- 183 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/28/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose a headphone! Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80post #1 of 147/28/12 at 2:48pmThread StarterI listen to a lot of edm,dubstep,thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 147/28/12 at 3:07pmpost #3 of 147/28/12 at 5:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 147/28/12 at 5:40pm
"Better" is pretty arguable.
The HD25 has better isolation, and more sparkle in its treble, though it can get fatiguing at times. Though I have not heard the M80, the general consensus is that it is a bit treble recessed. The HD25 isolates better, though I'm pretty sure the M80 will be more comfortable. Both are extremely well built.
So you are choosing between a V-shaped FR (HD25) and one with a nice low and mid end (M80). The decision can fall either way. I'd recommend you find a way to audition both if possible.
Good luck! Cheers!post #5 of 147/28/12 at 6:05pmAgreed with the impressions on the HD25^^
OP I find your genres more pleasing on the M-80 because of the lack of fatigue I get from them. Also thy have a wider soundstage while the HD25 sounds a bit congested. They're both detailed, good headphones but I'd take the M-80 for your genres in a heartbeat.post #6 of 147/28/12 at 6:07pmpost #7 of 147/28/12 at 6:10pm
To add to this thread, how are the Crossfade LP2 compared to the M-80? Personally I love around-ear headphones over on-ear. On-ear cans make me feel like I'm not wearing a legit, badass pair of headphones. Weird, huh?post #8 of 147/28/12 at 6:38pmpost #9 of 147/28/12 at 10:59pm
The LP2 are not too respected around here. You may as well wait for the M100.
For HD25 vs M80 comparisons, please see here. I have never heard the M80 so I'm not really qualified to give the not to either.post #10 of 147/29/12 at 7:17amThread Starterpost #11 of 147/29/12 at 7:22amThread Starterpost #12 of 147/29/12 at 9:45amThread Starterpost #13 of 147/29/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
From what I understand, an amp is unnecessary for both headphones, but I'm sure you'll get better sound quality using one. I highly doubt it'll be a huge difference, though.post #14 of 147/29/12 at 12:17pmThe k181 scales wih an amp but is not necessary. As for comfort the M-80 is the most comfortable supraaural I have ever had the pleasure of owning. It's also more portable than the K181, which can be slightly bulky in comparison.
- Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › AURALiC owners unite! 5 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 55 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 11 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 17 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3