- 183 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/28/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/28/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose a headphone! Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80post #1 of 147/28/12 at 2:48pmThread StarterI listen to a lot of edm,dubstep,thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 147/28/12 at 3:07pmpost #3 of 147/28/12 at 5:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 147/28/12 at 5:40pm
"Better" is pretty arguable.
The HD25 has better isolation, and more sparkle in its treble, though it can get fatiguing at times. Though I have not heard the M80, the general consensus is that it is a bit treble recessed. The HD25 isolates better, though I'm pretty sure the M80 will be more comfortable. Both are extremely well built.
So you are choosing between a V-shaped FR (HD25) and one with a nice low and mid end (M80). The decision can fall either way. I'd recommend you find a way to audition both if possible.
Good luck! Cheers!post #5 of 147/28/12 at 6:05pmAgreed with the impressions on the HD25^^
OP I find your genres more pleasing on the M-80 because of the lack of fatigue I get from them. Also thy have a wider soundstage while the HD25 sounds a bit congested. They're both detailed, good headphones but I'd take the M-80 for your genres in a heartbeat.post #6 of 147/28/12 at 6:07pmpost #7 of 147/28/12 at 6:10pm
To add to this thread, how are the Crossfade LP2 compared to the M-80? Personally I love around-ear headphones over on-ear. On-ear cans make me feel like I'm not wearing a legit, badass pair of headphones. Weird, huh?post #8 of 147/28/12 at 6:38pmpost #9 of 147/28/12 at 10:59pm
The LP2 are not too respected around here. You may as well wait for the M100.
For HD25 vs M80 comparisons, please see here. I have never heard the M80 so I'm not really qualified to give the not to either.post #10 of 147/29/12 at 7:17amThread Starterpost #11 of 147/29/12 at 7:22amThread Starterpost #12 of 147/29/12 at 9:45amThread Starterpost #13 of 147/29/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
From what I understand, an amp is unnecessary for both headphones, but I'm sure you'll get better sound quality using one. I highly doubt it'll be a huge difference, though.post #14 of 147/29/12 at 12:17pmThe k181 scales wih an amp but is not necessary. As for comfort the M-80 is the most comfortable supraaural I have ever had the pleasure of owning. It's also more portable than the K181, which can be slightly bulky in comparison.
- Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › How long does it take to ship Hifiman HE400 from Headamp.com 43 seconds ago
- › First post and looking for advice 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition less than 50 hours used MINT 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)