- 183 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/28/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose a headphone! Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80post #1 of 147/28/12 at 2:48pmThread StarterI listen to a lot of edm,dubstep,thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 147/28/12 at 3:07pmpost #3 of 147/28/12 at 5:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 147/28/12 at 5:40pm
"Better" is pretty arguable.
The HD25 has better isolation, and more sparkle in its treble, though it can get fatiguing at times. Though I have not heard the M80, the general consensus is that it is a bit treble recessed. The HD25 isolates better, though I'm pretty sure the M80 will be more comfortable. Both are extremely well built.
So you are choosing between a V-shaped FR (HD25) and one with a nice low and mid end (M80). The decision can fall either way. I'd recommend you find a way to audition both if possible.
Good luck! Cheers!post #5 of 147/28/12 at 6:05pmAgreed with the impressions on the HD25^^
OP I find your genres more pleasing on the M-80 because of the lack of fatigue I get from them. Also thy have a wider soundstage while the HD25 sounds a bit congested. They're both detailed, good headphones but I'd take the M-80 for your genres in a heartbeat.post #6 of 147/28/12 at 6:07pmpost #7 of 147/28/12 at 6:10pm
To add to this thread, how are the Crossfade LP2 compared to the M-80? Personally I love around-ear headphones over on-ear. On-ear cans make me feel like I'm not wearing a legit, badass pair of headphones. Weird, huh?post #8 of 147/28/12 at 6:38pmpost #9 of 147/28/12 at 10:59pm
The LP2 are not too respected around here. You may as well wait for the M100.
For HD25 vs M80 comparisons, please see here. I have never heard the M80 so I'm not really qualified to give the not to either.post #10 of 147/29/12 at 7:17amThread Starterpost #11 of 147/29/12 at 7:22amThread Starterpost #12 of 147/29/12 at 9:45amThread Starterpost #13 of 147/29/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
From what I understand, an amp is unnecessary for both headphones, but I'm sure you'll get better sound quality using one. I highly doubt it'll be a huge difference, though.post #14 of 147/29/12 at 12:17pmThe k181 scales wih an amp but is not necessary. As for comfort the M-80 is the most comfortable supraaural I have ever had the pleasure of owning. It's also more portable than the K181, which can be slightly bulky in comparison.
- Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Should I get a dedicated soundcard? If so, recommendations? 5 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 37 seconds ago
- › Atlanta Fall Meet 1 minute ago
- › Bottlehead Crack with Speedball 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Changing sampling rate in windows 7 is suddenly not doint anything. 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...