Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and... - Page 220

post #3286 of 3295

But this is only amplificator ? no DAC ?

post #3287 of 3295
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulguru View Post
 

But this is only amplificator ? no DAC ?


The E12 is an amplifier only. No DAC.

 

If you are looking for a DAC+AMP combo, Fiio offer several but the amplification is lower than the E12 last I looked.

post #3288 of 3295
In one setup I use a FIIO X3 as DAC+Player, strapped over a FIIO E12 as amp.
I bought the X3 more as player than DAC actually, but I find myself mostly listening Spotify these days, and I like the X3 DAC a lot.
post #3289 of 3295

As somebody whose owned the Fiio E12 for 6 months and paired it with an iPod (using LOD) and NAD VISO HP50 headphones, I've gotta say - What a great value this amp is - lots of drive, and very transparent.

post #3290 of 3295
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotIce View Post

In one setup I use a FIIO X3 as DAC+Player, strapped over a FIIO E12 as amp.
I bought the X3 more as player than DAC actually, but I find myself mostly listening Spotify these days, and I like the X3 DAC a lot.


I am using the X1. Wish I had kicked out the $ for the X3 or X5, but the E12 is rocking the X1 just fine.

post #3291 of 3295
Quote:
Originally Posted by htr2d2 View Post
 


I am using the X1. Wish I had kicked out the $ for the X3 or X5, but the E12 is rocking the X1 just fine.

 

Hi,

 

For ~100€, do you think I must go for a X1 or a E12 paired with my Cowon D2+ ?

 

I have a Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ω (my cowon can't handle it), a sennheiser PX100-II and Jays S-jays.

 

Later, I think I will sell the device (X1 or E12) and buy a X3II.

post #3292 of 3295
I am using the E12 with the DT880 250 Ohm. The E12 is at no more than 40% volume, when connected with the DT880.
PLENTY of power.
post #3293 of 3295
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotIce View Post

I am using the E12 with the DT880 250 Ohm. The E12 is at no more than 40% volume, when connected with the DT880.
PLENTY of power.

Thanks.

 

I'm going to test it in a shop tomorrow.

post #3294 of 3295
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrion crow View Post
 

 

Hi,

 

For ~100€, do you think I must go for a X1 or a E12 paired with my Cowon D2+ ?

 

I have a Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ω (my cowon can't handle it), a sennheiser PX100-II and Jays S-jays.

 

Later, I think I will sell the device (X1 or E12) and buy a X3II.


You should be happy with the E12. For a solid state component, it sounds pretty good.

post #3295 of 3295

I listened to the E12 yesterday. It's powerfull enough to drive my DT880. But the sound with my cowon D2+ is not as good as Fiio X1 + E12. So I didn't buy anything, I will think about it a little more.

 

Thank you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!