But this is only amplificator ? no DAC ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 6:51 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC or portable amp for Etymotic ER-4S? Last post on 1/25/15 at 7:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for Sub-$200 IEM with a Few Requirements Last post on 1/19/15 at 4:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) Last post on Today at 6:49 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO X3K Last post on Today at 6:55 pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and... - Page 220
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The E12 is an amplifier only. No DAC.
If you are looking for a DAC+AMP combo, Fiio offer several but the amplification is lower than the E12 last I looked.
I bought the X3 more as player than DAC actually, but I find myself mostly listening Spotify these days, and I like the X3 DAC a lot.
As somebody whose owned the Fiio E12 for 6 months and paired it with an iPod (using LOD) and NAD VISO HP50 headphones, I've gotta say - What a great value this amp is - lots of drive, and very transparent.
I am using the X1. Wish I had kicked out the $ for the X3 or X5, but the E12 is rocking the X1 just fine.
For ~100€, do you think I must go for a X1 or a E12 paired with my Cowon D2+ ?
I have a Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ω (my cowon can't handle it), a sennheiser PX100-II and Jays S-jays.
Later, I think I will sell the device (X1 or E12) and buy a X3II.
I'm going to test it in a shop tomorrow.
You should be happy with the E12. For a solid state component, it sounds pretty good.
I listened to the E12 yesterday. It's powerfull enough to drive my DT880. But the sound with my cowon D2+ is not as good as Fiio X1 + E12. So I didn't buy anything, I will think about it a little more.
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › Home-Made IEMs 22 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › I'm Justin, I like music, games and I'm just getting into higher... 3 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 3 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Linear Power Supply (LPS and LPS4)... 6 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3