- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 6:38 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC or portable amp for Etymotic ER-4S? Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for Sub-$200 IEM with a Few Requirements Last post on 1/19/15 at 4:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) Last post on Today at 1:13 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO X3K Last post on Yesterday at 7:16 pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and... - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's been said a few times already but March is the closest estimate given so far. :D
120pcs Mont Blanc will arrive Micca in U.S next week.
Great news! If I buy the Apple lightning to 30-pin adapter, then connect from the E12 to 30-pin, have you confirmed it will work with full function and SQ as if it was direct E12 to lightning. Also, do you have any plans to produce E12 to lightning adapter as I believe Venturecraft offers with the GoDapX?
I may be misunderstanding your question, but the E12 doesn't have a DAC, so you would be using the phone's DAC.
Thank you for pointing that out, I was not aware. In that case, it sounds like the ideal solution is a direct E12 to lightning cable. I don't know if the Venturecraft cable is compatible with the E12.
I think that in that case you're using the iPhone 5 DAC and just getting an LOD (analog output) and not a digital output.
Are you sure that's a DAC in that cable?
That doesn't make any sense!
Could be a charge control chip or an authentication chip?
Why put a DAC in the cable if the iPhone already has a DAC in it?
Edited by Chris J - 2/4/13 at 6:25pm
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 with Zu Mobius MK2 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short... 7 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 11 minutes ago
- › Headphone EDITION 10 Limited 13 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 15 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 17 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)