- 183 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/28/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/28/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose a headphone! Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag on it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawers: AKG K403, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, SR-80 and some more that I...
Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80post #1 of 147/28/12 at 2:48pmThread StarterI listen to a lot of edm,dubstep,thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 147/28/12 at 3:07pmpost #3 of 147/28/12 at 5:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 147/28/12 at 5:40pm
"Better" is pretty arguable.
The HD25 has better isolation, and more sparkle in its treble, though it can get fatiguing at times. Though I have not heard the M80, the general consensus is that it is a bit treble recessed. The HD25 isolates better, though I'm pretty sure the M80 will be more comfortable. Both are extremely well built.
So you are choosing between a V-shaped FR (HD25) and one with a nice low and mid end (M80). The decision can fall either way. I'd recommend you find a way to audition both if possible.
Good luck! Cheers!post #5 of 147/28/12 at 6:05pmAgreed with the impressions on the HD25^^
OP I find your genres more pleasing on the M-80 because of the lack of fatigue I get from them. Also thy have a wider soundstage while the HD25 sounds a bit congested. They're both detailed, good headphones but I'd take the M-80 for your genres in a heartbeat.post #6 of 147/28/12 at 6:07pmpost #7 of 147/28/12 at 6:10pm
To add to this thread, how are the Crossfade LP2 compared to the M-80? Personally I love around-ear headphones over on-ear. On-ear cans make me feel like I'm not wearing a legit, badass pair of headphones. Weird, huh?post #8 of 147/28/12 at 6:38pmpost #9 of 147/28/12 at 10:59pm
The LP2 are not too respected around here. You may as well wait for the M100.
For HD25 vs M80 comparisons, please see here. I have never heard the M80 so I'm not really qualified to give the not to either.post #10 of 147/29/12 at 7:17amThread Starterpost #11 of 147/29/12 at 7:22amThread Starterpost #12 of 147/29/12 at 9:45amThread Starterpost #13 of 147/29/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
From what I understand, an amp is unnecessary for both headphones, but I'm sure you'll get better sound quality using one. I highly doubt it'll be a huge difference, though.post #14 of 147/29/12 at 12:17pmThe k181 scales wih an amp but is not necessary. As for comfort the M-80 is the most comfortable supraaural I have ever had the pleasure of owning. It's also more portable than the K181, which can be slightly bulky in comparison.
- Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › High resolution music vs mp3. 37 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 46 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 49 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 1 minute ago
- › Which model Etymotic is this >> 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs... 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)