Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 1:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO X1 2nd gen Review World Tour Starts Right Now, don't miss your chance! Last post on 11/28/16 at 6:49pm in Portable Source Gear
- About the touch wheel on X1 2nd gen --by James Last post on 10/3/16 at 6:58am in FiiO
- Hiya Last post on 9/3/16 at 5:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Turn Your Detachable Cable Headphones into HiFi Bluetooth Headphones---FiiO BTC-MMCX Last post on 11/22/16 at 12:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 11/28/16
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 32
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The preorder was a special that FiiO offered, where ten headfiers and ten facebookers got to order early.
Following is some information from Feiao on that special offer thread regarding the release. I believe the first to be release to the general public will be the set going to Micca. Maybe you should contact them if they are doing a preorder?:
"We are burn-ing the first batch of Mont Blanc , it take 3 hours to charge it to full battery and them take about 15 hours to run off the battery with music play. after 3 times ,
we will assemble it to the final unit and test all the performance and functions, So far everything just go smooth and we may delivery all the pre order . and them the other
200pcs will be available in U.S at the end of Jan, 2013 and sold by Micca store.
The next batch will be start in Feb and the third batch will be available in March , for most customers, they may need to wait till March if they can buy one among the 1st, 2st
batch. because the total quantity before the third batch is only about 1000 units."
Personally, I'd just call Micca or shoot them an email. I have no idea if they are doing a pre-order, though. I just suggested it may be worth checking.
The E17 has a built in Digital-to-Analogue-Converter (DAC), so it will act like a quality stereo sound card when you plug it into your computer. The E17 also allows treble and bass adjustment on the device. It would be classified as a portable DAC + amp device.
The E12 (Mont Blanc) is a different kind of product, it is a portable amp that is between 3 and 4 times as powerful as the E17's amp. The Mont Blanc is intended to be plugged into another source like the headphone out of an iPod, computer, etc. I am going to use mine with my iPod and my gaming setup, as the last component before I plug in my headphones (AKG Q701, which benefit from more powerful amps than a headphone designed to work with an iPod).
If I needed one device to carry around with a laptop, I would buy an E17. It's a pretty good all-in-one device. But, since I have a nice soundcard in my desktop computer (my laptop is broken), and a separate DAC for other devices, I choose to get an E12 Mont Blanc so I would have a really powerful amp that I can easily take and connect to multiple devices around my house and (hopefully) at work.
Edited by Evshrug - 1/1/13 at 3:45pm
But if your wrong equation "which is better" actually means "which has more power as an amplifier" I'll give you an answer: the E12 delivers around 850mW @ 32ohms (as feiao posted in the previous page), while the E17 delivers 220mW @ 32ohms... If you do your maths correctly you can easely say that the E12 turns out to have more power. For comparision, the E11 Kilimanjaro delivers 180mW at the same load, so yes, the E12 has THAT much more power.
EDIT: evshrug is faster than me!
Edited by MrScratch - 1/1/13 at 2:31pm
I thought the E11's amp was slightly more powerful than the amp half of the E17?
Edit: WOAH, new design of the FiiO page! Their specs match what MrScratch said, I thought I'd read differently before. The new site has a few typographical and spelling errors, but overall shows a huge positive leap in providing more information.
Edited by Evshrug - 1/1/13 at 2:56pm
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › HE-350 vs HD 598 15 seconds ago
- › Opinions Wanted: Favorite cables for CIEMS 24 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › 2 Audeze Comfort Straps Available 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's New HD Line of Affordable Headphones (HD 451, HD 461,... 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone7 Plus + Sony MDR-1A + ??? 4 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear