Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 241

post #3601 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by bms44974 View Post

The small cable connecting my E12 and X3 has developed a short. Can anyone recommend a source for a replacement? Thanks... Brian


 

I am pretty sure FIIO sells it.
post #3602 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by bms44974 View Post

The small cable connecting my E12 and X3 has developed a short. Can anyone recommend a source for a replacement? Thanks... Brian


 


I would just hit up amazon, there are tons out there. Also JDS labs has a really short one on there website and its only 5 bucks..
post #3603 of 3613
post #3604 of 3613
Can anyone comment on whether or not the original e12 can run the Beyer t1 and the shure 1540 sufficiently? Many thanks.
post #3605 of 3613
There are very few portable HP amplifiers around, more powerful than the E12. It has a 15+V peak-to-peak swing, and can sink 250mA continuously (500mA peak), per channel.
I would not worry at all, in both cases.
Basically, unless you are trying to drive an HP whose drivers are made by plywood, the E12 should cover it.
post #3606 of 3613

Hey everyone,

 

I managed to tweak the E12 bass boost curve using a little subtractive EQ. I used the Golden Ears Accudio app on my iPod as it utilizes a useful frequency graph that illustrates what you're cutting/boosting. I also used the E12 bass boost frequency graph on fiio.net as a reference. Here's what I came up with:

 

 


Step 1: E12 bass boost frequency response

 

Now to get rid of that bloated mid bass, I introduced a -3 dB cut at 125 Hz (2.5 oct bandwidth). The resulting cut after the curve looks like this:

 

 

 

Step 2: Revised bass boost (green line) after 125 Hz cut (blue line).

 

As you can see, this bass boost is much more sub-bass focused. It fills in the low end of my Sennheiser HD600 nicely and coaxes some impressive, powerful yet controlled sub-bass out of my AKG K545. With the K545, I was wishing for an intermediate gain setting with the E12 because I had to apply a pre-cut for the software EQ bass boost I was using. Now I can run full volume on 0 gain, which is plenty with the efficient AKGs. Hardware EQ FTW!

post #3607 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotIce View Post

There are very few portable HP amplifiers around, more powerful than the E12. It has a 15+V peak-to-peak swing, and can sink 250mA continuously (500mA peak), per channel.
I would not worry at all, in both cases.
Basically, unless you are trying to drive an HP whose drivers are made by plywood, the E12 should cover it.

There is this;

 

http://www.ibasso.com/products-detail.php?id=87

 

 

Allows you to go balanced as well. I would confidently say it would stomp all over the E12 but naturally it is at a higher price point.

post #3608 of 3613

Hi guys!

 

Anyone got any experience with sending their E12 to FiiO for warranty replacement? 

 

I sent mine june 19th and it's been stuck saying

19-Jun-2015 08:25 Arrival Import customs BEIJING

 

since the 19th as you can see? I've heard from sneaking around on forums that it can take months for stuff to get sent out from china, but is it the same going into China? 

 

Any thoughts?

post #3609 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelthebeat View Post
 

Hi guys!

 

Anyone got any experience with sending their E12 to FiiO for warranty replacement? 

 

I sent mine june 19th and it's been stuck saying

19-Jun-2015 08:25 Arrival Import customs BEIJING

 

since the 19th as you can see? I've heard from sneaking around on forums that it can take months for stuff to get sent out from china, but is it the same going into China? 

 

Any thoughts?

That is quite bad. 

 

What type of shipping did you use when you sent?

post #3610 of 3613

EMS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobrescu George View Post
 

That is quite bad. 

 

What type of shipping did you use when you sent?

 

I sent it as en EMS package.

 

EDIT, hahaha, speaking of the devil, between my last message and now I get an email from Fii0 confirming that the package has arrived :) Happy days are here again :)


Edited by Feelthebeat - 7/2/15 at 3:33am
post #3611 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelthebeat View Post
 

EMS 

 

I sent it as en EMS package.

 

EDIT, hahaha, speaking of the devil, between my last message and now I get an email from Fii0 confirming that the package has arrived :) Happy days are here again :)

Great!

 

I hope that you will receive a good, working one, and that you will be happy with it!

post #3612 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobrescu George View Post
 

Great!

 

I hope that you will receive a good, working one, and that you will be happy with it!

Me too my fellow FiiO friend, me too. But I will be super paranoid about it breaking again. Probably won't dare to charge it from the wall socket and only use the usb even if it takes all night, I'm suspecting that some surge spike from the wall socket killed it last time. 

post #3613 of 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelthebeat View Post
 

Me too my fellow FiiO friend, me too. But I will be super paranoid about it breaking again. Probably won't dare to charge it from the wall socket and only use the usb even if it takes all night, I'm suspecting that some surge spike from the wall socket killed it last time. 


Of course you should do what you feel is best, but I've been charging mine solely from the wall for over a year without a problem.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!