I'd love to - only problem is that I don't have the 1964 V6, so I have nothing much to say about it. Sorry!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productHeir Audio 4.Atagged by System, 8/1/12
- productHeir Audio 6.A custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help out with some custom IEM Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom or Universal at ~$200~$400? Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
Review: Heir Audio 4.A - Page 4post #46 of 11011/13/12 at 1:02pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 11011/21/12 at 1:55ampost #48 of 11011/21/12 at 9:14amThread StarterGreat deal alert!!!
If anyone out there missed the intro pricing, and has been kicking themselves ever since... This is your chance to make up for it. The 4.A is a special CIEM and at a special price, it's a no brainer.post #49 of 11011/21/12 at 10:20am
i'm going to buy these ciem due to the special price, but i already have a pair of westone 4 and i would like to know if it's a really great deal to change them for th a4
If anyone have a response, i'll enjoy it !post #50 of 11011/22/12 at 1:22am
How does the 4.A respond to EQ? I'm curious because I think I might like to add a boost in the low end for some music (House, trance, etc).
Also is the red on your 4.A just the normal dark red or is it a special design? Looks really good!post #51 of 11011/22/12 at 8:51amThread StarterQuote:
Sorry, I haven't heard the Westone 4 but I know some others have and might have a comparison for you.Quote:
It responds reasonably well - sometimes I use an app called Equalizer Pro, or else the more common EQu, on my iPad. I can get some fairly bass heavy, colored sound from the 4.A if I add some boost, and maybe even cut some frequencies here and there in the highs for a smoother more forgiving sound.
I had Wizard make these 4.A for me choosing whatever design he wanted. So I'm not really sure about the red. But if you ask him he will remember as he was really happy with the result.post #52 of 11011/22/12 at 12:06pm
I have an appointment for my impressions tomorrow morning. I already have my 4.A design picked out :)
I hope I love them... I am always a little nervous about not enough bass... but can't quite swing the 8.A's which I understand are bass monsters.
Darrenpost #53 of 11011/22/12 at 2:57pmQuote:
With a good amp (insert plug for Rendition One) the 4.A gives out impressive amounts of bottom end...
Wizardpost #54 of 11011/22/12 at 3:36pmThread StarterQuote:
Indeed. Pretty nice from a Sansa Clip or similar, but they really come alive with amplification.post #55 of 11011/23/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
Actually, I just bit the bullet and ordered the 8.A !
It's gonna be the longest 3-5 weeks of my life lol. Special thanks to Brannan at Heir for all of the help.post #56 of 11011/24/12 at 6:35amThread StarterQuote:
Congrats - you'll love them!
The only thing I'd say is that with massive orders coming in from the Black Friday sale as well as the 8.A discount, build times may be pushed back somewhat. I'm just guessing here. But to wait a few extra weeks for a beautiful work of art, custom made just for you, that sounds spectacular - doesn't seem too unreasonable.post #57 of 11011/24/12 at 7:51amYeah your probably right..... Oh well, I am in no rush and didn't really expect to see them until the new year anyways. I have my Shure SE535 to keep me company in waiting period
Do you people in the USA typically get charged duty/brokerage/taxes upon receiving your package from HeirAudio from China ?
Darrenpost #58 of 11011/24/12 at 8:16ampost #59 of 11011/24/12 at 8:18ampost #60 of 1101/7/13 at 7:30am
Just wanted to post a little feedback about my 4A that I received 1 week ago....
About the sound, no need to say that it's like the 4Ai that I also owned but in better... the sound is fantastic... airy, 3d, punchy, transparent, coherent...
I had the chance (?) to have a perfect fit immediately at the first time and when I say perfect, I mean perfect... Had some experience whith my EM6 that I also love but fit wasn't so easy to achieve this level of perfection.
The isolation is so damn good, more than Universals with silicone tips.
The built quality and the finish is incredible.
But what is important to add, is the perfect service done by Sunny....
Thank you Heir Audio....
Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 1/7/13 at 7:33amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Heir Audio 4.A
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 20 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 47 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 56 seconds ago
- › Westone 4R 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › The release of FiiO X3's new firmware (FW2.1)—Nov 20th 2013 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi