gypsy punk like Gogol Bordello, and a bunch of other stuff. I want headphones where the bass stands out and has a kick. I also like more balanced headphones. I heard both are lacking mids? Which one would be better? I just don't think the S-Logic on the 580's appeal to me. The one song I would like to play a lot and sound great is Lights by Ellie Goulding.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better than ATH-M50 for $120? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Audio Technica ATH-M50, suggestions needed. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
Stuck between the Ultrasone HFI-580's and the Audio Technica M50'spost #1 of 157/28/12 at 8:53pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/28/12 at 9:00pm
dude, the ultrasone series is knwon to be the best for all types of electronic music. thye also are very clear and sound amazing on acoustic folk music. The slogic makes you feel like you are their, especially live recorded songs. Trust me you found your dream headphone. BTW mids arent as bad as m50's. they are quite better. Ultrasone 580 has much better lows and highs are equivalent. Definitly pick 580;s. You wont regret it. I promise : )post #3 of 157/28/12 at 9:07pmThread Starterpost #4 of 157/28/12 at 9:11pm
lol jsut over a year ago they were $220, the only headphones thta compare are the ultrasone pro 900, but they are $200 more. youll be happy with the 580's. no need to upgrade : )post #5 of 157/28/12 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #6 of 157/28/12 at 9:22pmpost #7 of 157/28/12 at 10:43pmThread Starter
Well, I just ordered my Ultrasone HFI-580's from Amazon with 1 day shipping! It should arrive next week on Tuesday! I can't wait to break them in and write a review! I'll have to learn all the headphone lingo otherwise I will have a hard time explaining what the sound is like.post #8 of 157/28/12 at 11:04pm
lol, congrats, they are awesome! Make sure to break them in, unlike many headphones, the 580's have a break in time of 100+ hours! Its fun to listen to them and hear how they change every couple of hours............ im at 70+ hours and they are starting to sound crazy good : )post #9 of 157/28/12 at 11:14pmThread Starterpost #10 of 157/29/12 at 12:53ampost #11 of 157/29/12 at 4:43ampost #12 of 157/31/12 at 4:21ampost #13 of 157/31/12 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #14 of 157/31/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
And about the cord, i guess, u need to ask the modding community on Ultrasones for doing it right.post #15 of 157/31/12 at 9:56pm
I just got the 580's as well, today in fact. They are absolutely amazing for electronic music. It makes me wonder about the 900's now. Probably hold off a year or so until I go for them, but if they are even better than the 580's I'm sold.
- Stuck between the Ultrasone HFI-580's and the Audio Technica M50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Amp. What's the point??? 9 seconds ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 16 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 19 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 43 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-10RBT vs MDR-ZX770bn 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Nobsound tube amp impression 2 minutes ago
- › Leather case for Onkyo DP-X1 (From PJ) Japan import New 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear