I listen to electronica, dubstep, heavy bass (I like to feel the bass), guitar music, country, indie dance, gypsy punk like Gogol Bordello, and a bunch of other stuff. I want headphones where the bass stands out and has a kick. I also like more balanced headphones. I heard both are lacking mids? Which one would be better? I just don't think the S-Logic on the 580's appeal to me. The one song I would like to play a lot and sound great is Lights by Ellie Goulding.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better than ATH-M50 for $120? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Audio Technica ATH-M50, suggestions needed. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
Stuck between the Ultrasone HFI-580's and the Audio Technica M50'spost #1 of 157/28/12 at 8:53pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/28/12 at 9:00pm
dude, the ultrasone series is knwon to be the best for all types of electronic music. thye also are very clear and sound amazing on acoustic folk music. The slogic makes you feel like you are their, especially live recorded songs. Trust me you found your dream headphone. BTW mids arent as bad as m50's. they are quite better. Ultrasone 580 has much better lows and highs are equivalent. Definitly pick 580;s. You wont regret it. I promise : )post #3 of 157/28/12 at 9:07pmThread Starterpost #4 of 157/28/12 at 9:11pm
lol jsut over a year ago they were $220, the only headphones thta compare are the ultrasone pro 900, but they are $200 more. youll be happy with the 580's. no need to upgrade : )post #5 of 157/28/12 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #6 of 157/28/12 at 9:22pmpost #7 of 157/28/12 at 10:43pmThread Starter
Well, I just ordered my Ultrasone HFI-580's from Amazon with 1 day shipping! It should arrive next week on Tuesday! I can't wait to break them in and write a review! I'll have to learn all the headphone lingo otherwise I will have a hard time explaining what the sound is like.post #8 of 157/28/12 at 11:04pm
lol, congrats, they are awesome! Make sure to break them in, unlike many headphones, the 580's have a break in time of 100+ hours! Its fun to listen to them and hear how they change every couple of hours............ im at 70+ hours and they are starting to sound crazy good : )post #9 of 157/28/12 at 11:14pmThread Starterpost #10 of 157/29/12 at 12:53ampost #11 of 157/29/12 at 4:43ampost #12 of 157/31/12 at 4:21ampost #13 of 157/31/12 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #14 of 157/31/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
And about the cord, i guess, u need to ask the modding community on Ultrasones for doing it right.post #15 of 157/31/12 at 9:56pm
I just got the 580's as well, today in fact. They are absolutely amazing for electronic music. It makes me wonder about the 900's now. Probably hold off a year or so until I go for them, but if they are even better than the 580's I'm sold.
- Stuck between the Ultrasone HFI-580's and the Audio Technica M50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Need recommendation for open back headphones. 16 seconds ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 24 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 26 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 31 seconds ago
- › AKG K553 Pro vs. AKG K550 MK II (and thoughts on the AKG K550 "MK I") 32 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 48 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Analogically lowering the signal between PC and DAC. 1 minute ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...