Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:02 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable AMP + DAC or a DAP...?? Last post on 5/9/15 at 2:43am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Phone-Bluetooth-Amp-Earbuds Last post on 2/16/15 at 10:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser 429s no highs when plugged into DAC Last post on 2/11/15 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO E12 v1 vs Cayin C5 brief comparison Last post on 5/6/15 at 8:15pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 32
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The preorder was a special that FiiO offered, where ten headfiers and ten facebookers got to order early.
Following is some information from Feiao on that special offer thread regarding the release. I believe the first to be release to the general public will be the set going to Micca. Maybe you should contact them if they are doing a preorder?:
"We are burn-ing the first batch of Mont Blanc , it take 3 hours to charge it to full battery and them take about 15 hours to run off the battery with music play. after 3 times ,
we will assemble it to the final unit and test all the performance and functions, So far everything just go smooth and we may delivery all the pre order . and them the other
200pcs will be available in U.S at the end of Jan, 2013 and sold by Micca store.
The next batch will be start in Feb and the third batch will be available in March , for most customers, they may need to wait till March if they can buy one among the 1st, 2st
batch. because the total quantity before the third batch is only about 1000 units."
Personally, I'd just call Micca or shoot them an email. I have no idea if they are doing a pre-order, though. I just suggested it may be worth checking.
The E17 has a built in Digital-to-Analogue-Converter (DAC), so it will act like a quality stereo sound card when you plug it into your computer. The E17 also allows treble and bass adjustment on the device. It would be classified as a portable DAC + amp device.
The E12 (Mont Blanc) is a different kind of product, it is a portable amp that is between 3 and 4 times as powerful as the E17's amp. The Mont Blanc is intended to be plugged into another source like the headphone out of an iPod, computer, etc. I am going to use mine with my iPod and my gaming setup, as the last component before I plug in my headphones (AKG Q701, which benefit from more powerful amps than a headphone designed to work with an iPod).
If I needed one device to carry around with a laptop, I would buy an E17. It's a pretty good all-in-one device. But, since I have a nice soundcard in my desktop computer (my laptop is broken), and a separate DAC for other devices, I choose to get an E12 Mont Blanc so I would have a really powerful amp that I can easily take and connect to multiple devices around my house and (hopefully) at work.
Edited by Evshrug - 1/1/13 at 3:45pm
But if your wrong equation "which is better" actually means "which has more power as an amplifier" I'll give you an answer: the E12 delivers around 850mW @ 32ohms (as feiao posted in the previous page), while the E17 delivers 220mW @ 32ohms... If you do your maths correctly you can easely say that the E12 turns out to have more power. For comparision, the E11 Kilimanjaro delivers 180mW at the same load, so yes, the E12 has THAT much more power.
EDIT: evshrug is faster than me!
Edited by MrScratch - 1/1/13 at 2:31pm
I thought the E11's amp was slightly more powerful than the amp half of the E17?
Edit: WOAH, new design of the FiiO page! Their specs match what MrScratch said, I thought I'd read differently before. The new site has a few typographical and spelling errors, but overall shows a huge positive leap in providing more information.
Edited by Evshrug - 1/1/13 at 2:56pm
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 6 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 1 minute ago
- › Best Headphones under $400 (Certain Criteria) 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › AC vs. DC umbilical power cord 5 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 6 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2