- 183 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/28/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/28/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose a headphone! Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80post #1 of 147/28/12 at 2:48pmThread StarterI listen to a lot of edm,dubstep,thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 147/28/12 at 3:07pmpost #3 of 147/28/12 at 5:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 147/28/12 at 5:40pm
"Better" is pretty arguable.
The HD25 has better isolation, and more sparkle in its treble, though it can get fatiguing at times. Though I have not heard the M80, the general consensus is that it is a bit treble recessed. The HD25 isolates better, though I'm pretty sure the M80 will be more comfortable. Both are extremely well built.
So you are choosing between a V-shaped FR (HD25) and one with a nice low and mid end (M80). The decision can fall either way. I'd recommend you find a way to audition both if possible.
Good luck! Cheers!post #5 of 147/28/12 at 6:05pmAgreed with the impressions on the HD25^^
OP I find your genres more pleasing on the M-80 because of the lack of fatigue I get from them. Also thy have a wider soundstage while the HD25 sounds a bit congested. They're both detailed, good headphones but I'd take the M-80 for your genres in a heartbeat.post #6 of 147/28/12 at 6:07pmpost #7 of 147/28/12 at 6:10pm
To add to this thread, how are the Crossfade LP2 compared to the M-80? Personally I love around-ear headphones over on-ear. On-ear cans make me feel like I'm not wearing a legit, badass pair of headphones. Weird, huh?post #8 of 147/28/12 at 6:38pmpost #9 of 147/28/12 at 10:59pm
The LP2 are not too respected around here. You may as well wait for the M100.
For HD25 vs M80 comparisons, please see here. I have never heard the M80 so I'm not really qualified to give the not to either.post #10 of 147/29/12 at 7:17amThread Starterpost #11 of 147/29/12 at 7:22amThread Starterpost #12 of 147/29/12 at 9:45amThread Starterpost #13 of 147/29/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
From what I understand, an amp is unnecessary for both headphones, but I'm sure you'll get better sound quality using one. I highly doubt it'll be a huge difference, though.post #14 of 147/29/12 at 12:17pmThe k181 scales wih an amp but is not necessary. As for comfort the M-80 is the most comfortable supraaural I have ever had the pleasure of owning. It's also more portable than the K181, which can be slightly bulky in comparison.
- Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Toxic Cables Silver Poison 6 seconds ago
- › in ear headphones under $60 36 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 319 IEMs compared (T-Peos D200R added 08/01/14... 3 minutes ago
- › Need help on setting up my headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Closed Headphones that Sound like HD650? 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 6 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 7 minutes ago
- › 6ft Scorpion Toxic Cable 3.5mm Single Ended Termination for Audeze... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)