I love my HD600 to bits as it is so detailed ... but I am after another set with skull crunching bass (both in quality and quantity) but having as much other detail as possible, around the $300-400 mark ... the fact that I am EQ-ing all my music to increase bass from 16-125kHz suggests I need another can?
I find that my lightweight travel MEElectronics A151 have tonnes more bass but at the expense of detail and soundstage but I like a good head shake once in a while ....
Any ideas on where to start?
THis is what I have
- FLAC to Fiio E17
- All things pop from Bon Jovi to Evanescence to Christina Perri to Coldplay
This is what i know
- HD650 has 'more' bass but perhaps not much more
- denon D2000 has incredible lowdown bass
The kind of sound i like
- do not like sharp highs/fatiguing phones
- love the sound signature of the HD600