I listen to electronica, dubstep, heavy bass (I like to feel the bass), guitar music, country, indie dance, gypsy punk like Gogol Bordello, and a bunch of other stuff. I want headphones where the bass stands out and has a kick. I also like more balanced headphones. I heard both are lacking mids? Which one would be better? I just don't think the S-Logic on the 580's appeal to me. The one song I would like to play a lot and sound great is Lights by Ellie Goulding.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better than ATH-M50 for $120? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Audio Technica ATH-M50, suggestions needed. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi everyone, Before I start the review, I would like to thank Campfire Audio for making this awesome IEM, and also to d marc0 for inviting me in the tour. INTRODUCTION I'm an Indonesian...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION This is going to be a long review – I'll get that out up front. My time with the U6 has been a...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Just on sound quality, meh. It's very quiet, and detailed, but on my main headphones, AKG K712, the mid-treble balance is just too bright. The bass is nice and deep and honest, and midrange is OK,...
Review under construction.
Stuck between the Ultrasone HFI-580's and the Audio Technica M50'spost #1 of 157/28/12 at 8:53pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/28/12 at 9:00pm
dude, the ultrasone series is knwon to be the best for all types of electronic music. thye also are very clear and sound amazing on acoustic folk music. The slogic makes you feel like you are their, especially live recorded songs. Trust me you found your dream headphone. BTW mids arent as bad as m50's. they are quite better. Ultrasone 580 has much better lows and highs are equivalent. Definitly pick 580;s. You wont regret it. I promise : )post #3 of 157/28/12 at 9:07pmThread Starterpost #4 of 157/28/12 at 9:11pm
lol jsut over a year ago they were $220, the only headphones thta compare are the ultrasone pro 900, but they are $200 more. youll be happy with the 580's. no need to upgrade : )post #5 of 157/28/12 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #6 of 157/28/12 at 9:22pmpost #7 of 157/28/12 at 10:43pmThread Starter
Well, I just ordered my Ultrasone HFI-580's from Amazon with 1 day shipping! It should arrive next week on Tuesday! I can't wait to break them in and write a review! I'll have to learn all the headphone lingo otherwise I will have a hard time explaining what the sound is like.post #8 of 157/28/12 at 11:04pm
lol, congrats, they are awesome! Make sure to break them in, unlike many headphones, the 580's have a break in time of 100+ hours! Its fun to listen to them and hear how they change every couple of hours............ im at 70+ hours and they are starting to sound crazy good : )post #9 of 157/28/12 at 11:14pmThread Starterpost #10 of 157/29/12 at 12:53ampost #11 of 157/29/12 at 4:43ampost #12 of 157/31/12 at 4:21ampost #13 of 157/31/12 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #14 of 157/31/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
And about the cord, i guess, u need to ask the modding community on Ultrasones for doing it right.post #15 of 157/31/12 at 9:56pm
I just got the 580's as well, today in fact. They are absolutely amazing for electronic music. It makes me wonder about the 900's now. Probably hold off a year or so until I go for them, but if they are even better than the 580's I'm sold.
- Stuck between the Ultrasone HFI-580's and the Audio Technica M50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 57 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › Xuelin Ihifi 800, a brief introduction 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 4 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 7 minutes ago
- › Jays q-JAYS Reference earphones (2nd generation) Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 12 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse