I'd love to - only problem is that I don't have the 1964 V6, so I have nothing much to say about it. Sorry!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 4/6/13 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help out with some custom IEM Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom or Universal at ~$200~$400? Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Review: Heir Audio 4.A - Page 4post #46 of 8811/13/12 at 1:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 8811/21/12 at 1:55ampost #48 of 8811/21/12 at 9:14amThread StarterGreat deal alert!!!
If anyone out there missed the intro pricing, and has been kicking themselves ever since... This is your chance to make up for it. The 4.A is a special CIEM and at a special price, it's a no brainer.post #49 of 8811/21/12 at 10:20am
i'm going to buy these ciem due to the special price, but i already have a pair of westone 4 and i would like to know if it's a really great deal to change them for th a4
If anyone have a response, i'll enjoy it !post #50 of 8811/22/12 at 1:22am
How does the 4.A respond to EQ? I'm curious because I think I might like to add a boost in the low end for some music (House, trance, etc).
Also is the red on your 4.A just the normal dark red or is it a special design? Looks really good!post #51 of 8811/22/12 at 8:51amThread StarterQuote:
Sorry, I haven't heard the Westone 4 but I know some others have and might have a comparison for you.Quote:
It responds reasonably well - sometimes I use an app called Equalizer Pro, or else the more common EQu, on my iPad. I can get some fairly bass heavy, colored sound from the 4.A if I add some boost, and maybe even cut some frequencies here and there in the highs for a smoother more forgiving sound.
I had Wizard make these 4.A for me choosing whatever design he wanted. So I'm not really sure about the red. But if you ask him he will remember as he was really happy with the result.post #52 of 8811/22/12 at 12:06pm
I have an appointment for my impressions tomorrow morning. I already have my 4.A design picked out :)
I hope I love them... I am always a little nervous about not enough bass... but can't quite swing the 8.A's which I understand are bass monsters.
Darrenpost #53 of 8811/22/12 at 2:57pmQuote:
With a good amp (insert plug for Rendition One) the 4.A gives out impressive amounts of bottom end...
Wizardpost #54 of 8811/22/12 at 3:36pmThread StarterQuote:
Indeed. Pretty nice from a Sansa Clip or similar, but they really come alive with amplification.post #55 of 8811/23/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
Actually, I just bit the bullet and ordered the 8.A !
It's gonna be the longest 3-5 weeks of my life lol. Special thanks to Brannan at Heir for all of the help.post #56 of 8811/24/12 at 6:35amThread StarterQuote:
Congrats - you'll love them!
The only thing I'd say is that with massive orders coming in from the Black Friday sale as well as the 8.A discount, build times may be pushed back somewhat. I'm just guessing here. But to wait a few extra weeks for a beautiful work of art, custom made just for you, that sounds spectacular - doesn't seem too unreasonable.post #57 of 8811/24/12 at 7:51amYeah your probably right..... Oh well, I am in no rush and didn't really expect to see them until the new year anyways. I have my Shure SE535 to keep me company in waiting period
Do you people in the USA typically get charged duty/brokerage/taxes upon receiving your package from HeirAudio from China ?
Darrenpost #58 of 8811/24/12 at 8:16ampost #59 of 8811/24/12 at 8:18ampost #60 of 881/7/13 at 7:30am
Just wanted to post a little feedback about my 4A that I received 1 week ago....
About the sound, no need to say that it's like the 4Ai that I also owned but in better... the sound is fantastic... airy, 3d, punchy, transparent, coherent...
I had the chance (?) to have a perfect fit immediately at the first time and when I say perfect, I mean perfect... Had some experience whith my EM6 that I also love but fit wasn't so easy to achieve this level of perfection.
The isolation is so damn good, more than Universals with silicone tips.
The built quality and the finish is incredible.
But what is important to add, is the perfect service done by Sunny....
Thank you Heir Audio....
Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 1/7/13 at 7:33amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Heir Audio 4.A
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver... 13 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - Sennheiser IE800... 48 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-FX31 1 minute ago
- › Where does the Headamp GS-1 Stand now? 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › Audiotechnica ath m50? 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe