I listen to electronica, dubstep, heavy bass (I like to feel the bass), guitar music, country, indie dance, gypsy punk like Gogol Bordello, and a bunch of other stuff. I want headphones where the bass stands out and has a kick. I also like more balanced headphones. I heard both are lacking mids? Which one would be better? I just don't think the S-Logic on the 580's appeal to me. The one song I would like to play a lot and sound great is Lights by Ellie Goulding.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better than ATH-M50 for $120? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Audio Technica ATH-M50, suggestions needed. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
Stuck between the Ultrasone HFI-580's and the Audio Technica M50'spost #1 of 157/28/12 at 8:53pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/28/12 at 9:00pm
dude, the ultrasone series is knwon to be the best for all types of electronic music. thye also are very clear and sound amazing on acoustic folk music. The slogic makes you feel like you are their, especially live recorded songs. Trust me you found your dream headphone. BTW mids arent as bad as m50's. they are quite better. Ultrasone 580 has much better lows and highs are equivalent. Definitly pick 580;s. You wont regret it. I promise : )post #3 of 157/28/12 at 9:07pmThread Starterpost #4 of 157/28/12 at 9:11pm
lol jsut over a year ago they were $220, the only headphones thta compare are the ultrasone pro 900, but they are $200 more. youll be happy with the 580's. no need to upgrade : )post #5 of 157/28/12 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #6 of 157/28/12 at 9:22pmpost #7 of 157/28/12 at 10:43pmThread Starter
Well, I just ordered my Ultrasone HFI-580's from Amazon with 1 day shipping! It should arrive next week on Tuesday! I can't wait to break them in and write a review! I'll have to learn all the headphone lingo otherwise I will have a hard time explaining what the sound is like.post #8 of 157/28/12 at 11:04pm
lol, congrats, they are awesome! Make sure to break them in, unlike many headphones, the 580's have a break in time of 100+ hours! Its fun to listen to them and hear how they change every couple of hours............ im at 70+ hours and they are starting to sound crazy good : )post #9 of 157/28/12 at 11:14pmThread Starterpost #10 of 157/29/12 at 12:53ampost #11 of 157/29/12 at 4:43ampost #12 of 157/31/12 at 4:21ampost #13 of 157/31/12 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #14 of 157/31/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
And about the cord, i guess, u need to ask the modding community on Ultrasones for doing it right.post #15 of 157/31/12 at 9:56pm
I just got the 580's as well, today in fact. They are absolutely amazing for electronic music. It makes me wonder about the 900's now. Probably hold off a year or so until I go for them, but if they are even better than the 580's I'm sold.
- Stuck between the Ultrasone HFI-580's and the Audio Technica M50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 59 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP30, anyone? 1 minute ago
- › Amp and DAC for AKG K712 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 1 minute ago
- › [WANTED]: Violectric v100/200 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 7 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2