- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 8:38 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now on Pre-Order From Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on Yesterday at 5:05 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application Megathread Last post on Yesterday at 8:55 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable AMP + DAC or a DAP...?? Last post on 5/9/15 at 2:43am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Phone-Bluetooth-Amp-Earbuds Last post on 2/16/15 at 10:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's been said a few times already but March is the closest estimate given so far. :D
120pcs Mont Blanc will arrive Micca in U.S next week.
Great news! If I buy the Apple lightning to 30-pin adapter, then connect from the E12 to 30-pin, have you confirmed it will work with full function and SQ as if it was direct E12 to lightning. Also, do you have any plans to produce E12 to lightning adapter as I believe Venturecraft offers with the GoDapX?
I may be misunderstanding your question, but the E12 doesn't have a DAC, so you would be using the phone's DAC.
Thank you for pointing that out, I was not aware. In that case, it sounds like the ideal solution is a direct E12 to lightning cable. I don't know if the Venturecraft cable is compatible with the E12.
I think that in that case you're using the iPhone 5 DAC and just getting an LOD (analog output) and not a digital output.
Are you sure that's a DAC in that cable?
That doesn't make any sense!
Could be a charge control chip or an authentication chip?
Why put a DAC in the cable if the iPhone already has a DAC in it?
Edited by Chris J - 2/4/13 at 6:25pm
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)